+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Impossible Hamster

There's a serious problem when almost all of our economic and political policies are based on a system which has no consideration for finite resources. Peak oil comes to mind.

Re: The Impossible Hamster

the answer is population reduction. we all know people that need to go. one of my coworkers suggested that every person should be required to submit an essay with their tax return justifying their own existance.

my plan to ease prison over-crowding:

once a month all the prisoners and guards would vote on who was the meanest, baddest criminal in the prison. the winner would immediately be taken out and shot. sorry, nothing personal, we need the beds and we can't raise taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital...ublic_of_China

The People's Republic of China executes more people annually than any other nation[citation needed], although other countries (such as Iran or Singapore) have higher execution rates per capita.

as for oil? the problem now is: pelosi won't let us drill. we don't know what production is possible. nobody can get a permit to drill. there isn't yet a shortage of oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil
    Last edited by mumbles; 04-19-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Just about any problem in the world today can at least somewhat truthfully be blamed on overpopulation. Unfortunately no one has a good answer for resolving the issue and no one pretends to.

in india and china they have ultrasound clinics on every corner where women can find out if their child is another useless female so it can be aborted, not wasting the world's resources.

in islamic countries women aren't allowed to drive. this saves lots of gasoline and money.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    in india and china they have ultrasound clinics on every corner where women can find out if their child is another useless female so it can be aborted, not wasting the world's resources.

in islamic countries women aren't allowed to drive. this saves lots of gasoline and money.
    Your absolutly right we should just fallow the worst human rights abuses in the world It's all good. :rotz:

Afterall muslim women not working doesn't half there economic output. Ever wonder why first world nations double there output?
    Last edited by Spector567; 04-20-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    the answer is population reduction. we all know people that need to go.
    Um. No I dont?

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles
    What a disgusting thing to say.

This is why people have no respect for you, mumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Zirconia View Post

No, that's just one of the reasons.

Sorry, I thought this thread was going to somehow be about Richard Gere. Never mind.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

This is starting to get off track.
    Well... kind of.
    It kills me on the inside to say this but, as brutal and horrible as some of these "population control" measures may be... they do work (whether intentionally or not). The femicide in China, India and the Middle East is going to lead to a gross surplus of single males in society, which will spiral down into a sex-craized murder fest in order to get the few women who are available. Sex and Money are the best things to convince someone to kill someone else... well and religion too but lets not get into that.
    So in a culture which promotes femicide, you get men who kill each other (which reduces the population), fewer women produce fewer children (slowing population growth), and of those fewer children fewer still grow up to be women, and the cycle continues.

Horrible? Absolutely, and I'm convinced there are better ways to deal with the population issue. It has to be said though, this is probably how things will end up boiling down no matter how badly everyone objects to it.

an increase in large scale natural disasters should do the job!? dont mess with mother nature!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    an increase in large scale natural disasters should do the job!? dont mess with mother nature!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Yeah that definitely would work. A sweep of drug-resistant bubonic plague would certainly do the trick.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    Well then!...We're in luck!

According to David Been-Anal (don't forget to ready Beyond Babbling)...we're headed for a smiting(sp?) of biblical proportions!

It's either going to happen in 2012 or within the next 1000 years. (just covering bases here)
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Zirconia View Post

I can't help but laugh..you have to see some humor in that statment:spin2:
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

http://www.ge.com/citizenship/news_f...roduct_use.jsp

Background to Ultrasound Misuse in India
    The misuse of ultrasound to facilitate female feticide in India has arisen despite government legislation and action. While the exact scale of the challenge in India — in terms of the numbers or statistics on female feticide — is unclear and contentious, reports suggest that this is a societal problem that is on the rise. Although the spread of ultrasound technology is not the root cause of increased reports of female feticide, the compact, portable and relatively low-cost nature of this technology does increase the complexity of administratively overseeing and prosecuting medical practitioners, companies or other individuals that misuse the technology to assist in sex-selective abortions.

GE Healthcare, which had the benefit of experience addressing similar issues in China, worked with GE Healthcare India to increase awareness of the human rights issues at stake. Primarily, how should GE consider various human rights while still respecting cultural differences?

The selective abortion of female fetuses violates human rights protections against practices and customs based on prejudices against women. Given the multiple uses for ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology, restricting access to the technology would conflict with the human rights goal of reaching the highest standards of health. In addition, while sex-selective abortion is technically illegal in India, there is evidence that non-compliant or unscrupulous practitioners still perform sex-selective abortions, sometimes outside of a hospital or through procedures that are performed by an unlicensed practitioner, putting a mother’s health at risk, if not their lives. There is also concern that women may be forced to undergo coercive abortions when they do not share the discriminatory views of their families or communities.
    translated: sold portable ultrasound machines like hotcakes, knowing what they were used for.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010/...-overseas.html

General Electric got bailed out by American taxpayers.

Specifically, it was given $139 billion in FDIC guarantees and support by the Federal Reserve for it’s commercial paper (see this).

So you’d think that GE would return the favor by paying American taxes, right?

Wrong. GE paid no U.S. taxes for 2009.

As CNN points out:

GE had plenty of earnings last year — just not in the United States. For tax purposes, the company’s U.S. operations lost $408 million, while its international businesses netted a $10.8 billion profit.

The Washington Post notes:

About two-thirds of corporations operating in the United States did not pay taxes annually from 1998 to 2005, according to a new report scheduled to be made public today from the U.S. Government Accountability Office…

In 2005, about 28 percent of large corporations paid no taxes…

Dorgan and Sen. Carl M. Levin (D-Mich.) requested the report out of concern that some corporations were using “transfer pricing” to reduce their tax bills. The practice allows multi-national companies to transfer goods and assets between internal divisions so they can record income in a jurisdiction with low tax rates…

Last edited by mumbles; 04-21-2010 at 03:12 PM.

The subject of this thread has nothing to do with abortions, mumbles.

Didn't you read anything at the impossible hamster website?

It never mentions abortions. So why do you keep bringing it up?

Apparently the thought of females getting killed gets you so excited that you can't control yourself.

Here's the thing, mumbles . . . even if the world's population stayed the same, we're still going to be using up oil. We're currently at or near peak oil.

Global warming is another problem that our planet is going through . . . and it's going to get worse in the future.

The website does mention this, but it's obvious you're not concerned about it.
    Last edited by Barbie Zirconia; 04-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.