+ Reply to Thread

McDonalds Drive Through Scam

Almost every time I visit the drive through at McDonalda, I am asked to pull forward to a parking spot -- EVEN WHEN NO OTHER CAR OR CUSTOMER IS BEHIND ME. I understand the need to help as many customers as possible as quickly as possibe. But it sems like terrible customer service to force a drive-through customer to a parking space just because workers are "on a timer". When I am asked to park and no car is behind me in the drive-through, I politely ask if I can stay at the window until anoter car arrives. The answers are always rude and always the same -- "NO! I am on a timer! I NEED YOU TO GO AND PARK NOW!" As a result, I visit McDonalds less and less -- even during off hours and slow times -- since the demand that I "pull forward and park" occurs even more frequently during slow times. My typical order is for a Classic grilled chicken sandwich plain with tomato only. Apparently a very difficult task for McDonalds.

Re: McDonalds Drive Through Scam

WOW---YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE::judges::zx11pissed:

LOL SERIOUSLY:1crysad:
    STOP WHINING
    THEY MAKE MINIMUM WAGE
    AND THAT JOB SUCKS AS IT IS
    I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE LONG AGO

People who regularly eat at McDonald's are either children who want their toys or losers. It takes 15 minutes to make decent sandwich at home or pay couple more bucks and buy freshly made sandwich in supermarket/deli.

It's not just Mcdonalds. Other places do it too. What is going on is that there is a timer and I guess by having you move forward before the timer goes off it looks good for them. Because it looks like they served you when you pull forward. Next time take your time or do what my husband does and pulled way forward and make them walk far to get to your car.

If you'd like this to stop, you need to contact McDonalds corporate office. A friend of mine did this because a local McDonalds started charging extra for dipping sauces... he expected to hear nothing, but they contacted him saying it had been dealt with, because it was against their policy to sell any condiments, and he was given a bunch of gift certificates in consolation.

These guys are just trying to cheat the system in place to combat poor service. Sure, they're just minimum wage workers, but right now there's probably people with Bachelor's Degrees lining up to take their minimum wage jobs from them.

Quote Originally Posted by agentcow007 View Post
    If you'd like this to stop, you need to contact McDonalds corporate office. A friend of mine did this because a local McDonalds started charging extra for dipping sauces... he expected to hear nothing, but they contacted him saying it had been dealt with, because it was against their policy to sell any condiments, and he was given a bunch of gift certificates in consolation.

These guys are just trying to cheat the system in place to combat poor service. Sure, they're just minimum wage workers, but right now there's probably people with Bachelor's Degrees lining up to take their minimum wage jobs from them.
    Wow they sell the condiments here also and I have seen it at many places. I always though it was standard policy.