+ Reply to Thread

Can There Be A Fellowship Of Christians And Jews?

Inspiration Network, run by Morris Cerullo's son David, seems to continuously run a program called "Fellowship of Christians and Jews." Morris Cerullo claims to have been a Jewish orphan who converted to Christianity as a child. We now know that Morris has become a millionaire in the many years of his "ministry." And now his son David seems to be more a Jew than a Christian.

This program, "Fellowship of Christians and Jews," aired over and over again on the Inspiration Network is produced by a Rabbi named Yekhiel Eckstein. This guy doesn't claim to be a Christian Jew, he's just a plain old Jew. He admitted on one of his programs that he considers the Old Testament to not be just one testament but to be the entire Bible. So he's basically calling Jesus Christ a fraud. So I'm wondering how you can have a fellowship between unbelieving Jews and Christians, and how you can air his kind of preaching over and over on a supposedly Christian network.

We see nothing of this kind of thing in the New Testament. Most of the early church were converted Jews and they preached to the Jews first. But if they didn't believe they moved on and preached to others. They didn't form a "fellowship" with the unbelieving Jews.

14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
    16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
    18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 14-18.

Christians are not to show partiality to the Jews over any other group of unbelievers. Those who show partiality "commit sin" and those who commit sin are "of the devil." James 2:9. 1 John 3:8. My friends, Jesus Christ predicted that tares would be sown among the wheat and at the time of His coming those tares will first be cast into hell by angels and then the wheat gathered into the barn. Judgment must start in the house of the Lord.

Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies and made desolate, which corresponds today to church leadership, which by and large today, with a few exceptions, is a mess of apostasy. But they don't think so. Their attitude is "We're rich and increased in goods and have need of nothing." Many of them think they are great apostles or prophets, but Jesus Christ is going to tell them "I know you not" or "I never knew you. Depart from me ye that work iniquity." The Bible tells us to "examine ourselves, to see if we be in the faith." We need to do that and then repent in sackcloth and ashes.

Re: Can There Be A Fellowship Of Christians And Je

Not possible.

Jews will never accept the Christian Jesus, the son of God, because they expect their Messiah to come.

Christians cannot cope with Jesus as God and not His son. therefore, they'll always remain unbelievers of Jesus as God.

In one case, Jews will never accept the Christian Jesus. In the other case, both Jews and Christians will never accept Jesus as the Lord God.
    Last edited by Cnance; 04-05-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Well there are jews who are now converted to Christianity. But i think a big percentage still remain to be solid jews. I don't agree that two parties can be joined together because the belief is totally different. But i do believe however that we Christians should reach out to those people and show them the kind of love and compassion that Jesus Christ has shown. In that way, we can minister to the jews and share to them the Good News of Salvation that can only be found in Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by pattydear View Post
    Well there are jews who are now converted to Christianity. But i think a big percentage still remain to be solid jews. I don't agree that two parties can be joined together because the belief is totally different. But i do believe however that we Christians should reach out to those people and show them the kind of love and compassion that Jesus Christ has shown. In that way, we can minister to the jews and share to them the Good News of Salvation that can only be found in Jesus Christ.
    Oh brother, just what every Jew needs......another Christian judging him and telling him his religion and beliefs are shit and only the Christians are right. What a crock of crap. How about you let others believe what they want to and accept and love them just the way they are for a change? How intolerant of you, typical and intolerant.
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 04-20-2010 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Not possible.

Jews will never accept the Christian Jesus, the son of God, because they expect their Messiah to come.

Christians cannot cope with Jesus as God and not His son. therefore, they'll always remain unbelievers of Jesus as God.

In one case, Jews will never accept the Christian Jesus. In the other case, both Jews and Christians will never accept Jesus as the Lord God.
    Umm. Christians who don't accept Jesus as Lord God aren't Christians. I'm not saying that they are damaged goods or that they may not even be correct. They just do not fit the single most important criterion that defines a Christian:The Trinity-The Father is God, The Son is God, The Holy Spirit is God. God is the Father, God is the Son and God is The Holy Spirit. And you can see below what is and is not, according to the Bible.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    Oh brother, just what every Jew needs......another Christian judging him and telling him his religion and beliefs are shit and only the Christians are right. What a crock of crap. How about you let others believe what they want to and accept and love them just the way they are for a change? How intolerant of you, typical and intolerant.
    Typical yes, intolerant NO. I was taught to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the truth is given to the Christian and was my duty to inform the "still ignorant" but always lovable everybody else who believed differently.
    Of course they believed differently, they had not yet been approached by lovable 'ole me and my compassionate ways of 'enlightening' them to that TRUTH I called Jesus H. Christ.
    So you say they are intolerant...but they cannot see themselves as such. For I remember feeling that all I wanted to do was the "Lord's Will" ....and I couldn't possibly be wrong, could I ??

Anyway, I am sure that by now you understand the mental conditioning I and many a "believer" was/is under.
    You can be sincere and be sincerely wrong. But who cares when somebody is patting you on the back all the time for good 'mission' work. That is why we were encouraged to stay within our own network of believers for moral support. This in no way excuses anyone, to proselytize to anyone else. But that is an edict of the church to "spread" the word to as far and wide as we dare.
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov

by the way...the Jewish people might want to get their brains scanned to make sure they could catch up to the ability of Christians to speak in biblical tongues...

By the way it is backed up by scientific machinery to test the frontal lobes, etc.

This is a clear case for the existence of blah, blah, blah .... I mean God.??!!

" Believe it , or Not "

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    by the way...the Jewish people might want to get their brains scanned to make sure they could catch up to the ability of Christians to speak in biblical tongues...

By the way it is backed up by scientific machinery to test the frontal lobes, etc.

This is a clear case for the existence of blah, blah, blah .... I mean God.??!!

" Believe it , or Not "

DELUDED.

:rotz:
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

I think people need to stop quoting just verses that suit their purpose. We are to love EVERYONE.. No exceptions. That's not easy sometimes, but that's what Christ tells us to do. The bible also says that the majority of the Jews will not believe in Christ until the Tribulation. At that time, millions of them will finally have their eyes opened to the truth. Just like millions of us Gentiles. It will take the Tribulation events to finally convince them. And even then, some hearts will have become so hardened that they still won't believe. I pray for everyone's faith and belief...we're going to need it in the coming days.