+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SWIPEBIDS.COM scam

I was on Ebay looking for a computer. There was one at the bottom of Ebays list and I clicked on it which took me to the Bells n Whistles and clocks counting down called Swipebids.com with a whole bunch of computers to bid on BLARING IN MY FACE. I put in my credit card information which is normal if you want to bid like on Ebay but thats not the way this site works..................
    They have to the left of the credit card info ALREADY CHECKED A PACKAGE OF BIDS FOR $150 THAT IF YOU PUT IN YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION YOU AUTOMATICALLY HAVE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR 450 BIDS (LAS VEGAS STYLE) WITHOUT REALIZING IT. NOW YOU MUST USE THESE - WHICH IS A JOKE IN AND OF ITSELF. When I realized that it was a mistake, I immediately called them and said that I thought I was on Ebay and didn't want to bid on this site with all the bells, whistles, clocks going up and down, and I wanted to cancel this and zero out this mistake. Jackie cancelled my membership and said she zeroed out the money, which was a lie. She zeroed out the membership but they billed my Bank for $150 the next day march 12, 2010. I called back and Jackie said she couldn't give me any money back. That it would upset the bidding. March 13, 2010, I called the billing dept and they gave me the same answer. She said that they already cancelled my membership and I don't get any money back. SHE WAS SORRY BUT SAID YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT WE ALREADY HAD THE $150 PACKAGE CHECKED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AS THAT IS THE MOST ORDERED PACKAGE. I explained that I didn't check any package but was just trying to order a computer, the answer was still - OH WELL. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO FOR YOU MISS WOODY? YES, YOU CAN REFUND MY MONEY NOW FOR THE 4TH TIME THAT I'VE ASKED.................

I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN TO EVERY AGENCY THAT I CAN THINK OF AND IF ANY OF YOU KNOW OF MORE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THESE PEOPLE ARE DIRECTLY MIS-LEADING THE PUBLIC BY TAKING MONEY AND NOT PROVIDING A REFUND POLICY WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF A MISTAKE.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?

Re: SWIPEBIDS.COM scam

Quote Originally Posted by perilsofpauline View Post
    I was on Ebay looking for a computer. There was one at the bottom of Ebays list and I clicked on it which took me to the Bells n Whistles and clocks counting down called Swipebids.com with a whole bunch of computers to bid on BLARING IN MY FACE. I put in my credit card information which is normal if you want to bid like on Ebay but thats not the way this site works..................
    They have to the left of the credit card info ALREADY CHECKED A PACKAGE OF BIDS FOR $150 THAT IF YOU PUT IN YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION YOU AUTOMATICALLY HAVE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR 450 BIDS (LAS VEGAS STYLE) WITHOUT REALIZING IT. NOW YOU MUST USE THESE - WHICH IS A JOKE IN AND OF ITSELF. When I realized that it was a mistake, I immediately called them and said that I thought I was on Ebay and didn't want to bid on this site with all the bells, whistles, clocks going up and down, and I wanted to cancel this and zero out this mistake. Jackie cancelled my membership and said she zeroed out the money, which was a lie. She zeroed out the membership but they billed my Bank for $150 the next day march 12, 2010. I called back and Jackie said she couldn't give me any money back. That it would upset the bidding. March 13, 2010, I called the billing dept and they gave me the same answer. She said that they already cancelled my membership and I don't get any money back. SHE WAS SORRY BUT SAID YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT WE ALREADY HAD THE $150 PACKAGE CHECKED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AS THAT IS THE MOST ORDERED PACKAGE. I explained that I didn't check any package but was just trying to order a computer, the answer was still - OH WELL. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO FOR YOU MISS WOODY? YES, YOU CAN REFUND MY MONEY NOW FOR THE 4TH TIME THAT I'VE ASKED.................

I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN TO EVERY AGENCY THAT I CAN THINK OF AND IF ANY OF YOU KNOW OF MORE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THESE PEOPLE ARE DIRECTLY MIS-LEADING THE PUBLIC BY TAKING MONEY AND NOT PROVIDING A REFUND POLICY WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF A MISTAKE.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?
    I had the same thing happen to me. I hit the button once, it turned my card down. I had the proper "1 dollar for 10" button clicked. I had to fill the info out again and didn't realize that it defaulted back to the $150. I am just calling my bank. They'll remove it. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll remove it for you. The stupid bitch on the chat function is nothing but a scam artist as well. CALL YOUR BANK IMMEDIATELY!

I have the whole story... after a lengthy chat session with them today.

1)suppose I buy 300 bids for $150.00, the standard package.
    2) I bid 100 times on the macbook (total cost to me at this point is $50.00 I will never get this back).
    3) the timer runs out on the macbook after a total of 5500 bids were put on it, my 100th bid being the last one.
    4) The macbook now has a $55.00 price tag = 5500x$0.01 (one cent per bid put on the item)
    5)I now have to pay the product price ($55.00) at this time and the shipping/handling
    6) the item is shipped.

In the end you pay $50.00 (in step 2) for the "chance" of getting to step 3.

**Notice if you spend all your 300 bids and never win an auction. They will reimburse you... BUT ONLY ONCE. In other words if you never win, you receive nothing for the $150.00 you spent in step 1.

THE ABOVE CAN BE SUMMARIZED AS FOLLOWS.....
    you give me $200.00 and I "might" sell my tv to you for $5.00.... as long as somebody else isn't willing to give me $201.00 to earn the same privilege. Or somebody else willing to give me $202.00 to earn the same privilege.... etc.

In the end I parted with my tv for a mere $5.00, however I received thousands of dollars from people. Some of which I will refund under certain conditions i.e..... if this is your first time in my store I will give you back your $200.00 or such. For the others that have attempted to buy from me before, and never actually received anything... TOO BAD, I am keeping your money.

TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE... why do they push the credit packs so hard.... i.e.. customer statements indicating starting with winning auctions on credit packs was the way to go...

------------------------------THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS-------------------------------------------------
    *REMEMBER WITH EVERY BID... the price goes up by $0.01.

SUPPOSE you win an auction for $400.00 in store credit for the entire $150.00 you initially put in.

Now suppose you want to win the tv, armed with $400.00 instead of just the $150.00 you came in with. SOUNDS GREAT.

Now suppose the tv auction goes as follows...
    Person A: starts at $20.00 to purchase the tv for $5.00
    Person B: $21.00 to purchase the tv for $5.01
    Person A: $22.00 for $5.02
    Person A: $23.00 for $5.03
    Person B: bids 399.00 for $9.00
    Person A: bids $400.00 for $9.01.
    Person B: bids $401.00 (all of their store credit) to purchase the tv for $9.02.

Now person A, has previously won an auction --- the auction where he won the $400.00 in store credit.
    So in the end person A, has spent their initial $150.00 and received nothing.

Assuming person B actually paid for their $401.00 (doubtful--- likely they did the same that person A had done prior)

In the end I the merchant would have received a total of $150.00 + $401.00 + $9.01 = $560.01.

But really I sold the tv to you for $9.01. SOUNDS LIKE A SWEET DEAL. If you didn't win, maybe you could give me more money, bid on more "bid packs" and get lucky next time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERAL WHAT A SCAM... charging people for a chance to buy something. And following it up with charging them incrementally more as they take more chances, and I give chances away (which also increases the price).
    Last edited by mmschnei; 04-25-2010 at 02:32 PM.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?
    Yes, there are a number of things that you can do to make their lives miserable. First off, patience and persistence is of the utmost importance here. If you don't have a day or two or three to dedicate to making their lives miserable, don't bother because they're pretty darn persistent as well. I'll give you the one that is easy and effective. If it doesn't work, I've got others. This one worked for me though. They were so annoyed with me that they would have paid me an additional $150 just to get rid of me I believe. First off, find yourself a good computer "REDIALING" system. You can purchase them online for about $30 bucks or so. Your computer may even come stock with one. Next, they've got an 800 number that you plug into the re dialing system. The rest is obvious. You achieve two things here. First, you annoy the heck out of them. You're not doing anything illegal either, you're simply trying to call and get your money back. If someone answers and says "hello", you pick up your phone and let them know it's you, this way you're not breaking any laws. They won't call the police either. Why? Well, would a drug dealer go to the police if they sold bunk drugs to someone on the street? Doubtful, although I've met some pretty dumb people in my life....

Anyway, next, you're charging their phone each time they pick up. You do that over a hundred times a day, it adds up. Those redialers can dial and dial and dial and they don't get tired. Next, I suggest you report them to every agency as well. That is the ONLY way they'll be forced to stop. I reported them to EVERY SINGLE AGENCY I COULD FIND, including some which may not even have been U.S. bound! I was angry as heck. The same thing happened to me... these guys are complete scammers! Anyway, try that out for size, let me know. If you don't want to buy a redialer, then simply use your cell phone or home phone but remember, NO BREAKS, CONSTANT DIALING, CONSTANT ANNOYANCE and NO THREATS! That will only get you in trouble. Do it with smarts and persistence, which will win every time. Good luck!

They are major scum scam. The paragraph about their lawyers cking this out etc they know they are crooks.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?

I hope one of the first places you reported it to was Ebay. Maybe they don't yet know about this "company's" reputation. They need to be banned from Ebay.

You can report them on www.traderlist.com also as a lot of people read that site.

That site is a good idea, however, my advise is talk to your bank asap, do not let the days go by, usually your bank can help you.

I had been scammed in the past by things like Google Cash style schemes and I resolved the matter with my bank.

They might not always decide in your favor but I think that is your best shot at getting your money back.

Although the "annoy them" plan laid our above could be fun and effective as well.

Well, this website is definitely a SCAM. Please don't even try going to the website.

After I stupidly got conned to registering, I thought I'll make the most of the experience. I finally won 2 measly little items. After a few days they told me they can't ship the items to me, in Australia!

Now, the chat with this Maddy offered me 300 bids at no cost, 50% of last purchase price (which was only .05c) and 50% of my membership (which is $75). I kept asking what items they can ship and she never replied. I said that they just want me to get the extra bidding, bid for items and hope that I won't win anything!

This is the detail of the chat:
    Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Maddy'
    Maddy: Thank you for visiting SwipeBids. We are here to help you win auctions, save money and have a great time. Who am I speaking with?
    you: CEcilia
    Maddy: Ok, how may I assist you?
    you: I just received an email, from management,that the 2 items I won (slap chop & Snuggie blanket can't be ship, WHY?
    Maddy: Could you please provide me with your full name and email address, so that I can pull up your details?
    you: What can you ship to my address?

Maddy: Please wait while I check your order details in our system.
    Maddy: Yes, you have purchased your won items.
    Maddy: We will ship your product within 72 hours of receiving the final payment from you. If you are in the continental United States you should receive it in 1 to 2 weeks. If you live outside of the USA, shipping normally takes an extra 3 days.
    you: I just received the email this 4:15am and it says: "Dear Customer, Congratulations on your win on SwipeBids.com! Unfortunately we are unable to ship your won item Allstar Snuggie Blanket to this address. Please find that your account has been refunded and we are awarding you with $100 in free bids for this inconvenience. Please accept our apologies. Thank you SwipeBids Management __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5075 (20100430) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5075 (20100430) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com"
    you: this same message I got for the slap chop
    Maddy: One moment please.
    Maddy: Yes, We can't ship to your address so you have been refunded and We have added $100 worth bids to your account.
    you: If you can't ship small items what can you ship to my address so I don't waste my time and money bidding? I've spent $282, including the initially $300, $53.23 for swipebids pack, $58.70 for another swipebids plus the items I won. If you can't ship just refund the whole $282 which you charged to my credit card, NOT REFUND IN BIDS, then I can forget bidding and using your website.
    you: $150 for the 300 bidding pack (not $300)
    Maddy: To review the disclosure of our refund policy:
    Maddy: Please CLICKHERE (http://www.swipebidscs.com/service_enq2.php ) this was on your checkout page as you confirmed your membership purchase. These disclosures have been approved by our attorneys, and comply with strict credit card regulations issued by your bank. I do not have the authority to refund your membership purchase, but I have been authorized by my manager to offer you 500 free bids at no additional charge which is a $300.00 value. This would be a great opportunity for you to bid and win valuable products. Would you be happy with this incredible offer?
    you: BUT WHAT IF EVERYTIME I WIN YOU JUST SAY YOU CAN'T SHIP???
    you: THAT MEANS I'M JUST GOING TO FINISH AND SPEND ALL MY "FREE BIDS"?
    Maddy: This is will not happen again.
    you: THEN YOU'RE JUST GONNA WAIT FOR ME TO KEEP BIDDING, IN THE HOPE THAT I DON'T WIN ANYTHING
    Maddy: Would you be happy with this incredible offer?
    you: I'LL CHECK WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.
    Maddy: Customer service and satisfaction is our top priority so I have talked with my manager again, and I have been authorized to credit you the promised bids at no additional charge, and as well to refund you 50% of your last purchase. This is a value of $300.00 in free bids, plus a 50% refund of your membership purchase being offered. We don't do this for many customers, so it's a good opportunity for you to have another try at bidding and to see the value in this incredible offer presented. Shall I go ahead and credit your bids and refund you 50%?
    you: NO, BECAUSE THERE AREN'T A LOT OF THINGS TO BUY. why were you not able to ship, you haven't answered that?
    you: If you're willing to refund the 50%, why can't you just refund the whole $282 or even the $250, the rest I
    you: I'll just charge to experience?
    you: I don't need to bid for anything if you're offering the same items and they can't be shipped. Your website did say you SHIP to Australia
    you: You have my mobile number, do make you're manager ring me on +61403021684 so I can talk to him/her. I don't think this is acceptable.
    you: still there Maddy?
    Maddy: Please email us regarding your this concern at : [email protected] where your concern will be addressed by our supervisors and they will help you further regarding your this concern.
    you: overseas call to australia, from the US, doesn't cost much. I need you to refer to your manager now and let him ring me. This is unacceptable.
    Maddy: To get assistance via phone, please call this number: 1-866-389-3870 (Mon – Sat 8 am - 9 pm Eastern Mountain Time, and Sundays 10 am – 6 pm Eastern Mountain Time).
    you: You're the one with problem shipping my items, you're the one who's supposed to spend! I've spent a lot already!
    Maddy: Please make your call or send an email, it will be short out.
    you: Simple, if you can't ship to my address in Australia, WHICH YOU HAPPILY ACCEPTED and I PAID THEN JUST REFUND AT LEAST $250 in CASH and I'll forget this website!
    you: or I'll to the hundreds of blogs about the website and about how it is a scam! $250 may not be much to you BUT it is a lot to me. Pls just refund the $250 and where even
    you: I don't want to waste anymore time, SO PLEASE PROCESS THE $250 REFUND and I'm OUT. You've got already a lot in blogs, my regret I should have researched more before I accidentally hit enter
    Maddy: You will have to send an email.
    you: YOU'RE REALLY SUCH A SCAM!
    Maddy: SwipeBids is most certainly not a scam. Though given how great some of our bargains are, I can understand why you might be suspicious. We are a company that sells products directly to consumers after they have won one of our auctions. Because of the high volume of sales we have and the income we generate through bids, we are able to let people purchase products at a much lower cost than normal retail. And because we are the ones shipping the products, we have much more control over the process – unlike other auction sites that let people sell their own products. I hope this clarifies your concern.
    you: YOU CAN PROCESS THE 50% WHY CAN'T YOU REFUND THE FULL AMOUNT i SPENT ON THE BID PACKS AS WELL?
    Maddy: As I said, please send an email or make your call. You will get this issue solved.
    Your chat transcript will be sent to [email protected] at the end of your chat.
    you: how much total are you offering? 50% of last purchase (.05 at most), plus 50% of membership purchased ($75)? do you HONESTLY think this is good deal?
    Maddy: We have fully refunded for won items.
    you: There are already 5000 blogs about your business, you think you can still operate for long?
    you: ok, itemise the amount you're giving me so I can see how it's going to fare with my spending of $250. You still haven't told me, WHAT CAN YOU SHIP????
    Maddy: Could you please send an email regarding this?
    Maddy: You will get complete reply why your won item is not going to ship.
    you: WHERE DO I EMAIL?
    Maddy: [email protected]
    you: I GOT THE EMAIL ALREADY, BUT IT'S GENERIC REPLY."

I hope no one else gets conned by this website

Well, this website is definitely a SCAM. Please don't even try going to the website.

After I stupidly got conned to registering, I thought I'll make the most of the experience. I finally won 2 measly little items. After a few days they told me they can't ship the items to me, in Australia!

Now, the chat with this Maddy offered me 300 bids at no cost, 50% of last purchase price (which was only .05c) and 50% of my membership (which is $75). I kept asking what items they can ship and she never replied. I said that they just want me to get the extra bidding, bid for items and hope that I won't win anything!

This is the detail of the chat:
    Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Maddy'
    Maddy: Thank you for visiting SwipeBids. We are here to help you win auctions, save money and have a great time. Who am I speaking with?
    you: CEcilia
    Maddy: Ok, how may I assist you?
    you: I just received an email, from management,that the 2 items I won (slap chop & Snuggie blanket can't be ship, WHY?
    Maddy: Could you please provide me with your full name and email address, so that I can pull up your details?
    you: What can you ship to my address?

Maddy: Please wait while I check your order details in our system.
    Maddy: Yes, you have purchased your won items.
    Maddy: We will ship your product within 72 hours of receiving the final payment from you. If you are in the continental United States you should receive it in 1 to 2 weeks. If you live outside of the USA, shipping normally takes an extra 3 days.
    you: I just received the email this 4:15am and it says: "Dear Customer, Congratulations on your win on SwipeBids.com! Unfortunately we are unable to ship your won item Allstar Snuggie Blanket to this address. Please find that your account has been refunded and we are awarding you with $100 in free bids for this inconvenience. Please accept our apologies. Thank you SwipeBids Management __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5075 (20100430) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5075 (20100430) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com"
    you: this same message I got for the slap chop
    Maddy: Yes, We can't ship to your address so you have been refunded and We have added $100 worth bids to your account.
    you: If you can't ship small items what can you ship to my address so I don't waste my time and money bidding? I've spent $282, including the initially $300, $53.23 for swipebids pack, $58.70 for another swipebids plus the items I won. If you can't ship just refund the whole $282 which you charged to my credit card, NOT REFUND IN BIDS, then I can forget bidding and using your website.
    you: $150 for the 300 bidding pack (not $300)
    Maddy: To review the disclosure of our refund policy:
    Maddy: Please CLICKHERE (http://www.swipebidscs.com/service_enq2.php ) this was on your checkout page as you confirmed your membership purchase. These disclosures have been approved by our attorneys, and comply with strict credit card regulations issued by your bank. I do not have the authority to refund your membership purchase, but I have been authorized by my manager to offer you 500 free bids at no additional charge which is a $300.00 value. This would be a great opportunity for you to bid and win valuable products. Would you be happy with this incredible offer?
    you: BUT WHAT IF EVERYTIME I WIN YOU JUST SAY YOU CAN'T SHIP???
    you: THAT MEANS I'M JUST GOING TO FINISH AND SPEND ALL MY "FREE BIDS"?
    Maddy: This is will not happen again.
    you: THEN YOU'RE JUST GONNA WAIT FOR ME TO KEEP BIDDING, IN THE HOPE THAT I DON'T WIN ANYTHING
    Maddy: Would you be happy with this incredible offer?
    you: I'LL CHECK WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.
    Maddy: Customer service and satisfaction is our top priority so I have talked with my manager again, and I have been authorized to credit you the promised bids at no additional charge, and as well to refund you 50% of your last purchase. This is a value of $300.00 in free bids, plus a 50% refund of your membership purchase being offered. We don't do this for many customers, so it's a good opportunity for you to have another try at bidding and to see the value in this incredible offer presented. Shall I go ahead and credit your bids and refund you 50%?
    you: NO, BECAUSE THERE AREN'T A LOT OF THINGS TO BUY. why were you not able to ship, you haven't answered that?
    you: If you're willing to refund the 50%, why can't you just refund the whole $282 or even the $250, the rest I
    you: I'll just charge to experience?
    you: I don't need to bid for anything if you're offering the same items and they can't be shipped. Your website did say you SHIP to Australia
    you: You have my mobile number, do make you're manager ring me on +61403021684 so I can talk to him/her. I don't think this is acceptable.
    you: still there Maddy?
    Maddy: Please email us regarding your this concern at : [email protected] where your concern will be addressed by our supervisors and they will help you further regarding your this concern.
    you: overseas call to australia, from the US, doesn't cost much. I need you to refer to your manager now and let him ring me. This is unacceptable.
    Maddy: To get assistance via phone, please call this number: 1-866-389-3870 (Mon – Sat 8 am - 9 pm Eastern Mountain Time, and Sundays 10 am – 6 pm Eastern Mountain Time).
    you: You're the one with problem shipping my items, you're the one who's supposed to spend! I've spent a lot already!
    you: Simple, if you can't ship to my address in Australia, WHICH YOU HAPPILY ACCEPTED and I PAID THEN JUST REFUND AT LEAST $250 in CASH and I'll forget this website!
    you: or I'll to the hundreds of blogs about the website and about how it is a scam! $250 may not be much to you BUT it is a lot to me. Pls just refund the $250 and where even
    you: I don't want to waste anymore time, SO PLEASE PROCESS THE $250 REFUND and I'm OUT. You've got already a lot in blogs, my regret I should have researched more before I accidentally hit enter
    Maddy: You will have to send an email.
    you: YOU'RE REALLY SUCH A SCAM!
    Maddy: SwipeBids is most certainly not a scam. Though given how great some of our bargains are, I can understand why you might be suspicious. We are a company that sells products directly to consumers after they have won one of our auctions. Because of the high volume of sales we have and the income we generate through bids, we are able to let people purchase products at a much lower cost than normal retail. And because we are the ones shipping the products, we have much more control over the process – unlike other auction sites that let people sell their own products. I hope this clarifies your concern.
    you: YOU CAN PROCESS THE 50% WHY CAN'T YOU REFUND THE FULL AMOUNT i SPENT ON THE BID PACKS AS WELL?
    Maddy: As I said, please send an email or make your call. You will get this issue solved.
    Your chat transcript will be sent to [email protected]inet.net.au at the end of your chat.
    you: how much total are you offering? 50% of last purchase (.05 at most), plus 50% of membership purchased ($75)? do you HONESTLY think this is good deal?
    Maddy: We have fully refunded for won items.
    you: There are already 5000 blogs about your business, you think you can still operate for long?
    you: ok, itemise the amount you're giving me so I can see how it's going to fare with my spending of $250. You still haven't told me, WHAT CAN YOU SHIP????
    Maddy: Could you please send an email regarding this?
    Maddy: You will get complete reply why your won item is not going to ship.
    you: WHERE DO I EMAIL?
    Maddy: [email protected]
    you: I GOT THE EMAIL ALREADY, BUT IT'S GENERIC REPLY."

I hope no one else gets conned by this website

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! THIS IS 100% SCAM!

The SCAM is SIMPLE! They get a whole bunch of people to sign up and pay for Bids. If you bid anything on an auction, you IMMEDIATELY lose your money if you don't win!

Since there is supposedly ONLY ONE winner, all of the other hundreds of people who Bid and LOST, just lost their money. That could be thousands of dollars on ONE Auction!!!

So Basically, you are BIDDING all of your money away on NOTHING! There is no guarantee that you will ever win!

This is like a LOTTERY not an AUCTION! The definition of an auction is the Bidders do NOT lose their money if they do NOT win the Auction. In a true auction, you do NOT pay any money unless you have won.

WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS and other sites like them. Another one is "SWOOPO"! I think they are the same company. Their websites are practically identical!!

So, I created an account on this forum JUST to hopefully help those that have had troubles with this site's sign-up theft. Here's a copy of how I got refunded the initial $150 (swipebids.....never again....) that was taken from me: (it's a screenshot of the chat, completely didn't think of just copying and pasting the conversation >_<;)
    http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...pebidschat.jpg

and here's a screenshot of an e-mail that came shortly after:
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7314/...undreceipt.jpg

I'll come back to this thread in 6-14 days to update my status on whether or not they kept their word.

here they are on the BBB site (in case anybody's wondering):
    http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-rev...em-ut-22270271

Their addresses for you BBB letters:

1021018 Alberta Ltd
    201, 85 Cranford Way
    Sherwood Park, AB T8H 0H9

SWIPEBIDS.COM
    20 SW 27th Street
    Pompano Beach, FL 33069

Swipebids.com
    906 West 400 South
    Orem, UT 84058

Quote Originally Posted by olddogandbabies View Post
    Their addresses for you BBB letters:
    The latter two are most likely just UPS stores /mailbox type addresses? As Swipebids is run by Jesse Willms Just Think Media (aka Terra Marketing Group) the real address is in Sherwood Park, near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

More information on the Swipebids scam can be found at penny auction watch and at scamraiders as well as at complaints board.

--
    Last edited by ukscambuster; 06-04-2010 at 04:04 PM.

This is an obvious answer. I say you should issue a charge back with your bank. Tell them that you never ordered it. Banks usually say "okay, whatever" and charge it back. If they hear BS from the scammers, they tell them to take you to court (which is doubtful they would win).