+ Reply to Thread

Re: Veronichka@lenta.ru - Veronika

Thanks for posting up copies of a romance type scammer. Making the scammer's addresses and emails googlable is a great way to slow them down.

You do realise that the pictures sent to you and that you just posted are probably are not of the person who sent the emails, don't you? They are probably stolen off some model's website or were sent to the scammer from a victim. So you may have just posted up some innocent person's pictures on a scam website. I would suggest you at least put a watermark on them saying 'used by a scammer', otherwise you are implying the person in the pictures is the scammer and you don't have any evidence of that. Putting a watermark on them will aslo keep other scammers from copying them from this site and using them in another scam.

In my signature line are 2 sites that would love to add your scammer to their collection, in fact you might even find your scammer over at one or both of the sites.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

here..; th next letter and pictures..

Hello again, dear friend Chris! Nice to read your letter! thanks for sincerity and honesty-i have a wonderful gift in making it out in people. I understand that Internet is such a place where everybody can say anything, but i am sure in my 6th feeling and in my practice:) I feel that you were honest with me and i hope it will be with every your new letter. I promise to do the same.
    Oh, you know, i have heard about using messengers and even communication on-line with a web cam. But you know, unfortunately i don't have Internet at home and usually write you from the small Internet cafe near my work. It's quite small, only several computers, and administration here is not interested in organizing some video chats and so on. And of course i can't download or install anything here by myself. Sorry.
    Oh, as you might know from my profile, i know English well and i write you without any helpers. My father always dreamed me to become an interpreter and i had a lot of classes of English. But i dreamed about being a jurist and entered this university. But i think my knowledge of English is very useful and i will be glad if it will help me to find my second half now:) Why abroad? i don't know...Why not to try? I heard that men abroad are more serious and family oriented!
    My family-father, mother and elder sister. Also i have a Granny who lives in near village. My family is nice and loving. My father works as a builder and my mother-in shop. My sister is 27 years old. She is not married and lives with us. My parents worry very much about her private life as in our country all the girls should get married before 25 years otherwise people will put them on a shelf. I am not very agree with that, because the main is not just get married, but to be with beloved man, to find your second half. On the other hand, i know that the best time for giving a birth to babies is from 18 till 26, so....Oh, sorry for all this my philosophy:) Sometimes i can be really talkative, hope you don't mind:)
    I'll be waiting you to share your thoughts about that!
    just Veronika.
    Last edited by atav; 03-26-2010 at 04:19 PM.

:cwm2: I got the exact same letter!! :zx11pissed:

4. 03-27-2010, 01:52 AM

i did mistake about this person, she is not a scammer, she just sent same letter to several men.. she never asked me money or something like this. as it was not possible to edit the post after someone answered i wrote this text. sorry.

atav says:
    she just sent same letter to several men
    Of course she did, that is what she does. She sends the exact same email #1 to thousands of people, if someone responds, she sends email #2, then #3, and on and on. She might add a personal sentence at the end or not. She probably has 30 or more cut-n-pasted emails she sends out.

Each one says something like, you are her soulmate, she is falling for you, she wants to visit. She will send you pretty pictures stolen from a modeling website, she will mention her mother and how hard life is where ever she is pretending she is living. The dream of traveling or moving overseas is always there along with going to university and getting married (to a stranger she has been emailing for a few weeks, of course).

Any pictures you send 'her' will be used to scam others as she pretends to be you.

she never asked me money
    Don't worry, the request for money will come, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will come. She will need cash send via Western Union to pay her internet bill so she can continue emailing you or she needs cash sent to her 'travel arranger' to pay for visa, plane ticket or whatever travel expenses she dreams up. Always by Western Union or moneygram as no one she knows can get to a bank account to cash a check/money order/traveler's check, even the 'travel agent' demands cash and she has to use that 'agent' as she has signed some mysterious contract without any way to pay for her 'traveling'.

Google her name, email address and sentences in the email, you will probably find other posts about her.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com