+ Reply to Thread

$5.00 check from Centerra Wine Company?

today in the mail i got a $5.00 check from Centerra Wine Company- p.o. box 2300 Young America, MN 55553-2300. the only text is says i "Thank you for your purchase of Hardy's Wine Box".

These are the reasona why i'm weary of this:

-i don't drink, and never have
    -i have never heard of Centerra Wine Company
    -I have never bought a box of wine EVER, let along a Hardy's Wine Box
    -it didn't come in an envelope, it's a post card sized check with a presorted first class mail box printed in the upper right hand side.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. 04-12-2010, 05:02 PM

Reason
    rethinking response

Re: $5.00 check from Centerra Wine Company?

The check is almost certainly valid. Young America is a major processing center for rebate redemptions. Probably just addressed wrong.
    Does it have your name on it, correctly spelled? Then you have two choices. Cash it, and give the finn to charity, or toss it in recycle. If the name on it is even slightly different, write on the address side"return to sender - unknown at this address" and leave for your mailman to pickup .

Final note: could you have sent in for a rebate on some other purchase entirely? These processing centers handle hundreds of different companies from the same building, through the same computer servers; it's entirely possible you put in for a rebate on a Waring blender, and a data entry clerk hit a few wrong buttons and entered your data for the wine rebate instead.
    Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
    The check is almost certainly valid. Young America is a major processing center for rebate redemptions. Probably just addressed wrong.
    Does it have your name on it, correctly spelled? Then you have two choices. Cash it, and give the finn to charity, or toss it in recycle. If the name on it is even slightly different, write on the address side"return to sender - unknown at this address" and leave for your mailman to pickup .

Final note: could you have sent in for a rebate on some other purchase entirely? These processing centers handle hundreds of different companies from the same building, through the same computer servers; it's entirely possible you put in for a rebate on a Waring blender, and a data entry clerk hit a few wrong buttons and entered your data for the wine rebate instead.
    thanks for the reply. It's my name and address, completely correct. And no, i haven't sent in for any rebates. i'm thinking about calling them and asking.

Could also be that a relative sent it in for you. Since you are limited to one rebate per household, maybe a friend or relative wanted you to have $5.00. Do you know anyone that drinks wine or had a party with wine?