+ Reply to Thread

Roman Church Denies Mother Nature

...influence. Pre roman cultures recognised both male and female deities, balance, union, if both not recognised, spiritual imbalance. The spiritworld feeds off our energies, emotions, it works on natural order, the male energy is the spirit of the hunter, fighter, 'wild man' Pan, deny his place, human nature and it comes out funny.
    [link removed by mod]
    Last edited by No_Moron_Here; 03-18-2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: remove link

Re: Roman Church Denies Mother Nature

Quote Originally Posted by schizoshaman View Post
    ...influence. Pre roman cultures recognised both male and female deities, balance, union, if both not recognised, spiritual imbalance. The spiritworld feeds off our energies, emotions, it works on natural order, the male energy is the spirit of the hunter, fighter, 'wild man' Pan, deny his place, human nature and it comes out funny.
    the spiritual gamesmaster
    Shamanism. Wasn't that started by the doo-wop group called Sha-ma-na?

Re: Roman Church Denies Mother Nature

Quote Originally Posted by schizoshaman View Post
    the spiritual gamesmaster
    "Father bless me for I have sinned"...yadda, yadda, yadda....

"I absolve you, go in Peace and Sin no more." ( You must pray 10 'our fathers', and 10 'hail Mary's' )

OK, now I see the balance. And this proved to be more bogus to me the more I did it. They could have just had a list at the confessional booth.... with each category of sins ( a few examples just to get the idea..) and the required number of Our Father's and Hail Mary's to chant. I often wondered how come I only had 5 or 6 sins....and then had to pray 20 or more of these "defragmentation recitals" to put my soul into right standing with God again?

I'm glad that only lasted till I was 17... though that next "religious trip" lasted double the years and was a lot easier to get around . Just had to ask The Father God to remember his Son Jesus..and that the blood covered all sins,,,, past , present, and future.
    Sins I was no doubt going to "screw-up" all over again, and again...

It's rather difficult to balance yourself on a tight-wire overlooking the Niagra Falls.... with so many onlookers,
    Especially if you had a few too many cups of the God-Juice.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 03-17-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov