+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filth Push Baby-Murder on World, World Appalled

Canadians do a pretty good job here of outlining the sickness of these ing animals.

Clinton Blasted for Pushing Abortion in Canada’s G8 Maternal Health Plan

LSNTODAY'S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE

SHARE: E-mail E-MAIL Print PRINT

By Patrick B. Craine

OTTAWA, Ontario, March 31, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Canadian and U.S. pro-life leaders are denouncing U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after she weighed in Tuesday on the debate over the Canadian government's G8 maternal and child health initiative, insisting plainly that abortion is necessary for maternal health.

"You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion," she told reporters when asked about Canada's G8 initiative.

Reacting to Clinton's comments, Mary Ellen Douglas, national organizer for Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), told LifeSiteNews (LSN), “How dare she stick her pro-abortion nose into Canadian politics. Hasn't she done enough damage to the unborn in the U.S.?”

Clinton made the comments at a news conference following a G8 foreign ministers meeting in Gatineau, Quebec. She began her visit in Ottawa on Monday.

"I do not think governments should be involved in making these decisions. It is perfectly legitimate for people to hold their own personal views based on conscience, religion or any other basis," she said. "But I've always believed the government should not intervene in decisions of such intimacy."

Clinton said that maternal health is a “great concern to me and to my government,” noting that the U.S. government is promoting their own global health initiative that promotes access to contraception. “We are also looking for ways to make women’s choices so that they can avoid abortion – more realistic by providing support for them,” she said.

British Foreign Secretary David Miliband agreed with Clinton, saying Britain also does not want to exclude abortion. "We think it's very important to have a comprehensive family planning aspect as part of the development strategy," he told CBC.

Conservative MP Brad Trost criticized Clinton for “pok[ing] her nose in areas that are not her business.”

“Canada can make up its own mind on what its policy is on maternal health care and how we define it,” he said. “The Prime Minister has taken the lead in an initiative to help women's health and rather than trying to interfere in Canada's policies by playing up to a domestic American political audience in her own party, she (Clinton) should stick to more fruitful international matters.”

Clinton's remarks have reheated an ongoing debate over abortion and contraception in Prime Minister Stephen Harper's G8 initiative. Two weeks ago the government indicated that the initiative would not include support for contraception or abortion and that it would simply focus on saving lives through basic care such as inoculations, health services, and food and water, but Prime Minister Harper backed down on contraception following pressure from opposition parties. Since then, the government has repeatedly maintained that they have no intention of debating abortion, leaving it unclear whether or not they will support abortion in the plan.

Pressed by reporters last week about abortion *******, Minister of International Cooperation Bev Oda stated, "We are not closing any options . ... We are not ruling out any options.”

Nevertheless, the Canadian Parliament last Tuesday defeated a Liberal motion proposed by MP Bob Rae that demanded the government offer a “full range of reproductive health services” in the Third World initiative. Though backed by the three opposition parties, the motion failed in a vote of 138-144 because 13 Liberals were absent and three – Paul Szabo, Dan McTeague, and John McKay – opposed it.

Trost noted that the motion's defeat can be interpreted as an indication that the Canadian Parliament does not endorse abortion in the plan.

Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff, who began pushing abortion in the G8 initiative within days of its January announcement, has praised Clinton's 'admirable' comments and jumped on them as a sign that the Conservatives are out of step with other G8 countries.

"Canada took a knock in the last two days and it shouldn't have. The government should have stood up and been clear and understand what the international consensus on that issue is," Ignatieff said, according to Canwest.

"I just think that a G8 country like Canada should get up and be clear. Hillary Clinton was admirably clear about what the international consensus on maternal health is. It's what we've been saying, it's what G8 countries have been saying," he continued. "That's the position Canada should take and Canadians need to notice that's not the position taken by this government."

According to Marie Smith, director of the U.S.-based Parliamentary Network for Critical Issues, “Secretary Clinton is revealing to the world that a pro-abortion ideology at the highest levels of the US government has hijacked the noble goal of reducing maternal deaths by re-defining maternal health to include access to abortion.”

“Governments which value the lives of unborn children must now view with suspicion US efforts to reduce maternal mortality to ensure that access to abortion is not included in the aid package,” she added. “Maternal health is about saving the lives of mothers. Abortion is a violent act which destroys the life of the child and often injures the mother.

Colin Mason of the U.S.-based Population Research Institute called Clinton's comments “disengenuous.” “She says that she doesn't think that governments should intervene in 'intimate decisions' like abortion, and yet she insists that the same should make a hard commitment to 'legal, safe abortion.' This is because she knows that any government that commits to providing abortion as part of healthcare, is affirming abortion as a legitimate clinical service.”

“Mrs. Clinton has repeatedly demonstrated her attachment to abortion-on-demand, and these remarks do nothing but reflect that commitment,” he added.

According to Campaign Life Coalition National President Jim Hughes, “Hillary Clinton is merely trying to force her own pro-abortion agenda onto the world stage as she attempts to influence G-8 leaders and oppose Canada’s position.”

“To suggest that we offer women in developing countries the death of their child rather than safe health care as Prime Minister Harper has suggested is a morally bankrupt position,” he added.

Commenting on NDP leader Jack Layton's remark that the Conservatives have let ideology get in the way of maternal health, CLC's Mary Ellen Douglas said, “It is clear by Hillary’s remark that it is the pro-abortion ideology which is getting in the way of maternal health.”

CLC called on pro-life supporters to contact the Prime Minister's office and urge him to stay the course and do what is best for maternal health.

Contact Information:

Prime Minister Stephen Harper
    80 Wellington Street
    Ottawa
    K1A 0A2
    Fax: 613-941-6900
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Last edited by pwrone; 04-01-2010 at 06:44 AM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Re: Filth Push Baby-Murder on World, World Appalle

"You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion," she told reporters when asked about Canada's G8 initiative.
    Seems like an eminently responsible statement, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Yeah, me too. In any event, regardless of where you stand on abortion, you only have any control at all in your own life/actions, and in what you teach your children. Everything else is OCD.

you mean canada does not allow abortions now!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I'd like to know which "world" it is thats "appalled" pwrone. Some people dont agree, some do. Hardly an accurate headline.

pwrone in inaccurate headline shocker, lol.

I'd like to know which "world" it is thats "appalled" pwrone. Some people dont agree, some do. Hardly an accurate headline.

He lives in his own world.

The first thing liberal filth think of when it comes to the family planning--of others, natch--is always: how can we (convince them to) kill the baby?

In Europe, baby-killin' is a sport, like 50% murdered.

Surprise!

Last edited by pwrone; 04-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    The first thing liberal filth think of when it comes to the family planning--of others, natch--is always: how can we (convince them to) kill the baby?
    Yeah, cos thats how it works. Evil people doing their best to convince women to abort. Yeah.

My basic view on abortion, and many peoples, is that its a great shame there are any at all. But I'm never going to tell any woman what she can and cant do within the law with her own body. And it is HER body.

I would love to see your reaction if you suddenly found the world and his (religiously motivated) dog telling you what you could and could not do with your body.

This from a man who usually starts a thread with "kill 'em all" or similar. But theyre all "filth", arent they lol.

a sure sign of feeling IMPOTENT!? when it comes to unsolvable human problems, we all feel impotent!? his reaction is to attack and destroy!? really, if you think about it, human impotence might be the only basic human problem there is!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

In Europe, baby-killin' is a sport, like 50% murdered.

Surprise!.
    With respect I think you should look up some information on occasion. Your obviously not in full possession of the facts.

Let me enlighten you.

----------------------------------

Abortions per Capita

#6 United States 0.0041 (#2 1,210,880 abortions)
    #14 Canada 0.0021 (50% of the US per capita.) (#11 70,594 abortions)
    Mainstream Europe makes up ranks #5-16

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...ons-per-capita
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...alth-abortions

Before you Call a nation Baby killer you might want to check your facts.... Baby killer.

----------------------------------------

So in short all you have proven is that Canada is more responsible than abortion and doesn't need the Government to tell us when we shouldn't abort a baby.

Or..... It could be that Canada does a better job of teaching family planning in general.

Teen Pregnancy Rates per Capita.

#1 United States 1,671.63 births per 1 million
    #2 Slovakia 1,112.87 births per 1 million (2/3rds of the US average)
    #9 Canada 607.224 births per 1 million (1/3rd of the US average)
    The rest of mainstream europ makes up ranks #7-20 (1/3rd of the US average)

Look at the graph and see the vast difference
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...ncy-per-capita

------------------------------------------

So Baby killer. What do you think worked better at keeping the unborn alive. :liefde:

Government Interference in peoples personal reproduction.

Or

Education in the form of sex-education and a more open environment to discuss topics.

If you want to reduce abortions. It starts at home.
    ANYONE
    who hates abortion should be promoting sex-education in school. If you don't your a hypocrite and are partially responsible for promoting the deaths of:

590,000 Babies.

(based on the difference between Canadian and American Abortion rates, more if you compare it to Europe)

So yes. The Filth push Baby-Murder and the world is appalled
    At the United States
    lack of progress compared to every other industrialized nation.

defn: Filth: People who don't have the sense to look up facts and make choices for others based on un-supported and un-founded opinion

You should be appalled.
    So get off your soapbox and sit down and listen to the rest of the world who has done a much better job of it than you.

Surprise!

I didn't come here to slap the United States but I'm damn well not going to be slapped over such an obvious and viscous falsehood. -Thankyou
    Last edited by Spector567; 04-01-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Just to add to that Spector...

In Europe, where "baby-killin' is a sport" and "like 50% [are] murdered", they also have much lower abortion rates than the US.

I guess that's just cause they suck at sport though.

Annual abortions per 1000 adolescents:
    USA: 27.5
    France: 10.2
    Germany: 5.6
    Netherlands: 4.2

http://www.religioustolerance.org/pregadol.htm

Sorry pwrone, but the statistics here completely and utterly refute the argument that evil, liberal Europe is just going around having abortions left, right and center. Almost every single European country has a lower abortion rate than the USA.

Yeah, cos thats how it works. Evil people doing their best to convince women to abort. Yeah.

My basic view on abortion, and many peoples, is that its a great shame there are any at all. But I'm never going to tell any woman what she can and cant do within the law with her own body. And it is HER body.

I would love to see your reaction if you suddenly found the world and his (religiously motivated) dog telling you what you could and could not do with your body.

This from a man who usually starts a thread with "kill 'em all" or similar. But theyre all "filth", arent they lol.
    Abortion is perfectly legal, by law it is not murder and it is completely within her rights for a woman to choose life or not.
    But...it is a human being in her body. She is making a decision not about her body, but about the fate of that human being in her body. It's about the fate of another body. Mom is going to be just fine.
    It's about the terminology that gets me going. It's about the softening of what it really is that leaves me numb.
    I wish that women would be more pro-active and less reactive when another human being's life is involved.
    For many people, me included, this is not a religious view but, rather, a moral view.
    Last edited by HotParadox; 04-01-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Just to add to that Spector...

In Europe, where "baby-killin' is a sport" and "like 50% [are] murdered", they also have much lower abortion rates than the US.

I guess that's just cause they suck at sport though.

Annual abortions per 1000 adolescents:
    USA: 27.5
    France: 10.2
    Germany: 5.6
    Netherlands: 4.2

http://www.religioustolerance.org/pregadol.htm

Sorry pwrone, but the statistics here completely and utterly refute the argument that evil, liberal Europe is just going around having abortions left, right and center. Almost every single European country has a lower abortion rate than the USA.
    True. And the US is a much more Christian-oriented nation then most European nations, I think, which makes for the case that choosing life can be as much a moral decision as it is a religious one. Plenty of atheists that I personally know are pro-life. It's such a personal thing. Am I wrong?
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    True. And the US is a much more Christian-oriented nation then most European nations, I think, which makes for the case that choosing life can be as much a moral decision as it is a religious one. Plenty of atheists that I personally know are pro-life. It's such a personal thing. Am I wrong?
    No...you know I'm an atheist but I am also pro life.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

It is a personal thing however the solutions are logical.

As you can see more secular nations have tanken the steps to teach there citizens about contraceptive measures, family planning and sex education.

The united states has not and will not for only one reason. The far Religious right have the mis-guided idea that by forcing schools not to do this they make them more moral.......

In reality what they are doing are making a generation of kids who think they can avoid getting pregnant by pulling out fast enough.

You'll notice by the teen pregnancy numbers I posted earlier that the current strategy is failing miserably and has made the united states #1 in teen pregnancy and has given it the highest abortion rate compared to other mainstream countries.Make all the laws and protests you want. If you don't stop a problem at it source it's like stopping a flood with a single board. You can't.

The current strategy makes governments look good and the religious feel good but does nothing but make the problem worse.
    Last edited by Spector567; 04-02-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Abortion is perfectly legal, by law it is not murder and it is completely within her rights for a woman to choose life or not.
    But...it is a human being in her body. She is making a decision not about her body, but about the fate of that human being in her body. It's about the fate of another body. Mom is going to be just fine.
    Mom isnt going to be just fine, necessarily. But hey, I'm not championing abortion as a solution to anything, best that noone ever had one. But for a man - me and I assume pwrone - to tell a woman what to do with her body, it just wouldnt fly the other way round.

As for the human being in her body, yes, but until born it is her body, her life, her fetus, not my place to force my opinion.