+ Reply to Thread

Oprah sucks at narrating.

I saw Life the other day on Discovery Channel, and the question begs to be asked, Why is the American version of that show narrated by Oprah Winfery?
    For that matter, the American version of the program as a whole seems... weak.
    Watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7eQKSf0LmY
    and compare it to the American version of that same clip. I think it will be available on the Discovery Channel's website sometime in April.
    The American version... it's weak. It seems like there's little kids in the audience who they're not trying to scare. the UK version made my skin wretch, it was awesome!
    Now this begs another question, where can I get the DVD version with Attenborough?

Re: Oprah sucks at narrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    I saw Life the other day on Discovery Channel, and the question begs to be asked, Why is the American version of that show narrated by Oprah Winfery?
    Watch this
    and compare it to the American version of that same clip. I think it will be available on the Discovery Channel's website sometime in April.
    The American version... it's weak. It seems like there's little kids in the audience who they're not trying to scare. the UK version made my skin wretch, it was awesome!
    Now this begs another question, where can I get the DVD version with Attenborough?
    Maybe she is looking for a new line of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Maybe she is looking for a new line of work?
    bump bump bump

A wee it delayed but here's the Oprah version
    http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/life...hes-flies.html
    WWWWEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAK!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    Watch this
    I agree with you. The UK version was very good.

Oprah did a terrible job. Really bad. She did sound like she was reading to a child and sounded like she was not in the mood to read the story.

When Discovery released their Planet Earth series on DVD you actually had the option to purchase the American narrated version or the English narrated version. We went with the English one, it was much better. (That version was done with the BBC, I think.)

Hopefully they'll do the same with this series. You can also try iTunes. That's where my husband and I get our episodes of Top Gear.

I totally agree with everyone. Maybe she had to get her mind off her "New Book" She was the real Venus Trap back in her day...

I watched her post interview with Simon, and she seemed so fake. Can't wait til she end her "O" show...

Oprah is over-rated.
    freakB:
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".