+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scam or not

scam or not

has anyone heard of this site dataprocessors.org. if yes is this a legit program or scam,

Re: scam or not

Use the "search" function - there are some references to this.
    My advice is "Keep your money, honey" - until you have the answers. Keep in mind that you don't actually "know" anyone on the internet. Taking advice from annonymous people (strangers) is really risky. If I told you "this is great - I made $500. in ONE DAY", would you send me $29.95? (if your answer is yes I'll message you my address) If I said - "Stay away, girlfriend - they took me for $250 and they are billing $29.95 to my visa card every month - would you believe me? The bottom line is common sense - Does $500/day make sense to you?
    There's a very good reason your mother warned you "not to talk to strangers" - listen to your mother...............

thats some good advice, appreciate it.

Hmmmm - I think my response sounds a little condescending - I apologize - it was not intended. What, about "this program", appealed to you?

linda49,

your response was not condescensing all at. in fact it made good sense. i am
    desperately looking for ways to make money. i am in so much debt, rents due and the list just goes on and on. so my reason for looking at this particular biz was to try and make some money, thats all.

female38

Sounds like time is critical - you need money right away? I know the feeling all too well. None of the "programs" - in spite of their claims - will payout quickly, if they ever do at all. It may not be "down your alley" but I would suggest (since you are young and female) a part time job in a pub. Tips are cash every night - wages on payday. Ask, at the interview, if they have "manditory tip sharing" - if the answer is yes, just walk away. Pick a place that's clean with good traffic. Don't underestimate yourself - even if this isn't for you - there's a job just crying for someone like you.

i join dataprocessors.org in jan 22,2008.i became a goldmember in jan 28,08.you have to be a goldmember for 60 days.i was suppose to get paid march 28.2008 in my paypal account .i have not recive not one penny.they won't answer my emails and i email them 4 times.they even stop sending me assments,which i was not going to do.i just want to warn people this is a scam-scam.so beware.

Quote Originally Posted by female38 View Post
    has anyone heard of this site dataprocessors.org. if yes is this a legit program or scam,
    When will I be paid?

Free members are paid 60 days after they have earned $100 (not 60 days after you join). So if your account reaches $100 in the month of February, then you will receive your first payment by April. Here is the payment schedule for free members:

Come on do you really want to join something that holds your money for 3 months? and you need to make $100 first? Not to mention how many other companies will have already bought your email address from these people. This is officially stamped with the word:

SCAM

Okay, I'm gonna have to post in defense of this site. I have emailed the admin with concerns after reading all of the negative reviews and now I would like to share their side of the story. Here is the reply they sent me:

"Hello,

It is so sad that people have to put up lies about us. If someone is not
    getting paid, it is because they didn't read our terms about when they
    were going to get paid, and they were expecting payment immediately, or
    expecting a reply immediately. Although we make every effort to answer
    all replies in a timely manner, we have always answered all emails
    within 24 hours.

All of the complaints that we receive are the same. Either some one was
    expecting to get paid before there date or expecting an instant
    response. The sad thing is that they are so quick to go and post
    something bad before they even read the terms, but all of the people who
    get paid never mention a thing.

If you are at all unhappy with our program, you may cancel your account
    and receive a full refund at any time. All you have to do is let us
    know. We do not want you to feel obligated to our company at all. If you
    ever want to cancel your account and receive a full refund just let us know.

Thank you,
    Tori
    Data Processors"

So there you have it. They DO pay and they DO answer emails. A common problem is that people don't follow instructions. For example, you have to put their email address in your safe list so that your email filter doesn't think it is junk mail. Also, you need to follow the instructions for each site that review. Sometimes the requirements are different. I just started with them, and everything is going smoothly. Each and every one of my emails that I have sent to them has been answered within hours, sometimes even within minutes. Once I reach payout I will request my payment. I'll let you all know if I actually receive it.

Questions.

After longing for their message, I finally received an email from dataprocessors.org.

They are saying that I have to send w-9 form in order to process the check which is ready to send. I am leanning towards NOT to send this w-9 form because I don't want to give out my SSN number.

Is there anyone who received the similar email? Did you send the form to Dataprocessors? which is at Citrus Heights?...

My last questions... Did anyone receive the check or money from dataprocessors?...

I got the same email wanting me to send this company personal info. I too am very reluctant to send this info to them. They have not paid me a dime! And now all of a sudden they want a W-9? They don't send me any assignments and they don't answer my emails either! So at this point I will not be sending personal info to them.

Well I do know that sometimes you have to send certain GPT sites a w-9 if you make over 600 dollars and they are most definetly legit sites. This one ooks promising I decided to do a search to see if anyone has received payment from them yet, but all of the review are mixed. I tend to be a little skeptical about what some people say simply because I had sucess with a site that i referred a friend to and when she didnt achieve the exact same results she started calling it a scam, even though I've already recieved money from them -rolls eyes- lol but Im going to buy a debit card and load the money needed onto there just to be safe and not use my actual credit card, if it's legit then the one time fee of around 30 dollars is a great investment cause of the fact that you could possibly make 300 to 600 a month, sounds reasonable. They've also changed alot of things on the site, like how you're paid and such. No mean to ramble lol but to the person that made the comment about holding you first payment for 60 days, is certainly not a reason to run away, other things sure but not that alone, some GPT sites that I recieve pay from regularly can hold your check 45-60 days sometimes, if someone has gotten paid from this company I'd really appreciate the heads up, I'm not going to refer anybody to this program untill i get some more positive feedback...or my first check whichever comes first lol

Did a quick look-up of the WhoIs info.

WhoIs for Dataprocessors.org shows,
    Domain ID:D107694604-LROR
    Domain Name:DATAPROCESSORS.ORG
    Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
    Registrant ID:tuyFlWQp1caIdPFB
    Registrant Name:Data Processors
    Registrant Organization:N/A
    Registrant Street1:Sacramento
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Sacramento
    Registrant State/Province:CA
    Registrant Postal Code:95873
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.2062031718
    Created: 2005-10-04
    Expires: 2008-10-04

IP Address: 76.12.88.77
    IP Location United States - United States - Hostmysite
    Reverse IP: 2 other sites hosted on this server.
    The info is not complete as a full address is not given and I believe that is a violation of ICANN regulations, the website could be suspended for that. The phone number, 2062031718, per Whitepages.com shows,
    (206) 203-1718 is Unpublished or Unavailable
    Type: Land Line
    Provider: International Telcom, Ltd
    I also cannot locate a BBB file using either the URL or the above phone number. I also cannot find any type of business registration with the California Secretary of State. Then again the info for doing a search is rather limited.

I also noticed a link to betterworkathomebusinessbureau.com, that link goes to their 'Contact Us' page. They give no actual address and the WhoIs info gives,
    Domain name: BETTERWORKATHOMEBUSINESSBUREAU.COM
    Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 28-Apr-2008.
    Record expires on 28-Apr-2009.
    Record created on 28-Apr-2008.

Registrant:
    Better Work At Home Business Bureau
    United States Of America
    America, US 00000
    US
    +1.9162004272

IP Address: 76.12.88.77
    IP Location United States - United States - Hostmysite
    Reverse IP: 2 other sites hosted on this server.
    Again, no actual address is given and per the WhoIs the site just went up a few weeks ago. Plus, the two sites are hosted on the same server. Also, the phone number, 9162004272, comes back at Whitepages.com as,
    (916) 200-4272 is Unpublished or Unavailable
    Type: Land Line
    Provider: Allegiance Telecom, Inc
    BOLD text added by me to highlight relative information.

Since both of these websites are on the same server then it is a good bet that the are owned by the same people. Also, if you look at the Better Work At Home Bureau's 'Approved Programs' list and their 'Scam Programs' list your notice that "Project Payday' appears on both of them.

Does anyone have a mailing address for these guys?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by female38 View Post
    linda49,

your response was not condescensing all at. in fact it made good sense. i am
    desperately looking for ways to make money. i am in so much debt, rents due and the list just goes on and on. so my reason for looking at this particular biz was to try and make some money, thats all.

female38
    Linda

Looks like you are in trouble. I will not talk you into any payed stuff, even if I know some real good ones (no data or payed survey bull) but they ask some small invest and some time.

What I always offer in your case is, if you have time and money and a computer, write PAYED ARTICLES for Internet Marketers if you are a good writer.
    A Article cost around 5.-, so if you are good in this you can rake out 10 Articles a day and earn 50.-, working at home.

I know, this is not the kind of money you need right now, but this is solid stuff and you have not to invest a dime.

Just Google for Article directories, payed articles etc. and you will find places where you can offer such services.

There is a huge amount of NOT english savy people who ar elooking for this. You as well can make other easy stuff and I recommend you sign up to the list of a friend of mine from the Wealthy Affiliate University.

http://bummarketingmethod.com

Thats all FREE, the tips you get and the technique he explains. You will have to get a affiliate at some program to have something to sell (as well free) and then sell it over article marketing. You will get all in the course.

And this really works. I know people that make a few hundred bucks a day with this, no kidding.

try it, you wont regret it.

And if oyu liked my tip, visit my websites below and recommend me to your friends:crazy1:, haha, just joking

G.
    Personal invitation for 10 days FREE at Wealthy Affiliate. Limited time full access WITHOUT paying a Cent Read first a Review HERE

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

DO NOT JOIN THIS PROGRAM.

Like kevinm1278 states in this thread, everything went smooth with me also in the beginning, they answered my emails quick and good.
    Than they asked for a W-9. Which me being stupid off course sent it to them. I have not received on reply to about 20 emails I have sent the last 3 weeks. I was supposed to get paid 2 weeks ago. They say it takes 7-14 days to process this W-9, fine, could be true but what's up with ignoring my questions?

I finally got so mad I sent them this last email:

Due to the failure of your correspondences and failure to pay I have to
    > take further action.
    > I have research the internet and have come a crossed many unsatisfied
    > clients/workers of your services.
    > I'm in the midst of contacting all of these people to get the money we
    > have earned with your company.
    > I have all ready collected over 50 signatures/addresses of people being
    > screwed by you guys or similar project related to your site.
    > These 50 have agreed to chip in to fund for a detailed investigation and
    > about your company and lawyer support to receive their well deserved
    > money earned.
    > I'm still collecting more every day. I advise you pay me my money
    > through paypal (NOT CHECK, because I know they can bounce on us very
    > easily trying to shut us up). It's not going to work. You either pay us
    > our money or you are getting sued, PERIOD. I want my money through
    > paypal so I know I received the funds legit.
    > Do not think we will not go through with this action, our lawyer is very
    > confident to win our case with you. Private investigators have found
    > the required information to get your ass sued.
    >
    > Unless we do not get paid this lawsuit will accumulate into a bad
    > situation for your company.
    >
    > Kind Regards,

I FINALLY RECEIVED A REPLY FROM THEM:

In order for you to be able to sue someone, they would have to be
    located in the USA. You can't someone who lives in a different country.

That's it? That's your reply to that email? Not something like, I'm sorry for the delay or I'll be sending your payment? No, they sent me this.

So, Kevin1278, I hope you have not paid for this service yet because it's a down right SCAM.
    I will be posting this all over the net, even if they can't be sued, that's fine but everybody will know what kind of site this is.

Hopefully people will listen. I have no reason to lie about it. I'm looking for real work just as hard as others. Usually I see through them but with being financially in a bind these days I gave it a shot. I'm sure more people are in this situation, desperately to find something on the net.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH THESE PEOPLE.

In order for you to be able to sue someone, they would have to be
    located in the USA. You can't someone who lives in a different country.

That's it? That's your reply to that email? Not something like, I'm sorry for the delay or I'll be sending your payment? No, they sent me this.

=o WHAT???!? wooow lmao that is so rude, I am glad I changed my mind after all that, not only does that scream scam, but it also sounds like something a 15yr old would say SMH well thanks for that heads up! I remember before they changed their system they had a referral program going on, so not only do they screw you, invite your friends so we can screw them too...ugh