+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Judas in Heaven?

I didn't post this in religious scams because this is not a scam just a question.

I am not religious though the story of Judas is interesting.

I mean without Judas betrayal, would Jesus have been killed?
    Maybe, maybe not.

According to the story jesus died for our sins. How could of this happened without the betrayal of Judas?

I have often wondered was he acting of his own freewill, or did he have no free will what so ever.

If he had no free will, then he should be in heaven right?

Here is a link that suggests he had free will, sort of.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Judas-betray-Jesus.html

My feeling is from reading the bible at times that he did not have freewill, but was directed by god to do what he did.

So is Judas in heaven?

Re: Is Judas in Heaven?

I'd say he's in heaven. I mean, would your boss fire you for doing what you were suppose to do? Wait... bad example. :D

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    I'd say he's in heaven. I mean, would your boss fire you for doing what you were suppose to do? Wait... bad example. :D
    I'm guessing getting fired by god might not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I'm guessing getting fired by god might not be good.
    You'd have to ask ole Lucy about that one.

If God is as all forgiving as they say he is then we all go to heaven.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 04-19-2010 at 05:05 AM.

But I have had a few tell me to go someplace else before. Can't imagine why. :spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    I'm with you, and Jesus told him to go and do what he must do...

Now if you want to read the supposed Judas side of the whole story...pick up 'The Gospel of Judas'
    And the only real way to find out if he is there is to go there and see for yourself I guess.

Read the Gospel of Judas.

Jesus and him were best friends.

Judas had 'the light' in him, meaning 'HE GOT IT'.

He was way ahead of the other apostles spiritually.

Jesus basically told him it was his destiny to betray him and he HAD to do it. Judas didn't want to but understood and did it anyway.

So yes he is in heaven.

Howdy that link you posted is completely OFF TARGET.

Read this for the counter arguement
    Last edited by Administrator; 04-19-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post

Jesus basically told him it was his destiny to betray him and he HAD to do it. Judas didn't want to but understood and did it anyway.

So yes he is in heaven.

The reason I posted that link was to show the opposite point of view.

That link was trying to make the point he had freewill, but was betraying Jesus. I did say however that I thought god was directing him. I thought it made sense to post a link that went against the argument I was making. Only trying to add to the argument.

I will check out the link you provided, and thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post

So yes he is in heaven.

I saw the history channel show about them. That's how I've always viualised Jesus. Laughing and joking and pretty much enjoying life while doing what he was here to do. He's always portrayed as a such a serious and solemn person. I just don't believe that's how someone who knew what he knew would be.

I saw the history channel show about them. That's how I've always viualised Jesus. Laughing and joking and pretty much enjoying life while doing what he was here to do. He's always portrayed as a such a serious and solemn person. I just don't believe that's how someone who knew what he knew would be.
    I agree. Though if you watch the passion of the christ movie, or what I call the jesus christ massacre.

That movie portrays Judas in a real bad light.

Without Judas how would of jesus died for our sins?

Note: I enjoy talking about the bible, I don't believe it.

I do enjoy talking about it.

I agree. Though if you watch the passion of the christ movie, or what I call the jesus christ massacre.

That movie portrays Judas in a real bad light.

Without Judas how would of jesus died for our sins?

Note: I enjoy talking about the bible, I don't believe it.

I do enjoy talking about it.
    Passion of Christ was just a person's, or a few people's interpritation. We have no way to know for sure. That's why they call it having faith instead of having knowledge.

Passion of Christ was just a person's, or a few people's interpritation. We have no way to know for sure. That's why they call it having faith instead of having knowledge.
    I believe we would act the same way we do with or without religion for the most part. I know religious extremism causes people to do terrible things. Though that is a small percentage of the population. I think for the most part with or without religion, most people would be the same they are today.

There is a small percentage of jerks, and a large majority of good decent people.

Though it's that small percentage of jerks that screws everything up for the rest of us.

To me faith really does not matter. What matters is what is in your heart.

A smile and a wave goes a long way. Taking the time to talk to someone when they are down. Helping someone when they have no where else to turn. Those things don't take faith.

They take a kind heart.

It's the person you are, and maybe faith got you to where you are or you think so.

The person you are today would be the same person you are today with or without faith.

I wonder does a stunt person have faith?

Of course faith in his/hers ability.

Faith in god to keep them safe while doing all kinds of dangerous stunts.

I doubt it.
    Last edited by howdy; 04-19-2010 at 11:35 PM.

I believe we would act the same way we do with or without religion for the most part. I know religious extremism causes people to do terrible things. Though that is a small percentage of the population. I think for the most part with or without religion, most people would be the same they are today.

There is a small percentage of jerks, and a large majority of good decent people.

Though it's that small percentage of jerks that screws everything up for the rest of us.

To me faith really does not matter. What matters is what is in your heart.

A smile and a wave goes a long way. Taking the time to talk to someone when they are down. Helping someone when they have no where else to turn. Those things don't take faith.

They take a kind heart.

It's the person you are, and maybe faith got you to where you are or you think so.

The person you are today would be the same person you are today with or without faith.

I wonder does a stunt person have faith?

Of course faith in his/hers ability.

Faith in god to keep them safe while doing all kinds of dangerous stunts.

I doubt it.
    Faith is a personal decision, which is why I don't buy into the idea that the only good people in the world are those who believe in God. It's not my job to judge anybody about their faith or lack of it, or anything else. I just try to get through life doing what I think is right. I don't want to shove my beliefs down anybody elses throat and I don't want theirs shoved down mine.

I really think all the bickoring and arguments that go back and forth between people that believe in God and those that don't has more to do with people's need to always be in sombody's buisness then it has anything to do with what they believe.

Take a look in the religious forum, why can't the atheist quit posting about there is no God? Cause they always got to be in somebody's buisness.

Why do a lot of christians have to keep posting about there is a God? Cause they always got to be in somebody's buisness.

I try not to shove my belief in God down someones throat, but I'm not going to hide it either. And if somebody asks why I believe or what I believe, then I'll answer. Ask me why or how God did the things I believe he did, I'll answer best I can or try to tell them where to find out cause I don't know.

I just find it impossible to believe that a bunch of particals that have no explination of how they came to be, bounced into and off of each other to create an explotion that created everything that's in the universe.

On the other hand, I don't believe God just said let there be a universe, let there be Earth, and poof there was a man and a woman either. It's just like politics and any other thing in human life. You got the left, and you have the right, and niether one will come together long enough to stroke the truth.
    Last edited by carolinahound; 04-20-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Faith is a personal decision, which is why I don't buy into the idea that the only good people in the world are those who believe in God. It's not my job to judge anybody about their faith or lack of it, or anything else. I just try to get through life doing what I think is right. I don't want to shove my beliefs down anybody elses throat and I don't want theirs shoved down mine.

I really think all the bickoring and arguments that go back and forth between people that believe in God and those that don't has more to do with people's need to always be in sombody's buisness then it has anything to do with what they believe.

Take a look in the religious forum, why can't the atheist quit posting about there is no God? Cause they always got to be in somebody's buisness.

Why do a lot of christians have to keep posting about there is a God? Cause they always got to be in somebody's buisness.

I try not to shove my belief in God down someones throat, but I'm not going to hide it either. And if somebody asks why I believe or what I believe, then I'll answer. Ask me why or how God did the things I believe he did, I'll answer best I can or try to tell them where to find out cause I don't know.

I just find it impossible to believe that a bunch of particals that have no explination of how they came to be, bounced into and off of each other to create an explotion that created everything that's in the universe.

On the other hand, I don't believe God just said let there be a universe, let there be Earth, and poof there was a man and a woman either. It's just like politics and any other thing in human life. You got the left, and you have the right, and niether one will come together long enough to stroke the truth.
    You have a good way of looking at things. Great post.

You have a good way of looking at things. Great post.
    Thank you.

17. 04-20-2010, 05:16 AM