+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Killer Whale vs. Great White

Killer Whale vs. Great White

Agree?

Or not?
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: Killer Whale vs. Great White

One guess... and it isn't the fish. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBFUumm3Dk

They're not called "Killer Whales" for nothing.

Last edited by PaulM; 03-26-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    One guess... and it isn't the fish. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBFUumm3Dk

They're not called "Killer Whales" for nothing.

Grrr..couldn't watch footage

This video contains content from National Geographic, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

I guess the Killer 'Whale' (it is really a dolphin), would win.

Larger, quicker, but perhaps they would actually avoid one another?

I once kept a small scorpion and a huntsman spider, in the same vivarium. Everyone naturally thought one would kill the other. But it was a 'Mexican stand off', and they lived together in their tank, quite happily, for their whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    Grrr..couldn't watch footage

This video contains content from National Geographic, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

I guess the Killer 'Whale' (it is really a dolphin), would win.

Larger, quicker, but perhaps they would actually avoid one another?

I once kept a small scorpion and a huntsman spider, in the same vivarium. Everyone naturally thought one would kill the other. But it was a 'Mexican stand off', and they lived together in their tank, quite happily, for their whole life.
    That sucks you can't see the video. It's an Orca attacking and killing a Great White. I believe it was off the coast of California.

That sucks you can't see the video. It's an Orca attacking and killing a Great White. I believe it was off the coast of California.

Was it at all like this?

Right.

Here's one for ya.

Komodo Dragon v Nile Crocodile?

Was it at all like this?

Right.

Here's one for ya.

All the dragon has to do is get one bite in and his slaiva will kill the croc.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    All the dragon has to do is get one bite in and his slaiva will kill the croc.

bump bump bump

Was it at all like this?
    Similar. The one I had was shot on the boat that witnessed it and wasn't as "sensationalistic"... but, basically the same event.
    Right.

Here's one for ya.

If on land... the Komodo Dragon. It's bite has a tendency to lead to a fatal infection.

In water... the Croc., but I don't believe Komodo dragons enter the water... do they?

Similar. The one I had was shot on the boat that witnessed it and wasn't as "sensationalistic"... but, basically the same event.

If on land... the Komodo Dragon. It's bite has a tendency to lead to a fatal infection.

In water... the Croc., but I don't believe Komodo dragons enter the water... do they?

If I remember correctly, from a film I saw on them, they do indeed swim between the islands.

In water... the Croc., but I don't believe Komodo dragons enter the water... do they?.
    AFAIK, on the land in which they dwell, the Komodo Dragon has NO natural predators.

I was watching a documentary about them, recently.

Wow.

I mean, if you were like prey, and you were going to get killed, then it would be much more merciful to be killed by a tiger or a cheetah, than one of these.

In part of the footage, the Komodo Dragons attacked some sort of buffalo type animal - as a group.

They would take little bites at it, knowing that their bite contains so much bacteria, that, over time, their prey will get more and more weak, through illness.

So, they were landing bites on this poor creature, and proceeded to stalk it, for an entire month.

Gradually, the beast became so weak, that it succumbed entirely. A slow and horrible death.

However.

A Nile croc would be a different proposition.

For a start, let's consider the actual blood of the croc.

Crocs are always fighting among themselves, and other creatures, and yet, the bites they receive rarely prove fatal to them - their blood is essentially like some sort of industrial cleaning fluid, which acts brilliantly against bacteria which may enter the system, after a bite.

On top of that, the croc has a tough hide, and I am not even convinced that the Komodo Dragon would be able to penetrate that hide.

Conclusion?

I think the croc would win.

AFAIK, on the land in which they dwell, the Komodo Dragon has NO natural predators.

I was watching a documentary about them, recently.

Wow.

I mean, if you were like prey, and you were going to get killed, then it would be much more merciful to be killed by a tiger or a cheetah, than one of these.

In part of the footage, the Komodo Dragons attacked some sort of buffalo type animal - as a group.

They would take little bites at it, knowing that their bite contains so much bacteria, that, over time, their prey will get more and more weak, through illness.

So, they were landing bites on this poor creature, and proceeded to stalk it, for an entire month.

Gradually, the beast became so weak, that it succumbed entirely. A slow and horrible death.

However.

A Nile croc would be a different proposition.

For a start, let's consider the actual blood of the croc.

Crocs are always fighting among themselves, and other creatures, and yet, the bites they receive rarely prove fatal to them - their blood is essentially like some sort of industrial cleaning fluid, which acts brilliantly against bacteria which may enter the system, after a bite.

On top of that, the croc has a tough hide, and I am not even convinced that the Komodo Dragon would be able to penetrate that hide.

Conclusion?

I think the croc would win.
    I really don't think I would want to referee that fight.

Didn't realize that about the croc's blood... could be a major factor. As well... should the croc catch the dragon in the water, once it's got it in a 'death roll' it's all over for the dragon.

Didn't realize that about the croc's blood... could be a major factor. As well... should the croc catch the dragon in the water, once it's got it in a 'death roll' it's all over for the dragon.

Definitely.

Hmm..

What now..

Okay, how about these two..?

Or..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b995_dC6iDM

Definitely.

Hmm..

What now..

Okay, how about these two..?

Or..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b995_dC6iDM

Wolverines have been known to back down a grizzly. They are just plain mean and nasty

I still like the 'Battle of Kruger'. Water Buffalo, Lions, and Crocodiles, Oh My.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I wonder if the water buffalo calf actually survived that battle long term, and the injuries that it surley must have sustained? Those lions were lucky not to have been driven over the cliff and into the water. Quite the video. It's a rought world out in the wild. Much like the Political forum on Scam. lol
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 03-28-2010 at 04:49 PM.