+ Reply to Thread

Designers Call Scam Warning

Designers Call is an interior design company in Los Angeles whos practices follow those of a scam artist. They gave multiple estimate quotes and promised these quotes were standard and part of their pricing structure. We were taken for over $5,000 as we fought the credit companies for weeks on their This is not the first time this has happened and I was notified by one of their previous employees, sara, that this happens often and she has had many complaints. Anyone that is thinking about dealing with this company needs to think twice before they get taken advantage of by Lara Fishman and the Designers Call company.

I would like to know how many others have run into this problem.

Re: Designers Call Scam Warning

Welcome to Scam.com.

Appears to be a dba for storminteriors.com/contact.

Current BBB Report,
    BBB Rating
    A+

Company Profile
    Storm Interiors
    Address:
    1014 Amherst Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90049-5804
    Tel: (310) 487-8359
    Fax: (310) 477-8724

Web Site: http://www.storminteriors.com
    Business Start Date: 1/1/1999
    Company ID: 100019310
    Nature of Business:
    This company's business is providing interior designing.

Complaint Experience
    Our complaint history for this company shows that the one complaint brought to the company’s attention was responded to and given proper consideration.

Complaint Closing Statistics
    The following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:
    No. of Cmpl Type of Response
    0 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
    0 Making a partial refund
    1 Agreeing to perform according to their contract
    0 Refusing to make an adjustment
    0 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
    0 Unanswered
    0 Unassigned
    1 Total

Accreditation
    This company has been accredited since 11/04/2005 and we are satisfied that it honors its commitment. The company has agreed to uphold our accreditation standards, which include a commitment to act in accordance with ethical business practices and to respond to customer complaints.
    You can file a complaint at http://www.la.bbb.org/ComplaintDetai...nyID=100019310.

Per kepler.sos.ca.gov/cbs.aspx,
    Entity Name: STORM INTERIORS, LLC
    Entity Number: 200109610050
    Date Filed: 03/28/2001
    Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
    Entity Address: 1715 18TH ST
    Entity City, State, Zip: SANTA MONICA CA 90404
    Agent for Service of Process: LARA FISHMAN
    Agent Address: 1014 AMHERST AVENUE
    Agent City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90049
    Been in business for over 9 years, a Accredited BBB member for over 4 years, and have had 1 complaint in the last 3 years.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 05-01-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I work for Designers Call and feel as though I need to set the record straight. At Designers Call we DO NOT and CANNOT spend any money without the client's consent.
    As far as the estimates go, yes we often do give several estimates. We meet with our clients several times to ensure they're going to get exactly what they want. As a result of this, sometimes they want to add things to the scope of work --which ultimately raises the estimate.

At the end of the day, once the client is happy with the estimate, a proposal is given and a contract is signed. The proposal lists all the services, items and charges that the project will consist of. This way there are no surprise charges and everything is laid out on the table before any money is spent and any contracts are signed. If the client is happy with the proposal, a contract is signed and we proceed with the project. We NEVER stray from the contract and have enormous client satisfaction.

The previous claim made cannot possibly be based on fact.

For large purchases we only accept checks This way we can ensure no one is taken advantage of and they know what they're paying.

Any complaints we've had in the past have been given immediate consideration and were rectified.

And lastly, we do not have any former employees named Sara.

It is unfortunate that someone felt the need to make this defamatory statement. I am writing this post because I feel as though a false claim, such as the one below, needs an accurate rebuttal.

I'm really surprised by the first review as I have nothing but great things to say about working with Lara and her company. She never made any charges until I approved them and she went above and beyond helping me to design my loft. I get great compliments on the work she's done.

I'm shocked at the first post. The company was amazing to work for. They completely revamped my house and worked within my budget, were super nice and definitely trustworthy. I've referred them to my friends, and they all love Lara.