+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting

I would like to get the opinion from members of this forum on hunting hogs with dogs. It is perfectly legal here in Florida to hunt hogs with dogs.

Here is a link to a hunt where the hunter uses a knife to kill the hog, not recommended by me as Hogs can severely injure a person with their tusks.

http://www.liveleak.com /view?i=28d_1238402169

Now for those not familiar with the States. Hogs are a huge problem. They destroy habitat and compete with the deer etc for food.

I gun hunt, I don't use a cross bow as they are very tough and a bolt doesn't kill them right away, unless you get a good lung heart shot.

So members what's you opinion and for those overseas, do you have hog problems too?
    I swear by my life and my love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for me.
    John Galt

Re: Hog Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by SnappyDan View Post
    I would like to get the opinion from members of this forum on hunting hogs with dogs. It is perfectly legal here in Florida to hunt hogs with dogs.

Here is a link to a hunt where the hunter uses a knife to kill the hog, not recommended by me as Hogs can severely injure a person with their tusks.

http://www.liveleak.com /view?i=28d_1238402169

Now for those not familiar with the States. Hogs are a huge problem. They destroy habitat and compete with the deer etc for food.

I gun hunt, I don't use a cross bow as they are very tough and a bolt doesn't kill them right away, unless you get a good lung heart shot.

So members what's you opinion and for those overseas, do you have hog problems too?
    No hog hunting here in Wyoming that I know of. Just bear, cat, elk, moose and wolf along with some game birds.

What do you use for hunting? Rifles with or without optics? I would like to buy good optics for hunting. Where to find high-quality goods?

Good afternoon. My father is a hunter and fisherman. Thanks to his passion we always have fresh meat, poultry and fish in our family. But it should be noted that for hunting boar you need to have a certain tactics and it is best to do it at night. Just view source to choose a quality device for night vision. Good luck!

Well, everyone have right to live his life but hunting hogs with dogs is not an issue, i think.