Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No_Moron_Here Finished?

So much for talking about Heiney and Crispy being banned.

How about something useful?

I noticed Tom has "Finished" marked under his username.

I haven't seen him around for awhile, but did he pack it in?

If so, that's a real loss.

Tom! Come back!

We miss you!

Re: No_Moron_Here Finished?

I sent him a p.m. some days ago but got no reply.

His sig file seems fairly self-explanatory, really.

A very depressing thought that a couple of imbeciles and the activities of one of them can get rid of him just like that. (I suppose it's not necessarily "just like that", really? These things usually build up over a period and then at some point there's a "straw that breaks the camel's back"? This was a hell of a "straw", though).

But this is the sad outcome when one or two imbeciles are allowed to take over a forum: they can get rid of huge numbers of people, collectively, over a long period, albeit only one or two at a time, dissuade countless silent others from joining, reduce the traffic and income, subvert the forum's purpose and function, and generally screw everything up. :cwm2:

Hmmm...

I never noticed his sig file before.

If that's true, then I guess he did check out.

Too bad.

He's made the comment to me in the past, that this was getting to be to much like work, or something of that nature more or less anyway. I hope he's just taking a break for now, I like his brand of humor and wit.

:spin2:
    Who's running this popcorn stand anyway? :zx11pissed:

Which is why, Heather, I strongly suspect that you are the culprit who scammed scam.com by removing the smear thread against me and then banning me for it.

Len
    Wait a minute!

It wasn't Heather that did the dirty deed - it was Tom!

Then in a fit of remorse he did the honorable thing and resigned from the forum.

It's all perfectly clear now!

Not quite. Knowing Len's history, I banned the additional IDs he was creating and I sent the supermods and owner links to Lenny's own words. Zachary pays the bills around here and it is entirely his call as to who will moderate and who will stay banned. I only acted as it was in the best interest of this site, its owner and valued members and I wanted Zachary to have time to assess the situation. I know your IP was leaked.

Len has made it clear he does not want posters to be anonymous, he does not want everyone's voice heard and he has no intention of seeing these threads on the first page of the Google search engine. So, NMH banning him initially was a heroic act in my book and I sure miss him. He was so much fun on here!

Soapboxmom

I have a lot of respect for NMH,sorry hes gone.Clearly I havnt been keeping up to date with whats been happening around here.What gives?
    www.scam.com
    The Raymond st Clair/Gary Martin Beaver Saga.

i liked him, i hope he comes back, but i sympathize with his situation. still. we need him here to kick more scammer a$$!

Wow No_Mo, I hate to see you gone man. But I know better than to blame you at all.

Thread deletions aren't really a topic of polite discussion, but they are a cancer eating his forum. I know at times they are justified and perhaps unavoidable and I don't presume that Zack owes us an explanation regrading them. That being said they are still a source of seething anger to me and that is ALL I will say about them.

Being a moderator here is not nearly as glamorous as you might think, in fact sometimes it's a bit like being a fire hydrant at a dog show. I have seen this website help people in real and tangible ways and I enjoy being a (microscopic) part of that, cleaning up spam and curbing some of the grosser abuses of common decency. But it's almost an axiom, the people least able to moderate their own behavior seem to take the greatest level of offense when someone else moderates it for them.

I can read and investigate most spam reports without needing to login to my posting account and we have a good crew of mods here, most reports get addressed quite quickly, so I can sometimes go a few days without needing to "involve" myself here. I need those times to avoid forgetting that this is a avocation, not an occupation. I understand No_Mo's frustration because I share it. And I for one would welcome him with open arms should he ever grace us with his return.

No_Moron_Here / Tom writes:
    Please allow me to set the record straight on what happened and why I will no longer participate as a mod or as a member of this site.

On April 23, I received an e-mail stating that the Len Clements - Who is he anyway? thread disappeared. I logged on and saw that it had indeed been hard deleted. I then checked to see who logged on to the site that was an ADMIN or moderator. Both the ADMIN and Len had signed on earlier that day. In my OPINION and through the process of elimination, I highly suspect the thread was deleted by the ADMIN with a request from Len to do so. Keeping my promise, I immediately banned Len for life with the reason "Deleted thread." I do believe that Len has every right to post on this site, but as long as he has moderator status, the membership information is in jeopardy. Should he be removed as a moderator, then hopefully he could be reinstated as a member. I made a conscious decision to leave the site for moral and ethical reasons based not only on this incident but past threads being deleted without any explanation being given from the ADMIN even when questioned multiple times. All inquiries were ignored which was more than frustrating. The first major thread deletion that I had a vested interest in was the YTB thread.

As stated in previous posts by Soapboxmom, Len's intentions were very clear as were his motives. To designate him as a moderator in the first place was inconceivable given his rants on this site and at MLM.com. I feel the members come first and their identities should be protected. Len could have jeopardized that and it is my opinion that was one of his motives.

I know which fights to choose and in this particular instance, none of the moderator's concerns were addressed, and given the circumstances, I cannot accept the decision that was made and put into place. The only viable and moral option for me was to leave. And that I did and I will not be returning as a moderator or a member.

Scam.com is and can be a wealth of knowledge and personal experiences posted by the members, both positive and negative. I urge all of you to continue to participate in the site, but choose your subjects wisely. As many of you may recall, I had to eat my own excrement regarding the CA tax information I posted on the Yoli thread. That was not a tasty morsel but it was a great learning experience.

As for the positives, I did enjoy my time here at Scam.com. As with all things in life, you make some good friends along the way and I did just that. It's also a comfort to know that you're in good hands with the more than capable mods like Soapboxmom, Hopeful Cynic, and Bibleman (the voice of reason). Thank you again for your support and I wish you all well.

Originally Posted by MWave
    This isn't about MLM.com, its about you doing your job!

THIS BOARD has rules, too! Either enforce them or resign as moderator and let someone else do the job that will be competent at it!

Len
    - And I did, Len, I did do my job.

Regards,

Tom

So we lose Tom and get stuck with Len? There's something not right about all of this.

I'll miss you Tom but we'll meet up later somewhere else. YTB is dying, but not dead yet!

Your friend, Bruce

Thanks for posting that message from Tom.

I recall on P.47 of the "Has anyone else here tried Yoli?" thread, the conversation going something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by MWave View Post

You want to ban me sooooo badly, don't you? :yelcutelaughA:

Len
    Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post

That's a damn stupid thing to say to a Mod on this forum, asshole. But then you have no respect for yourself, the members here who don't kiss your ass, let alone any of the Mods here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MWave View Post

If you and Tom put your heads together, I'm sure you can find some way to rationalize banning me.

Len
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post

It seems to me that you're asking to be banned or am I misunderstanding that? If we did ban you, you would be off the hook in answering the questions. You want me to ban you sooooo badly, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom View Post

You, Lenny, are why I warn and inform folks about these scummy MLMs. How much lower can you get than pouring gook like that down the throat of babies?

Wouldn't it help you save face if you could get yourself banned and no one could question you about this sleazy deal any further?

Soapboxmom
    So anyways, Lenny ends getting his request granted, and now he's whining all over the internet to anybody that will listen, how unfairly he was treated on this forum!

I too will miss Tom's humor.

Many thanks for posting that, SBM.

I do see Tom's perspective pretty clearly.

A great disappointment, of course.

My thanks as well SBM.
    An explanation is always better than speculation.

If you read this, hope you stop by John's blog from time to time Tom!

Your friend and fellow hater of all things scammy,
    Mike!

:spin2:
    Who's running this popcorn stand anyway? :zx11pissed:

weblet is offline TTA, Old Hen, Dinosaur - apparently clueless trash and filthy pear, too User Rank

Well that just sucks.

:1crysad:
    Ann, CTC
    Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

www.realscam.com. Is it, or isn't it? You decide.

NMH, I can understand your deep irritation, and your concerns about Len's access to the Mod side of things. Completely.

I am very sad to see you gone..

Damn it.