+ Reply to Thread

Code Marketing Scam & Total Marketing Scam

Code Marketing in Liverpool seems like a massive scam, I went for 2 interviews where they said my degree was not worth anything!! The cheek. Only at the end was I told it was commission only! When I said I didn't want to work in commission they were rude and said it was the only way!

I was then contacted by Kim at Total Marketing in Preston and I went to an interview there with a young looking man and noticed the similarities, I asked if they were part of the same group & the young arrogant office manager said NO! I have just been searched the internet and found out they are both part of the cobra marketing group!! I will not be going back to the next interview at Total marketing in Preston!!

Has anyone else had issues with them? They should be reported to trading standards!!

Re: Code Marketing Scam & Total Marketing Scam

My Friend Look Up at my name.

I used to be one of the managers, Jebus.

Everyone knows about them they even have a dedicated hate group on Facebook.

I know how you feel, it just took me 6 yrs to see it.

I'll break it down for you.

The Cobra Group is just a supplier, they provide support, clients and a network. But companys like the ones you have been to are not part of the cobra group they are just supplied by them. It is commission only plus a bond. I hope they mentioned the bond. No, well no surprise there then.

Once you do a sale you get ummm 30 (Sounds good yea 4 sales 120.00 per day, 600.00 per week) Nope.......

You see you will get 30 per sale but you have a 40% bond (Bond = Funds taken from your earnings to protect against any sales that fail)

Soooooo Instead of 30 per sale your take home is actually 18.00. Now the average sales in these companies is 2.2 sales per days sooooooooo 18.00 x 2.2 =39.60 x 5 days a week 198.00 before tax and NI.

198.00 - Tax @ 5%(Self - Employed Rate) and ummmm say 5 NI means that the average Cobrarino takes home 183.10.

But wait there's more.........

People start in them marketing companies at about 10am and finish (feeling nice) 9pm thats 13 hours a day. 65 hours per week.

That means my loverly people who want to join any company associated with the cobra group .. that you will be making a whooping 2.81 per hour.

And they tell you Maccy D's is bad.

Thank You and Good Night yb:

rip off britain.

4. 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Despite having absolutly NO sales experience I have just been offered a interview for a 'Sales Executive' position for a company called Oratory Commerce 2 in Kentish Town, London, although when applying via totaljobs.com the company name was 'Code3' (maybe more than a coincidence). Whilst trying to research both companies online to give me a better chance at the interview, I couldn't find websites or any info about either, just endless slating of Code Marketing and its affiliates.
    At first considering not attending my interview at all, but as I have time on my hands, I am going with a full arsenal of probing questions and the ultimate goal of telling them to f**k off and warn other potential victims of the scam!

Found a great site explaining how it works if you're interested:
    http://ukdirectmarketing.webs.com/

Thanks for pointing the scam out to me and I'll let you know how I get on!!

Oratory Commerce in Liverpool was Code Marketing - they had to change their name because of their terrible reputation!! Its still by the same Alex Pinker - he must have a new office in London is it is called Oratory Commerce 2!? Original....

I would avoid like the plague..........

Code Marketing was a scam, Oratory Commerce will be a scam!
    Last edited by MAN>MAN; 05-10-2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Okay I think my boyfriend has been sucked into one of these schemes.. Montana Marketing in Leicester, part of the Cobra group..

A bit of his background:
    *No GCSE's/ A levels
    *No sales experience
    *worked putting cones out on motorways for 3 years.
    *age 20

He got offered the job, then spent 5 days training (12 hours a day) with no pay at all. He earns commission only.

Out of 40 people that work there, he is one of the 5 that drive.. he has to drive about an hour to the field and an hour back each day. they pay their own fuel.

He has already been promoted to team leader, and is apparently the fastest person to be promoted.. but he hasn't made what i'd call a massive amount of sales ?!?!?

I've worked out he actually earns around 6 an hour if he makes the "average" 2 sales a day, if these are the highest paid sales.

I earn more than him with my part time job, and i'm a uni student too!

He has been told he should have his own business in about 2 years..

I'm really worries about him, he gets no proper breaks at work, works ridiculous hours, has hardly seen his family or friends at all. I wait up till 11 to see him, cook him dinner, then he falls asleep ! he doesnt get time to eat at work, and if he does its jsut take away crap...

also, he is encouraged to spend most of his free time in team building activities with his team, "the wolves", however he has to shell out a lot of m,money for these too !

i know i sound like a nag, but i am getting really worried. I'm quite afraid he's being taken for a ride, he seems brainwashed !

any advice would be great.
    Thanks

@jessie-lou

Your boyfriend won't listen to you... cause he's brainwashed by the Cobra group... nothing you can do, they offered him a prospect of tens of thousends of pounds all you offer him is dinner :P... Srry for being crude but that's probably the way it is.. You can try telling him, if he does the math, that the average Cobra-employee earns about 1,50 an hour, works ridiculious hours without benefits... Don't get me wrong he COULD make a lot of money but he'd be one of the exceptions... Tell him that even if he does make a lot.... get's his team sales up... becomes assistent owner... and ultimatly get his, as they call it, "own" business, it won't be HIS.. He CAN'T sell "his" company.. he WON'T be able to sell the goodwill he worked for and he'll walk away with nothing....

But.. as I said before... he probably won't listen, work for them a while and then discover that it's probably not for him... hopefully for you "a while" doesn't mean 6 years....

good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by DussyXL View Post
    @jessie-lou

Your boyfriend won't listen to you... cause he's brainwashed by the Cobra group... nothing you can do, they offered him a prospect of tens of thousends of pounds all you offer him is dinner :P... Srry for being crude but that's probably the way it is.. You can try telling him, if he does the math, that the average Cobra-employee earns about 1,50 an hour, works ridiculious hours without benefits... Don't get me wrong he COULD make a lot of money but he'd be one of the exceptions... Tell him that even if he does make a lot.... get's his team sales up... becomes assistent owner... and ultimatly get his, as they call it, "own" business, it won't be HIS.. He CAN'T sell "his" company.. he WON'T be able to sell the goodwill he worked for and he'll walk away with nothing....

But.. as I said before... he probably won't listen, work for them a while and then discover that it's probably not for him... hopefully for you "a while" doesn't mean 6 years....

good luck..

@Dussy..

thanks .. i think haha ! i;ve spoke to him, he's looked at all this and has agreed to at least look at another job..
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by jessie-lou View Post
    Okay I think my boyfriend has been sucked into one of these schemes.. Montana Marketing in Leicester, part of the Cobra group..

A bit of his background:
    *No GCSE's/ A levels
    *No sales experience
    *worked putting cones out on motorways for 3 years.
    *age 20

He got offered the job, then spent 5 days training (12 hours a day) with no pay at all. He earns commission only.

Out of 40 people that work there, he is one of the 5 that drive.. he has to drive about an hour to the field and an hour back each day. they pay their own fuel.

He has already been promoted to team leader, and is apparently the fastest person to be promoted.. but he hasn't made what i'd call a massive amount of sales ?!?!?

I've worked out he actually earns around 6 an hour if he makes the "average" 2 sales a day, if these are the highest paid sales.

I earn more than him with my part time job, and i'm a uni student too!

He has been told he should have his own business in about 2 years..

I'm really worries about him, he gets no proper breaks at work, works ridiculous hours, has hardly seen his family or friends at all. I wait up till 11 to see him, cook him dinner, then he falls asleep ! he doesnt get time to eat at work, and if he does its jsut take away crap...

also, he is encouraged to spend most of his free time in team building activities with his team, "the wolves", however he has to shell out a lot of m,money for these too !

i know i sound like a nag, but i am getting really worried. I'm quite afraid he's being taken for a ride, he seems brainwashed !

any advice would be great.
    Thanks
    Do you know anything else about this company?

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin9a View Post
    Do you know anything else about this company?
    If it sounded like a scam 3 years ago, what makes you think it has changed?

If you came here to find out if it's legit, take away that most likely it's not.

If you came preach how great it is... I'd advise don't bother.