+ Reply to Thread

Mexico-excursion booking sites?

Hey, wanted to book some of my excursions on Mexico online to save some money, but I was wondering if any of these sites were reliable before handing out my credit card number.
    www.cancun-discounts.com
    www.xelha.com
    www.rivieramayaparasail.com
    www.travelrivieramaya.com
    www.e-travelsolution.com

Any help would be great
    Thanks.

Re: Mexico-excursion booking sites?

Quote Originally Posted by jenmay View Post
    Hey, wanted to book some of my excursions on Mexico online to save some money, but I was wondering if any of these sites were reliable before handing out my credit card number.
    www.cancun-discounts.com
    www.xelha.com
    www.rivieramayaparasail.com
    www.travelrivieramaya.com
    www.e-travelsolution.com

Any help would be great
    Thanks.
    You would be better off booking them when you get there. If you're staying at a hotel, there will be a travel desk there and they can book them for you. The prices are all the same for the exact same excursions. Or if you've booked your trip through a travel agent, they can add them on by calling your agent.

Beware of the "free" day trips. Common but there's a catch. You will be required to attend a "2 hour tour of our resort" which ends up being a 4 to 6 hour venture of high pressure sales to buy a timeshare.

For parasailing, you can bargain with them on the beach. Don't buy it ahead of time.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

ok, thanks. I was just thinking about ease. And people who went to the same area as us last ear said that the offers they saw online were actually cheaper than what the travel desk offered, so I was just trying to save a few bucks wherever I could! Thanks again for the reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by jenmay View Post
    ok, thanks. I was just thinking about ease. And people who went to the same area as us last ear said that the offers they saw online were actually cheaper than what the travel desk offered, so I was just trying to save a few bucks wherever I could! Thanks again for the reply though.
    You're welcome. But believe me, it's not worth the hassle of booking it online and having to choose your timeframes. What if your plans change? You're basically screwed. You're probably going on a tour package with air and hotel, so buy it through the tour operator and you don't have to set your dates. They should list all of the prices and tours on their website or call your travel agent if you booked it through one. That way you're guaranteed to be dealing with a reputable company offering these excursions.

You can also negotiate the prices with the guys on the beach for jet skiing. The later in the day you hit them up, the less the price. Have a great time and remember, stay far away from the "free" offers. The salespeople are mostly Canadian and USA citizens and are worse than used car salesmen. They get approximately $500 USD just to get you to show up at the presentation even if you don't buy one.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Alright, thanks again for the advice, and thats a good point about being screwed if plans changed. I will definately look into it, and I didn't realise you would be able to negotiate with prices for the water activities on the beach.