+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shop4Silver

Shop4Silver

Hi all!

I purchesed a white gold necklace for my gf's birthday from shop4silver.co.uk 50. it's been a week and still no necklace. so i sent them an email yesturday and no reply. So i tried to phone them today and a answering machine come on saying no one was here at the moment to take the call.

its funny because on their site they have
    Any queries or questions?
    Our customer services are always ready to help. Mon - Fri 9:00 to 17:30 BST Tel: 01205 724103
    it's thursday 11:30am.

what am i supposed to do?

thanks guys

edit:

I just did a WHOIS on their site. it turns out this is a 1 man business. I have his full name and address :)
    Last edited by annoyed18; 03-11-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Re: Shop4Silver

You may have lost your money. Did you pay by credit card? You might be able to do a chargeback with your bank.

From the website of shop4silver.co.uk, they say their address is:
    Cherry Tree Cottage, Bannisters Lane, Frampton West, Boston, Lincs. PE20 1RD
    Which appears to be a rental cottage listed on this website:
    http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/WebPages/...rid:3404753273
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Hi thx for the reply. But cant they reclaim the money if i do a chargeback? and i thought a chargeback was only to stop it getting to his bank but its already there by now? been over a week, 8 days.

also is citizens advice bureau any good? would they be able to do anything about this?

I just find it stupid how people can simply get away with this stuff and how police basically dont care even if they had his address and name they would do nothing, no wonder why scammers exist!!:madgo:

I think chargebacks can be done up to 30 days after making a purchase, as long as you haven't received what you purchased and even if the money is already in the merchant's account. Your local bank building or bank's website should have more information about their policy on that.

The name and address on the who-is could be fake, so having them may or may not be any good to you. A local law enforcement or advisory group probably won't be able to do much more than contact the hosting company. The hosting company might investigate and shut down a fake site or might not.

Posting a site's address on every scam-warning-fraud-watching site and making the information google-able is a good way to slow the scammers down.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

i finally got hold of him on thursday. he hadnt replied to my email that monday.. anyway he said that the item was out of stock when i ordered.. in that case, why didnt it have an "out of stock" sign on it? or atleast reply to my first email and tell me it was out of stock. he also said "but it'll be back in stock today and i'll send it today, it'll take about 2 days to get to you" that was thursday, it's tuesday now and the post has been.. no necklace :

i'll try 1 more time to see his excuse tomorrow and i'll tell him i want a refund. it was my gf's 18th bday present ffs + a valentines gift. :rotz:

Yes, you have to show the power of buyer. If they don't satify you, just ask for refund and change the store.

Quote Originally Posted by hideki View Post
    Yes, you have to show the power of buyer. If they don't satify you, just ask for refund and change the store.
    And do not delay with chargeback. It will be late next month.