+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quantum...religion...?

I want to get a general idea of how persuasive (or hypnotic) he is, so I'm asking for opinion:

Do you, personally, believe in Deepak Chopra's religious creed or do you think it's, hah, "pseudological"...?

I personally believe that it's just extortion of how little is known about existence, the amalgamation of curiosity and lack of knowledge, and a freeform way to make up an excuse when he contradicts himself (which he'd never admit to).
    Last edited by ejpseudo; 03-25-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Re: Quantum...religion...?

You saw a special on ABC too? I think he just uses big words to manufacture his own pseudo-religion.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    You saw a special on ABC too? I think he just uses big words to manufacture his own pseudo-religion.
    Considering he is worth 80 million, he sure has found the way to bilk ....errr....use.......errr....scam.....errr ....enlighten the gullible.....errr.....the desperate....errr.....the faithful and part them from their money, hasn't he? lmao.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    Considering he is worth 80 million, he sure has found the way to bilk ....errr....use.......errr....scam.....errr ....enlighten the gullible.....errr.....the desperate....errr.....the faithful and part them from their money, hasn't he? lmao.
    All of it tax free!

You: Paying taxes so he doesn't have to.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    Yeah, but what I don't understand is he has in qualified in many areas of physics, chemistry, etc. and how he himself believes these things. He gets cornered because it is so very easy to attack religious theory, and still manages to sell so many books, cds, etc. that basically say the same thing...and yet he says he demolished Mark Driscoll in a debate (You saw the special and I think we both know that is not at all what happened).

Why is it that it is so difficult to understand that it's all about the money? Do you think he would be worth 80 mil and have the homes, the cars, the plane and celebritity fame that he does being a scientist? He's a salesman in all reality. What else is he going to say?....that he is full of shit and wrong? lol

Why do people like him make money and continue to gain followers?

Because people want to believe...... in something. A cozy Linus Blanket for the fearful.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Why do people like him make money and continue to gain followers?

Because people want to believe...... in something. A cozy Linus Blanket for the fearful.
    Completely true. It's a business plain and simple. Religion and Spirituality is just the hook that he and many other religious leaders use to attract the gullible, the needy, the lonely, the undiscerning, and the desperate and line their pockets. They are nothing but con men and the 21st century snake oil salesmen of the the carny days of yore. Give the people what they want and need, make them feel loved and get them to open their wallets. It's been going on for centuries. It's all about the money, the power and the recognition.

Completely true. It's a business plain and simple. Religion and Spirituality is just the hook that he and many other religious leaders use to attract the gullible, the needy, the lonely, the undiscerning, and the desperate and line their pockets. They are nothing but con men and the 21st century snake oil salesmen of the the carny days of yore. Give the people what they want and need, make them feel loved and get them to open their wallets. It's been going on for centuries. It's all about the money, the power and the recognition.
    Man... In one way I wish I didn't care about people so I could profit from them the way the religious leaders do.

What could I do with 80 million dollars tax free?

Quote Originally Posted by ejpseudo View Post
    Yeah, but what I don't understand is he has in qualified in many areas of physics, chemistry, etc. and how he himself believes these things. He gets cornered because it is so very easy to attack religious theory, and still manages to sell so many books, cds, etc. that basically say the same thing...and yet he says he demolished Mark Driscoll in a debate (You saw the special and I think we both know that is not at all what happened).
    He's not at all qualified in physics or chemistry. He, like so many others, just repeats a few key words that he's heard, without understanding the first thing about quantum mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    He's not at all qualified in physics or chemistry. He, like so many others, just repeats a few key words that he's heard, without understanding the first thing about quantum mechanics.
    Oh... like when I say that the reason global warming is happening is because the quantum string that holds our universe is vibrating against an electron causing several newtons of force on all particles in our subspace. This causes our molecular cohesion to go into warp and warms the planet?

Something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    Oh... like when I say that the reason global warming is happening is because the quantum string that holds our universe is vibrating against an electron causing several newtons of force on all particles in our subspace. This causes our molecular cohesion to go into warp and warms the planet?

Something like that?
    A little bit more convincing than this. He is a smooth talker and the whole "guru" angle gives his credibility in "newage" circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post

Something like that?
    Yep, exactly. But see, as a physicist, I can tell you that the real reason is that the vibrations of our negative emotions are detuned with respect to the quantum electrodynamic field, and the resonances thus produced lead to severe decoherence in both the neighbouring quarks and neutrinos.

Why is it that it is so difficult to understand that it's all about the money? Do you think he would be worth 80 mil and have the homes, the cars, the plane and celebritity fame that he does being a scientist? He's a salesman in all reality. What else is he going to say?....that he is full of shit and wrong? lol
    I understand, it just annoys me. But more so is the fact that he seriously thinks his reasoning outclasses all other religious theory, and becomes indignant when told otherwise. Kinda sickening, only because if I had that much money I could easily have 95% of it put to actual charitable use. I don't expect him to admit anything, but he can atleast stop ragging on other's beliefs. Haha, he's gonna find one day how far that money goes and I also believe he'll find no glory after death from his crackpot theories.
    PROJECT Miscellaneous Founder, 2007

"The P-O-W-E-R is in the people and politics we address." - Tupac Shakur

"The hunger for Love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." - Mother Teresa
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Find Local Jobs in your area

Full time, part-time, work from home available. Hourly and salary positions available.

Click HERE to see jobs

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Yep, exactly. But see, as a physicist, I can tell you that the real reason is that the vibrations of our negative emotions are detuned with respect to the quantum electrodynamic field, and the resonances thus produced lead to severe decoherence in both the neighbouring quarks and neutrinos.
    Does that mean the cat is alive or dead?

Quote Originally Posted by ejpseudo View Post
    I understand, it just annoys me. But more so is the fact that he seriously thinks his reasoning outclasses all other religious theory, and becomes indignant when told otherwise. Kinda sickening, only because if I had that much money I could easily have 95% of it put to actual charitable use. I don't expect him to admit anything, but he can atleast stop ragging on other's beliefs. Haha, he's gonna find one day how far that money goes and I also believe he'll find no glory after death from his crackpot theories.
    So your sick of this guy because he "seriously thinks his reasoning outclasses all other theroy" yet you then tell you think your befief trumps his? Interesting