+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCP Group?

FCP Group?

I have been applying for jobs on *****slist and today I recieved this email and it seems legit but I would like to make sure its not a scam and would really like some advice:

Company Name ; FCP Group Ltd

Detailed Job Description Office Assistant

The primary goal of the Office Assistant is to provide local customer
    support to our clients within North America. This includes providing
    convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the
    terms of sale.

You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance
    to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service
    via email.

Your duties will include:
    - Collecting Local Payments
    When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online
    auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay
    pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified
    check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local
    wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the
    options that the sales support representative will provide to the
    clients.

- Managing Data
    Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving
    details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price,
    and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing
    records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments
    Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission
    and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose
    information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to
    complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence
    You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly
    reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and
    are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:

Date: August 2, '09
    Buyer: John R. Smith
    Item: Jowissa Men's Watch
    Price: $ 1,921.27
    Commission 5%: $96.1
    Fees: $ 50
    Total Forwarded: $1775.9
    Forwarded to: Godwin Newton, Whitefield ,United Kingdom
    Reference Numbers: 23497839

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures
    All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are
    simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you
    during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the
    trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email
    in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks
    you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments,
    along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be
    forwarding the received payments through wire service.

-Salary
    During the trial period, you will be paid 1,800USD per month while
    working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission
    from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your
    base pay salary will go up to 2,400USD per month, plus 5% commission.

-Taxes
    You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All
    applicable taxes are covered by the company.

- To Apply
    Kindly fill out your personal information below for immediate
    consideration of this position so you can get started as soon as
    possible

Personal Information
    Full Name :
    Full Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip/Postal code:
    Home phone :
    Cell phone:
    Recent occupation:

The employee,acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
    and signed _______________
    (First Name and Last Name of Employee)

I replied and received this email:

Congratulations!!

Your Information was reviewed and You've qualified for our Payment Personnel Position.i want you to acknowledge that you are working for FCP GROUP LTD as a representative that will be in charge of all payment coming in your area,,Please we will like to know how honest you are and how can we trust you with our funds. Also we will like to know how often you get on the Internet because our job requires much checking of your email.

Please answer these Questions below........................

* Can we trust you with the money?
    * Will you deposit the check the same day you get it?

An instruction on how to cash any check that would be sent to you by any of our customer would be sent to you in our next email.After you have answered the questions above.

Please get back to us as soon as possible.
    Thank you,
    Management.
    FCP GROUP LTD.

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. I am very interested.

Re: FCP Group?

Sorry, Jenny,

but you've fallen victim to a GIANT scammer.

The key is in these lines:

* Can we trust you with the money?
    * Will you deposit the check the same day you get it
    It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.
    What the fraudster wants you to do is bank cheques in your account, deduct your expenses and "commission" then forward the balance to him.

The cheques will either be stolen, forgeries or from out of state.

If you have an established account, the bank will generally credit your account 4 or 5 days after depositing.

HOWEVER, the actual time taken by the bank to validate the cheque can be up to 30 days.

when the bank discovers the status of the fraudulent cheques, YOU WILL BE HELD LIABLE for the total amount of the deposits.

There is also a very real chance of you being charged by the police for passing fake and/or stolen cheques.

Fake cheques

Fraudulent checks and money orders are key elements in many advance-fee scams, such as auction/classified listing overpayment, lottery scams, inheritance scams, etc, and can be used in almost any scam when a "payment" to the victim is required to gain, regain or further solidify the victims' trust and confidence in the validity of the scheme.

The use of checks in a scam hinges on a US law (and common practice in other countries) concerning checks: when an account holder presents a check for deposit or to cash, the bank must (or in other countries, usually) make the funds available to the account holder within 1-5 business days, regardless of how long it actually takes for the check to clear and funds to be transferred from the issuing bank.[27] The checks clearing process normally takes 710 days and can in fact take up to a month when dealing with foreign banks. The time between the funds appearing as available to the account holder and the check clearing is known as the "float", during which time the bank could technically be said to have floated a loan to the account holder to be covered with the funds from the bank clearing the check.

The check given to the victim is typically counterfeit but drawn on a real account with real funds in it. With a piece of software like QuickBooks and/or pre-printed blank check stock, using the correct banking information, the scammer can easily print a check that is absolutely genuine-looking, passes all counterfeit tests, and may even clear the paying account if the account information is accurate and the funds are available. However, whether it clears or not, it eventually becomes apparent either to the bank or the account holder that the check is a forgery. This can be as little as three days after the funds are available if the bank supposedly covering the check discovers the check information is invalid, or it could take months for a business or individual to notice the fraudulent draft on their account. It has been suggested that in some cases the check is genuine - however the fraudster has a friend (or bribes an official) at the paying bank to claim it is a fake weeks or even months later when the physical checks arrives back at the paying bank.

Regardless of the amount of time involved, once the cashing bank is alerted that the cheque is fraudulent, the transaction is reversed and the money removed from the victim's account. In many cases, this puts victims in debt to their banks as the victim has usually sent a large portion of the check by some non-reversible 'wire transfer' means (typically Western Union) to the scammer and, since more uncollected funds have been sent than funds otherwise present in the victim's account, an overdraft results.
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Sorry Jenny2681, as littleroundman said, that is the 'cash the fake check and Western Union the cash back to the scammer' type fake job.

Any 'job' that asks you to print, mail or cash checks is fake.

Any 'job' that asks you to open a bank account to accept 'deposits' is fake.

Any 'job' that asks you to correct the grammar in a non-English speaking person's email is fake.

Any 'job' that asks you to use Western Union or moneygram is fake.

Block the email and don't bother responding. However, since you have responded to one scammer, dozens more will show up in your email. All will sound about the same, in the end the scammer just wants cash from you.

When in doubt or just a bit curious, ask here and on every fraud-watching-scam-warning site you can find.

Learning how to read an email header is a great tool to find out where an email really came from and can help you determine some of the fakes.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Thank u SO much. After thinking about it for a while, I started to have a bad feeling about the whole thing. And the things that sparked my interest were the exact points that you made. I almost fell victim to a scam like this before where a girl wanted me to babysit her daughter for about a 6-week period. She mailed me a check for almost $2000 and she wanted me to deposit it, take my portion of what she was "paying" me and wire her the rest of the $. I actually got the check, and held on to it for a while. I started getting very angry emails from the girl wanting to know where the money was, etc which is really what tipped me off. I ended up tearing the check up and telling the girl to leave me alone.
    So the more I thought about this "job offer" the more sketchy it seemed to me. The spelling and grammar mistakes were a red flag also, lol. I also tried and tried to find any info possible about FCP Group and found nothing. When I emailed the guy about a website, he told me it was under construction. PFFFT! Thanks again for the advice!

I was scammed by this company. Does anyone have the email address that they used? I am cooperating with local authorities to find these people and any information would be helpful. I know they have used several different email addreses. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Tammy

I am sorry to hear that you were scammed. There is probably little that law enforcement can do, the scammer uses a free email address that is changed frequently, the name of the company, his name and the street addresses used are all fake. The cash is picked up from Western Union in another country. You could check with other scam-warning-fraud-watching sites, someone there might have more information and I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I went through those emails with the company. But they are so impersonal. it had a man's name...."sam patel" but it doesnt sound like an actual person talking to me. Also, what would they be paying me so much money for? It doesn't sound like enough work for the money. So, I googled the company name, and found an engineering company....hmm. Then, I found this. The email they used with me is "arkitchatelam@gmail.com"
    Hope that alias name and email help with the investigation. :)

I applied for the same job, and within a few days "Sam Patel" sent me a first task and a check in the mail for $3,200 that I was supposed to wire to some lady in New York after keeping my 5%. Total scam-glad I didn't fall for it.

Tammy21-
    The guys name was "Sam Patel." The email he used to contact me was "fcpgroinc@fcpgro.com".

He also contacted me on my cell phone through three different like IM numbers I believe they were. Here are the usernames for those:
    "jlennox12" - "cjseekingfortresure" - "pshl@rocketmail.com"

I am reporting it to my local authorities as well-hopefully we can get this (fill in your own word) stopped!!

Hi,
    I just had the same thing happen to me. We were really confused from where the check came from so I assumed it was for my internship stipend, which made no sense since the address where it was coming from was not the internship. I deposited the check because I didn't know what else to do with it but the money is not touched. Sam Patel has been emailing me all morning, what do I do? I just would like to get out of the mess.

Whatever you do, don't cash it and wire the money on to someone else like he's probably asking you to. Contact your local authorities and your bank regarding the scam and see if they can direct you on what to do. And if you want him to leave you alone-start questioning his business and challenge his answers. Worked quite quickly for me! :) Hope this helps!!!

I got the same e-mail as Jenny2681, from Samuel Altman[altfcp@fcpgro.com]
    except the position was secretary/file clerk.

The heading of the email was:

Company Name ; CFP Group Limited
    Detailed Job Description Secretary/File clerk
    At the end of the e-mail, which I hardly read because I've been applying for many jobs and e-mailing like clockwork, there was this:

To Apply
    Kindly fill out your personal information below for immediate
    consideration of this position so you can get started as soon as
    possible
    Personal Information
    Full Name :
    Full Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip/Postal code:
    Home phone :
    Cell phone:
    Recent occupation:
    The employee,acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
    and signed _______________
    (First Name and Last Name of Employee)
    Same as Jenny. Unfortunately I e-mailed back with my information, but I haven't received that second e-mail like Jenny has. I just re-read the e-mail and it sounded fishy to me, plus I'm way too lazy to deposit checks and wire money and blah blah blah. So I went to http://www.fcpgro.com and it's like those unfished websites Yahoo and Google offer you when you get an e-mail address. So I thought that was weird, and I googled it. Didn't find much of anything. But then I remembered that the e-mail author had said "CFP," not "FCP" and I googled that instead. There are legitimate companies with the name but they seem to be located in the UK and this ad was posted on ******list in the Bronx, New York. When I get an e-mail back, because I'm assuming I'll get the same one Jenny did, what should I do to stop this person from sending me anything?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon06 View Post
    When I get an e-mail back, because I'm assuming I'll get the same one Jenny did, what should I do to stop this person from sending me anything?
    You can tell him that you know he is scammer and you will not reply to his emails anymore. It would not prevent him from reselling your info though. Expect more emails and probably packages from Nigerian scammers.

ameskish

tell mr patel to come on over here and explain this to mumbles.

I got the same exact email. dont fall for it. i have also gotten another one somewhat like this and they ended up sending me a fake check via FedEx.

How about I take 5% and send the rest to the FBI!!! This is a total scam and I got the same thing, but I knew that it was a scam even before I got it. The sad thing is that some people don't know any better and will fall for it; that's what they "bank" on....get it, "bank" on??!! Heee, heee, hee.

I am currently doing an investigation into the FCP Scam and am going to bring these people to justice. There is no perfect scam.

If everyone affected by this scam can email me any information you have on this FCP Group send it to kamalhack@yahoo.com .

That includes copies of fraudulent checks, all emails received and sent, transaction numbers, routing numbers, bank statements regarding those transactions and those transactions alone (no personal financial information), and anything else you think is useful.

Thank you for your time people, and once again the email is kamalhack@yahoo.com