+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are ALL work at home jobs a scam?

Hi everyone, I'm new here (obviously) and I found this site in a search for a a website I was going to work with....but it appears to be a scam. (Impact worldwide if anyone cares)

So now I'm back to square one. Every online/work at home job I've looked into turns out to be a scam.

I'm not looking to quit my job or get rich. My wife had to quit her job due to health complicaitons with my 8 month old daughter's health.

Even with 2 incomes we were barrowing to "close to Debt/income ratio gap"

I know this is a terrible post since it will probably bring out all of the scammers that have ID's on this forum...but is there any work at home or online JOB (not home business) that is legit and can make a couple of g's a month?

Any reliable information that I could look into would be appreciated.

I aplogize to the mods if this is in the wrong place or is in anyway against the rules.

Thank you.

Re: Are ALL work at home jobs a scam?

No not all wah jobs are scams. Typically if you are asked for money for a "job" you are going to feel scammed. You have two options. You can start your own at home business in direct sales, ebay, affiliate advertising etc. or you can try to get a "job" at home. www.wahm.com has a listing that is updated regularly of available work at home "jobs". Don't fall for the "programs" "systems" or all the lists that are for sale and you will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by mfriedl1
    Hi everyone, I'm new here (obviously) and I found this site in a search for a a website I was going to work with....but it appears to be a scam. (Impact worldwide if anyone cares)

So now I'm back to square one. Every online/work at home job I've looked into turns out to be a scam.

I'm not looking to quit my job or get rich. My wife had to quit her job due to health complicaitons with my 8 month old daughter's health.

Even with 2 incomes we were barrowing to "close to Debt/income ratio gap"

I know this is a terrible post since it will probably bring out all of the scammers that have ID's on this forum...but is there any work at home or online JOB (not home business) that is legit and can make a couple of g's a month?

Any reliable information that I could look into would be appreciated.

I aplogize to the mods if this is in the wrong place or is in anyway against the rules.

Thank you.
    Me, too. I would like a job like that! I also got offers from instant human resources and impact world wide, which after reading enough to get a full blown headache I have established for myself to be scams. Unless you start your own business looks like I am back to the good old working at the office for someone else rutine.

mfried - Sounds like you need to be careful with the money,so stop giving it away. If you can afford to gamble then go whole hog - go to vegas - at least you have "some" chance of winning. Never, never, ever, ever "pay" for a job. Instead of "work at home" - try "work from home"! A new baby is always a big adjustment both financially and in lifestyle (by the way, Congratulations, I know she'll bring great joy to your lives).
    Since you are employed full-time, any extra income would have to be generated by your lovely and multi-talented wife, as your daughter is still a tad young. Her work experience will set the stage for your search. She will only be able to dedicate a few hours a day - well actually, they will most likely be in the evening (your time together?), but an added bonus will be her contact with the world "outside the home" - may not sound like much but it is. More good news - "babies are portable" - for short periods of time. I've been where you are now - there is a way - and it's your own way. You seem wise enough to avoid the con artists promising big bucks for little more than "all your money". Start with what you CAN do. Maybe the more reasonable choice is a change in your employment (but not usually). Ultimately, your decision must be made together and account for the needs of all three.

- I wish you the best!

Hi, :)

Not all work from home jobs are scams. I was scammed so many times but i found an outstanding directory which contains hundreds of legitimate companies with real jobs. Alot of the jobs in it you won't find anywhere on the internet or on all those work at home websites.

You never pay any of the companies in it to work for them. A christian mom who owns the directory only charges $5.00 for it. I work successfully from home, make great money and able to be with my kids, thanks to the directory. If you want the link you can pm me or email me at: [email protected]

I've been in a similar situation as yours; I quit my job after having my son thirteen years ago, and we were in debt up to our eyeballs, and living paycheck to paycheck. We were very poor for quite a while; we handled our debt through Consumer Credit Counseling Service, and received some government assistance. I went to college during this time (almost entirely paid for by government grants), so it's been quite an experience, and not all bad. We were really blessed when my husband got a great job.

I'm searching for a work from home job, too, and the search is a full time job in itself! What I've done is focused on my talents and skills and searched that way. For example, I'm very good with English, so I've spent a lot of time looking at jobs in the publishing industry including writing, but mostly proofreading and copyediting. I've found several websites that post these kinds of jobs specifically, and I've got a couple of applications in the works that just might pan out. I've been studying copyediting to brush up on my skills. I've also applied with some of the "legit" (at least, I think so) data entry services and spend time practicing my typing and ten-key to improve my skills. Also, I happen to know for certain that there are legitimate online tutoring companies; I worked for one of them for two years. The company I worked for required its tutors to have a bachelor's degree, or be currently enrolled in a four year university, but I don't know if all of them require it. I've been visiting this site frequently, checking up on who's legit, and who's not. It's been a great help, and very educational! I have only responded to a few scams, and luckily never got far enough into them to lose money or get into trouble.

Don't lose hope, it just takes a lot of time and patience to find the "real" jobs. I suggest spending a good amount of time working on your (or your wife's) resume and really highlighting talents, skills, and even personality traits that make you appealing to employers.

Keep trying, and the best of luck to you!
    Rhonda
    Last edited by rstratton; 05-18-2006 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo

blindside Guest

They are all scams.......almost. Almost every work at home program that you see is really only designed to benefit the creator of the program. They make some big promises, flash cash and cars, and pretty much try to throw greed or need right into your face. I actually do work from home, but only through affiliate marketing. Its actually really simple, can be done quickly, and generates hundreds of dollars in profit for me daily. I"ve been doing it for a while so I kind of have the hang of it now.

Once you get the ball rolling in any online business from home, you will start to build confidence and even strive further. I'd suggest some affiliate programming, or you could always start out learning on ebay. Its cheap to post auctions and a great "IN" to what the online market world is like.

They key is to know that you can do this. If the will is there, the success will surely follow.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    mfried - Sounds like you need to be careful with the money,so stop giving it away. If you can afford to gamble then go whole hog - go to vegas - at least you have "some" chance of winning. Never, never, ever, ever "pay" for a job. Instead of "work at home" - try "work from home"! A new baby is always a big adjustment both financially and in lifestyle (by the way, Congratulations, I know she'll bring great joy to your lives).
    Since you are employed full-time, any extra income would have to be generated by your lovely and multi-talented wife, as your daughter is still a tad young. Her work experience will set the stage for your search. She will only be able to dedicate a few hours a day - well actually, they will most likely be in the evening (your time together?), but an added bonus will be her contact with the world "outside the home" - may not sound like much but it is. More good news - "babies are portable" - for short periods of time. I've been where you are now - there is a way - and it's your own way. You seem wise enough to avoid the con artists promising big bucks for little more than "all your money". Start with what you CAN do. Maybe the more reasonable choice is a change in your employment (but not usually). Ultimately, your decision must be made together and account for the needs of all three.

- I wish you the best!
    Linda you crack me up! You have such a way with words :)

Nevertheless... I completely agree. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I'm actually running 2 side businesses, studying to be a medical transcriptionist, and taking care of my 10-month-old daughter. It's definitely tough to do, but it's possible. Linda's right... if you need the extra money, your wife is the best person for the job. If she's interested in working FROM home... maybe have her think about what kind of products she likes or that she thinks she could sell and see if you can find a network marketing company that fits her (do your due dillegence before she joins ANY company though). Or maybe visit the wahm.com site and see if there's anything for her on there. or.. if she's interested in medical transcription, that's a good career. (PM me if she is, I can tell you the 2 top schools that are, in my opinion, the only 2 schools that should even be considered for MT). Medical transcription won't be good for up-front money though because you do have to go to school for it... and the schools cost money (no where near traditional colleges though).
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

Quote Originally Posted by blindside
    They are all scams.......almost. Almost every work at home program that you see is really only designed to benefit the creator of the program. They make some big promises, flash cash and cars, and pretty much try to throw greed or need right into your face. I actually do work from home, but only through affiliate marketing. Its actually really simple, can be done quickly, and generates hundreds of dollars in profit for me daily. I"ve been doing it for a while so I kind of have the hang of it now.

Once you get the ball rolling in any online business from home, you will start to build confidence and even strive further. I'd suggest some affiliate programming, or you could always start out learning on ebay. Its cheap to post auctions and a great "IN" to what the online market world is like.

They key is to know that you can do this. If the will is there, the success will surely follow.
    hundreds of dollars a day?! really? give me a break! what program is that?

Nelly I hate to tell you this but Linda is not exagerating. Affiliate advertising and websites are the heart of the internet and one of the best work from home businesses you can do. Now Im not talking about the people who do the clickbank thing. Im talking about traditional affiliate advertising. If you put up one website and it generates $20 a day you can feel pretty good about it. (That would be a pretty small unknown website by the way) What happens though when you put up 10 websites? You would then be generating hundreds of dollars a day literally. I know of people who run over 100 websites. They are making great money. I currently have 8 and within the next two years expect to have over 20. Now heres the catch.. You don't just throw up a website and it starts making money. It was over a year before I started making money from my first one and I was working over 12 hours a day. It is a good business but it takes a lot of work, learning and dedication.

Hey there, April - thanks for the compliment! You are absolutely correct on the "job training" courses. I've spent many hours researching this subject. If there's no market for the training - or (as you so wisely point out) no accreditation for a course - it's just money down the drain. Very sage advice!

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    Nelly I hate to tell you this but Linda is not exagerating. Affiliate advertising and websites are the heart of the internet and one of the best work from home businesses you can do. Now Im not talking about the people who do the clickbank thing. Im talking about traditional affiliate advertising. If you put up one website and it generates $20 a day you can feel pretty good about it. (That would be a pretty small unknown website by the way) What happens though when you put up 10 websites? You would then be generating hundreds of dollars a day literally. I know of people who run over 100 websites. They are making great money. I currently have 8 and within the next two years expect to have over 20. Now heres the catch.. You don't just throw up a website and it starts making money. It was over a year before I started making money from my first one and I was working over 12 hours a day. It is a good business but it takes a lot of work, learning and dedication.
    OK, the other guy said it was done quickly and easy and made hundreds of dollars a day. If you worked 12 hours a day for over a year before you made any money then its not for me.

It very well might not be for you Nelly and that is understandable! One thing I should have mentioned is that I have NEVER paid a dime for advertising. That is one of the reasons it took so long for me to start showing a return. There are people who spend a decent amount of money and advertise on heavily trafficked websites and they probably showed a return a lot sooner than I did. I still think it would take months before you saw anything though but that might just be my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    It very well might not be for you Nelly and that is understandable! One thing I should have mentioned is that I have NEVER paid a dime for advertising. That is one of the reasons it took so long for me to start showing a return. There are people who spend a decent amount of money and advertise on heavily trafficked websites and they probably showed a return a lot sooner than I did. I still think it would take months before you saw anything though but that might just be my opinion!
    But is it really a steady income?

That was and is my biggest fear. I have found it to be very steady though. If I take a few days off and don't work I will see a small decline in my income the next month. I have also found and I have nothing to back this up that the big difference for me was the search engines. When I hit the one year mark it was as if the search engines decided I was sticking around. I just hit the two year mark in March and in April I saw an increase in my traffic which means an increase in my income. April is also when I put up the other sites so I expect next year to see an increase in those as well. If you work everyday, update often (especially in the case of blogs) and be persistant it does pay off in the end.

No. Not all "At-Home" jobs are scams. There are some legitimate companies out there. One that I know of is located at and they have a program where you can sell a number of products for a commission and it won't cost you a cent to join. Seems they have a program you do pay money for, if you want higher commissions and more products to sell, but you don't have to join this program unless you want to.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 10-23-2007 at 11:47 AM.