+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Succeeded in MLM. Please post here.

Anyone who has succeeded in MLM please post here.

Somehow I think this will be a very, very silent thread.

Re: Succeeded in MLM. Please post here.

Watch out. Some one is trying to infect this thread with viruses.

So I am warning you now protect your computers.

I hope, and I really mean hope that I just didn't ruin a lot of computers by making this post.

To all who got the virus by the person who saw this post, and infected your computers, I am deeply, deeply sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    According to many on here I am a blazing success in mlm. After all, I'm earning more than I'm paying for my qualifying product purchase...gosh almighty.

I'll tell you the main problem with mlm in my opinion. It takes personal fortitude, focus, and determination.

At a regular job, you get fired, docked, something for not showing up on time or not doing your job. Can you imagine missing a training session that the corporate president set up and you don't even get a call?

Well in mlm you join a company, you pay some start up fee, you get info on how to start your business....

and....

and...

maybe your upline calls to encourage you.

maybe they call and ask you if you've read the brochure, watched the video, or are ready to be taught to do a presentation...or maybe not.

let's say you have the best upline in the world...they don't have a job and kids and soccer practice and they get right on and train you whenever you are free from your job, your kids, your events..

but it is still upto you...

so my first two encounters I didn't understand...and I didn't do well, I was one of those 97% stats.

the third company I made some money, got a little organization going...but once the money started coming in....got lazy.

fourth company...it has been 30 years since the first... and I'm still learning...

I'm just now starting to learn on the training side, teaching folks to stand on their own two feet and walk in this business. Actually while I am learning myself.
    How do you live with yourself giving people false hope?

I mean really.

I have tried MLM twice in my life. The first time was with a company called NSA back in the early 90's. They sold water filters that were somewhat over priced, but I did manage to move a few and sign a couple of people in my downline. After the purchase of several filters to try and resale and the attempts at recruiting others I ended up loosing a couple hundred dollars.
    I stayed away from MLM until about a year and a half ago when a friend of mine from California introduced me to a company she was involved in. It started pretty slow, but I hung in there and I am currently doing very well. This month has been the best by far. I make more in residuals than my daughter makes working full time at Tractor Supply, and in addition to that my bonuses are sometimes even more than the residuals.
    The way I see it, MLM companies give everyone the same opportunity with the same tools. It is how the individual uses these tools as to whether they are successful or not. MLM does work, because there are some who do very well. Since everyone is given the exact same opportunity then it must be the individual who is at fault if they fail. This is also true with the regular business world as well as most small businesses fail within the first year or two. It's a fact that a majority of the population are not meant to be business owners and there is nothing wrong with this. It is sad that when they do fail for what ever reason they always have someone or something other than themselves to put the blame on.

Wil - I have a question for you. You may give a general answer but please be close. Approximately how much profit do you clear each month from selling the prickly pear juice? Now that's a very simple question that deserves a very simple and honest answer. Why do I just know I'm not going to get a figure? So I'll even rephrase it. Do you make enough where you could sustain yourself without another income?
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
    Wil - I have a question for you. You may give a general answer but please be close. Approximately how much profit do you clear each month from selling the prickly pear juice? Now that's a very simple question that deserves a very simple and honest answer. Why do I just know I'm not going to get a figure? So I'll even rephrase it. Do you make enough where you could sustain yourself without another income?
    You didn't get an answer, just as you predicted. You got some bullshit cop out and some nice hype and advertsing for his crap product instead. Big surprise huh? Obviously, he can't quit his full time job either. The one with a real salary and benefits.

Isn't it marvelous that he is healing the sick and the lame though? lmao I wonder if the blind will be able to see soon as well. In other words, he could work part-time on the weekends as a greeter at WalMart and make the same amount of money.

"a commute to work, soccer and dance with my daughter, scouts with my son, last night a quiddich (sp?) match at school". WTF has that got to do with anythng? Is that germane to the subject or the question asked??? lol
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 04-22-2010 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    You didn't get an answer, just as you predicted. You got some bullshit cop out and some nice hype and advertsing for his crap product instead. Big surprise huh? Obviously, he can't quit his full time job either. The one with a real salary and benefits.

Isn't it marelous that he is healing the sick and the lame though? lmao I wonder if the blind will be able to see soon as well. In other words, he could work part-time on the weekends as a greeter at WalMart and make the same amount of money.

"a commute to work, soccer and dance with my daughter, scouts with my son, last night a quiddich (sp?) match at school". WTF has that got to do with anythng? Is that germane to the subject or the question asked??? lol
    I wonder if janitor boy kerry will let us know how well he is doing?

I'll say one thing at least wil was honest about working a full time job.

I'll give him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I wonder if janitor boy kerry will let us know how well he is doing?

I'll say one thing at least wil was honest about working a full time job.

I'll give him that much.
    He gets zip for me on that on as he has mentioned it before. If he hadn't said anything about that, he would have been called on it. I wonder how he manages to work a full time job when he is posting on here all day, every day. What employer allows that? Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Join Date: 11-17-2009 Total Posts: 1,956 (12.57 posts per day)
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 04-22-2010 at 05:21 AM.

weblet is offline TTA, Old Hen, Dinosaur - apparently clueless trash and filthy pear, too

I think you are aware of the laws and income statements in regards to this business.
    Horse hockey. Continue to hide.
    Ann, CTC
    Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

www.realscam.com. Is it, or isn't it? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by weblet View Post
    Horse hockey. Continue to hide.
    It is also interesting to note that he has no ethical issues with using supposed "testimonies" from users of this crap to skirt the laws regarding false advertising of medical claims. MLMers know every trick in the book and they use them well.

We are simply a group with a desire to do more than watch American Idol or join a bowling league...yeah, we have caught a dream...but it is ours to catch...if you don't like it that is fine, but there really is no reason to bad mouth ours.
    no one is badmouthing MLMers for wanting more or trying to start a business. it's the MLM industry that is the problem....feeding off people desires to want more , prospering from it while those dreamers get very little, nothing, or lose money. you want more from life. GREAT!! more power to you. but if you getting more in life comes at the expense of others trying to get more in life, especially through hype, deciet, etc, then you will find problems from some people.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

But that is just it, it doesn't.
    the MLMers that I come across that are all about the product are far and few between. Good products in MLM are almost non-existent. MLM pricing is usually so far out of line, it's humorous and/or offensive.

when I see you type all the things that you say your customers claim your wonder sludge fixes, i see typical MLM hype. Whether its the product or the opportunity...it always fits right into that too good to be true category.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

What did you read that indicated I give people false hope?
    How about this for starters..

"so my first two encounters I didn't understand...and I didn't do well, I was one of those 97% stats.

the third company I made some money, got a little organization going...but once the money started coming in....got lazy.

fourth company...it has been 30 years since the first... and I'm still learning..."

Just to keep things simple, let's say you recruited 10 people and they recruited a few and so on.

And to follow your example over a period of 30 years jumping from scam to scam...buying starter kits and tools at each stop...and useless autoship products they probably don't even use.

After punching in those numbers in my calculator...it shows a tremendous loss of time and money...not just for you...but all of the minions you had the resposibility for recruiting in each scam.

Of course I bet your MLM calculator will show a nice profit for those who stuck it out and worked the business.

I'm sure you are correct. That those above me, that worked the biz and stuck with it probably did well.

But as for me...recruit 10? and they recruit 10? Oh my do you really believe that?

I haven't recruited 10 in my current one! in 10 years!!
    You still don't get it and probably won't even after another 30 years of mlm brainwashing.

10 was an ARBITRARY number and not meant to be used literally. I could be 2..and so on and you will get the same results. People will still lose sigmificant amounts of time and money chasing mlm scams.

I had a feeling the MLM calculator logic would come out at some point. You guys are so predictable!!!

Since you are still probably stuck on the number "10", I provided some free "tools" for your educational purposes. This is an evaluation of Pre-Paid legal from 2009 by...

Prof. Benjamin Fine – Director
    MS Program in Mathematics
    Department of Mathematics
    Fairfield University

Here is just a small snipet of the report. you can read the rest at your leisure...

http://www.ponzipluspyramidequalspre..._Prof_Fine.pdf

1. Sales Saturation

The amount of agents grows exponentially and quickly and uses up the available population. Further, the amount of people required to be approached to become agents, given even a reasonable probability of a sale, becomes too large. I explain below.

• To earn a profit, disregarding retail sales to Members, which I’ll get into in the next comments, an Associate (sales agent) must recruit at least ten other sales agents. Given the small, almost nonexistent residuals from retail sales, and the high drop rate this is an estimated minimum. If these ten recruit ten agents each, there are 102 or 100 different agents. At level n there are then 10n agents. So, for example, at the fifth level there are already 100,000 agents in a
    single person’s “downline”. In a city like Norwalk, Connecticut, for example, there are only 80,000 people. Given the types of people who are attracted to this “income opportunity,” many would not have the mobility to get out of the immediate area and hence the 100,000 at level 5 has used far more than is possible.

• Historical recruitment data disclosed in SEC filings indicate that are as many as 1.5 million Associates, current and resigned. If they had stayed with the company they would have had to recruit 10 each, for 16 million agents. At the next level there would 160 million Associates, or over one half of the US population. There is no possibility that there would 160 million PPD Associates in the US.

• The mathematical limits imposed on the program must, therefore, produce high “dropout rates” regardless of effort, talent, or any other personal or market factors. This is to say: failure of the vast majority is mathematically mandated.

That real math really sucks, doesn't it!

Also, before you go into the tens of this and hundreds of thousands of this... blah, blah, blah...and try to expalin how you are unique and are only seeking to do business with a few serious people...instead of hundereds of thousands.

The beautiful thing about real math is you can substitute ANY number above "1" in the forumula above, you will get the same aggregate results. Isn't real math amazing?
    Last edited by James R; 04-22-2010 at 11:46 AM.

I think you are aware of the laws and income statements in regards to this business.
    There is a big difference between "claims" and actual earnings. So since you eventually posted your earnings, I applaud you for that. My question was answered to my satisfaction. Thank you because that is very unusual on this site.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.