+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dreams

Dreams

Anyone who reads me posts will know I am a person of rationale, reason, and science.

I don't believe in any religion, miracles, ghosts, the supernatural, etc, etc.

However, for as long as I can recall, I have often had the most profound of dreams, almost prophetic in their nature.

I do not get these every night, but when I do get one, it is uncannily accurate.

Two examples.

1) Some time ago, I worked for an fella, left, then had not seen or heard from him in about four years. One night I have a dream that he contacts me, and offers me some freelance work. I woke up. Went to the supermarket. My cell rings. It's my former employer - offering me some freelance work.

2) Had not heard from a friend in years. Lost touch. Had a dream, the other night, that she contacted me. The next day, she did.

I appreciate that these must be coincidences, but you have to admit, they are bloody interesting coincidences.

Or perhaps you think they could be something more than random chance?

Anyway, happy Easter to all and one.

Steve
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    Anyone who reads me posts will know I am a person of rationale, reason, and science.

However, for as long as I can recall, I have often had the most profound of dreams, almost prophetic in their nature.

I do not get these every night, but when I do get one, it is uncannily accurate.

Two examples.

1) Some time ago, I worked for an fella, left, then had not seen or heard from him in about four years. One night I have a dream that he contacts me, and offers me some freelance work. I woke up. Went to the supermarket. My cell rings. It's my former employer - offering me some freelance work.

2) Had not heard from a friend in years. Lost touch. Had a dream, the other night, that she contacted me. The next day, she did.

I appreciate that these must be coincidences, but you have to admit, they are bloody interesting coincidences.

Steve
    Everybody has dreams. We have no control over what our brain does when we are sleeping.

Sometimes our dreams will tke us into a fantasy land where the impossible can and does happen.

Our dreams can take us into a world that only exists in our minds. At times these dreams can turn into an ugly nightmare that spawns our fears and can make us wake up in a cold sweat.

Perhaps our brain has a way that in unknown to us that allows it to reach out to otheres, as it seems your seems to have done.

We only use a small portion of our brain power. It may well be true that we have capabilities that we cannot fanthom yet.

Two examples.

Steve
    Everybody has dreams. We have no control over what our brain does when we are sleeping.

Sometimes our dreams will take us into a fantasy land where the impossible can and does happen.

Our dreams can take us into a world that only exists in our minds. At times these dreams can turn into an ugly nightmare that spawns our fears and can make us wake up in a cold sweat.

Perhaps our brain has a way that is unknown to us that allows it to reach out to others, as it seems yours has done.

We only use a small portion of our brain power. It may well be true that we have capabilities that we cannot fanthom yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    We only use a small portion of our brain power.
    Generally speaking, this is actually a myth, OT.

The old 'We only use X % of our brain'.

That said...when you read the politics section here, perhaps it is not myth, after all!

:spin2:

Generally speaking, this is actually a myth, OT.

The old 'We only use X % of our brain'.

That said...when you read the politics section here, perhaps it is not myth, after all!

:spin2:
    Good one on the polistical section Steve. I agree. But I also disagree on the amount of our brain we use. I am not talking about the area of the brain used but rather the capabilities of the brain. My thought is that we humans only use the amount of brain power that we as individuals want or need to.

My thought is that we humans only use the amount of brain power that we as individuals want or need to.
    Ah well, in that sense then, you would be right.

Some of us are deep thinkers, and others, well they tend to go through life, not a care in the world.

I often wonder which is best?

I have been told that I am a very deep thinker, and v self aware. If I feel I have hurt someone, with or without intent, I reflect on it, feel really bad, and do what I can to redeem myself.

On the other hand, I have known this bloke for 15 yrs or more.

He has cheated on his g/f many, many times, and when I ask him about that, he just shrugs, he feels no guilt.

So.

I would feel guilt, therefore, I end up beating myself up, and get unhappy.

He doesn't dwell, forgives himself v easily, and he IS happy.

Ah well, in that sense then, you would be right.

Some of us are deep thinkers, and others, well they tend to go through life, not a care in the world.

I often wonder which is best?

I have been told that I am a very deep thinker, and v self aware. If I feel I have hurt someone, with or without intent, I reflect on it, feel really bad, and do what I can to redeem myself.

On the other hand, I have known this bloke for 15 yrs or more.

He has cheated on his g/f many, many times, and when I ask him about that, he just shrugs, he feels no guilt.

So.

I would feel guilt, therefore, I end up beating myself up, and get unhappy.

He doesn't dwell, forgives himself v easily, and he IS happy.
    here is a good one for ya.

Each of us have two ends and where we get in our lives more than often depends on which end we use the most

Are our dreams really a subconcious desire to do those crazy and strange things in reality

bumpbumpbump

Must of had a good dream last night. I woke up laughing and can't for the life of me remember what I was laughing about. I really hate that. :zx11pissed:

Must of had a good dream last night. I woke up laughing and can't for the life of me remember what I was laughing about. I really hate that. :zx11pissed:
    Did you ever wake Linda up to tell her about a dream you just had? I've done that before and let's just say, he doesn't care to be woken up just to hear about my pathetic dream, hehehe!
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    Did you ever wake Linda up to tell her about a dream you just had? I've done that before and let's just say, he doesn't care to be woken up just to hear about my pathetic dream, hehehe!
    No, can't say I have. She does that to me and I will put some salt on her side of the bed. BTW, she taught me that trick.

No, can't say I have. She does that to me and I will put some salt on her side of the bed. BTW, she taught me that trick.
    Salt trick? Never heard of it.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    Salt trick? Never heard of it.

Somebody in your home givce you a hard time, well just pull back the covers and sprinkle s small amount of salt on top of the sheet. It is kind of gritty to try and sleep on. Especially in the summer. And if ya really want to give them some hell, just use sugar in bed with a little water in the morning and when it dries by night time every bug within a mile will zero in on that bed.