+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 54

Thread: Friends

  1. #1

    Friends

    There are some things in life that we simply cannot either forget nor ignore. One of those things is your friends. Friendship is something that I value very highly.

    I realize that I am from the old school and I am not up to the things and ways of todays younger generation. But I have always chosen to get high on people rather than drugs or alcohol.

    So I can only say two little words to some of you here. And they come from the heart.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canton Michigan
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    There are some things in life that we simply cannot either forget nor ignore. One of those things is your friends. Friendship is something that I value very highly.

    I realize that I am from the old school and I am not up to the things and ways of todays younger generation. But I have always chosen to get high on people rather than drugs or alcohol.

    So I can only say two little words to some of you here. And they come from the heart.

    Thank you.

    No no OT, thank you!

  3. #3

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    No no OT, thank you!

    You are much to kind my friend. any decision on your mode of travel here yet? Or has the trip been cancelled.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Friends

    OT, did you get my PM on here yesterday?

  5. #5

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    OT, did you get my PM on here yesterday?
    sure did.........

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    sure did.........
    Okay, it's hard to tell, when you don't respond back. lol
    I hope you will stay and simply make use of the ignore feature. It will save you a lot of grief. There actually are some decent posters/members on this site.

    Everyone gets involved in a pissing contest from time to time, and we all have our moods and limits, plus we all get fed up and frustrated at times. But I guarantee, the ignore feature works. Saves you many hassels and spares you from reading/reacting to most of the drivel and dialoguing with idiots and trolls. It saves you from wading through much of the muck. It just takes a bit of discipline and practice. You'll be fine. (I sincerely hope)
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 03-23-2010 at 07:17 AM.

  7. #7

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    Okay, it's hard to tell, when you don't respond back. lol
    I hope you will stay and simply make use of the ignore feature. It will save you a lot of grief. There actually are some decent posters/members on this site.

    Everyone gets involved in a pissing contest from time to time, and we all have our moods and limits, plus we all get fed up and frustrated at times. But I guarantee, the ignore feature works. Saves you many hassels and spares you from reading/reacting to most of the drivel and dialoguing with idiots and trolls. It just takes a bit of discipline and practice. You'll be fine.
    Well as of this post I now have 9 of them on ignore.

    I did get a bunch of e/m's asking me to stay and seeing as how I have made some really good friends here, I decided to ive it another try and take your advise. Thanks for being there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Friends

    Good OT.
    I am happy you made that decision.
    Now lets have some fun.

  9. #9

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Heck how could anyone get upset about bits and bytes of atoms electronically transmitted to a screen.

    It is conversation and discussion.

    Rise above it OT, anyone that can sit in the eye of the volcanoe can take what this site dishes out.
    Maybe it was the way I was raised. Talk like that just was not tolerated. Now don't misunderstand me here. I do know all of the words, their meaning and how to use them. But why? It is not going to prove me right or wrong is it? It will not show that I have a better intellegence will it? Or that I am bigiger or badder or smarter than anyone else. I guess that the lack of respect and manners here is what really gets to me. Both of my sons are in their 40's now and if I ever heard them talk like that I would smack them into next week.

    I was raised with the thought that if you want to get respect you must also give respect. It must be earned. Not given away freely. Say what you will and call me what you will. I will never let go of those values.

    And now it is time for tea and strumpets, oopps I meant crumpets.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 03-23-2010 at 08:35 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Well as of this post I now have 9 of them on ignore.

    I did get a bunch of e/m's asking me to stay and seeing as how I have made some really good friends here, I decided to ive it another try and take your advise. Thanks for being there.
    Hell, my list is 12 so far and counting! lmao

    I am glad you are staying, Jim, I really am.

    I posted about the healthcare bill several times today in a couple of threads and I totally ignored the assholes, the trolls and the braindead. And because I have them on ignore, I don't have to read their drivel, nor respond to it any longer. It does work. The decent people know who the jerks and the morons are on here anyways.

    This bears repeating I think:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulip
    I try and treat people on this forum the same as I do in real life but I don't think everyone looks at posting on this forum the same way. Or maybe they just are not people with good character and it comes out the same on a forum as in real life.

    Sadly, this only works on other forums where there is strict moderation and there are actual normal people participating in those forums and where all trolls, racists, bigots, haters, crazies and assholes are immediately banned and certain behavior is never ever allowed. It won't help you much here.

    This place just attracts, allows and fosters crazies. This is why there is no other place on the internet like this. At least, that has been my experience thus far.

    It just doesn't really work when there are almost no rules and it's a free for all. You can act and behave in a certain manner and try to be a civil as possible and you will more often than not, be eaten alive on here and have your buttons constantly pushed. It's very frustrating.

    When everyone does not follow the same guidelines and modes, you have total chaos, which pretty much describes Scam. This place is just very dysfunctional. That is part of it's uniqueness, yet it is also part of it's problems.

    You just can't always apply the same manner of behavior here. It's futile, something else that I am learning still. This place just breeds phonies, fakes, trolls pretenders and wannabes, ignoramuses, racists, assholes, bigots, the holier than thou, the hypocrites and you name it, and it allows all of them to be here, all the time. That is really the problem.

    You have to find the right combo, your niche and the decent posters that you have something in common with and share/post with them and them alone. There is no point in trying to dialogue with many of the members on this forum. No point at all. You really have to pick and choose and save yourself a lot of grief.

    The real benefit is the ignore feature, which I have just decided to use for someone on here, a few moments ago. My ignore list is ever expanding.
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 03-23-2010 at 09:30 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canton Michigan
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Maybe it was the way I was raised. Talk like that just was not tolerated. Now don't misunderstand me here. I do know all of the words, their meaning and how to use them. But why? It is not going to prove me right or wrong is it? It will not show that I have a better intellegence will it? Or that I am bigiger or badder or smarter than anyone else. I guess that the lack of respect and manners here is what really gets to me. Both of my sons are in their 40's now and if I ever heard them talk like that I would smack them into next week.

    I was raised with the thought that if you want to get respect you must also give respect. It must be earned. Not given away freely. Say what you will and call me what you will. I will never let go of those values.

    And now it is time for tea and strumpets, oopps I meant crumpets.

    Jim you hit the nail on the head. It comes down to respect. I can have a differnet view on things but respect someone as well, but others cannot do the same thing, some simply have no respect for people. Thats the world we live in now. I remember when I was like 8, I was out for a walk with my mother and father, we passed by someone, I didn't know who they were, but seconds after passing by them my father kicked in the backside. Why? Because I passed by someone whithout saying hello. We were taught to respect people from the get go.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    Jim you hit the nail on the head. It comes down to respect. I can have a differnet view on things but respect someone as well, but others cannot do the same thing, some simply have no respect for people. Thats the world we live in now. I remember when I was like 8, I was out for a walk with my mother and father, we passed by someone, I didn't know who they were, but seconds after passing by them my father kicked in the backside. Why? Because I passed by someone whithout saying hello. We were taught to respect people from the get go.
    I think being anon on the internet, encourages a type of shit behavior in many people. And on a forum where anything and I mean anything is allowed and condoned, you are really screwed. lol I never see this on the two pilot forums that I belong to and on the flying club forum that I am on nor on a friend's blog. (who is also a pilot)

    I wonder how many of these people would actually behave the way they do on here, in person.

    I know I don't have for friends, or neighbors or family or clients or other business contacts or really even encounter strangers that are anything close to what I see on here on a daily basis. I simply do not have to deal with what I see on here in real life. Thank goodness! lol Therefore, my own behavior is much different. In this place, it sometimes becomes something entirely different, sadly, because of other peoples behaviors. It just gets to and affects all of us from time to time, no matter hard hard you try to let it not to.
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 03-23-2010 at 09:26 AM.

  13. #13

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    Jim you hit the nail on the head. It comes down to respect. I can have a differnet view on things but respect someone as well, but others cannot do the same thing, some simply have no respect for people. Thats the world we live in now. I remember when I was like 8, I was out for a walk with my mother and father, we passed by someone, I didn't know who they were, but seconds after passing by them my father kicked in the backside. Why? Because I passed by someone whithout saying hello. We were taught to respect people from the get go.
    Now that does sound rather familiar to me, and sometimes a whack on the back of the head if you did not doff your hat or cap to the lady.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Friends

    This is the first I've heard of this Jim. Don't leave! We'll track you down if you do, so please save us the airfare!!!
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    OT, did you get my PM on here yesterday?
    Hey, PIOTB, I wrote to you on another thread this morning...

    http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=898641&postcount=44

    ...saying that I need to send you a pm, but I can't seem to. Can you PM me then? Or tell me how to? Thanks!
    Last edited by HotParadox; 03-23-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,193

    Re: Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    Hey, PIOTB, I wrote to you on another thread this morning...

    http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=898641&postcount=44

    ...saying that I need to send you a pm, but I can't seem to. Can you PM me then? Or tell me how to? Thanks!
    That's because I had to create a buddy list to block a crazy person from here from pming me. I will add you on that list and you can then PM me. Sorry, I have not been back to that thread and I missed your post to me.
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 03-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Goodbye my friends!
    By ChrisDoyle in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
  2. New Friends New Successes
    By thevermin8tor in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 03:35 AM
  3. Friends
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:01 AM
  4. hello friends, Need Your help
    By harivinod in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 09:18 AM
  5. hello friends can any one help me
    By harivinod in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 04:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •