+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i cant remember :-(

Guys and girls,

Little help please, or maybe no one has heared of this one.

I once seen a programme that looking at if there was indead a desendant of jesus still living. As part of the programme they highlighted a person that they wondered if he was connected.

the person lived in italy somewhere and had fabulous wealth, yet had never worked, and there was no family history due to major secrecy.

this person has never been seen or photographed

no one knows anything about this person or why their life is so shrouded in mystery and secrets.

no one even knows their name.

no why would someone / family be protected so well, be held in mystery? it was thought that a group or the church were responsible for the protection and cover up

now i have tried in vien to find the topic or story on the internet but came up blank.

anyone else heared the story or can point towards a web page?

many thanks

Vorlon

Re: i cant remember :-(

Sounds like you're looking for something along this line...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davinci_code

This page starts off writing about the novel and then goes into more factual information. It may provide a starting point for your research.
    What you're looking for has it's roots in early Christian Gnostic beliefs and then moves into the grail lore/legend... Priory of Sion and so on.

Yeah I saw that on a documentary of Da Vinci Code, on the Discovery Channel I think? Not sure. Anyway Jesus might be a great-great-great-great etc grandfather but I doubt the church or anyone has tracked this, let alone is protecting them.

Vorlon - I sympathize. I've had the same thing happen to me. I'm a little older and this Davinci Code thing is not "news" - many books have been written. I've been wracking my brain to remember the t.v. special about the forged documents relating to "famous people" belonging to "the secret society" and the guy claiming to be a current member. It may be that we are remembering the same program. I'll let you know if I find something. All in all - I don't believe there's much to this hype. If Jesus did "father" any children what would it matter? How likely would it be that any could be traced to the current generation. The bible is full of the history of the family of David. Very interesting subject.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Yeah I saw that on a documentary of Da Vinci Code, on the Discovery Channel I think? Not sure. Anyway Jesus might be a great-great-great-great etc grandfather but I doubt the church or anyone has tracked this, let alone is protecting them.
    Quite the opposite.............this is why the Da Vinci Code is so explosive even as a work of Fiction, it starts the ball rolling on the 'What If' factor and if there were any truth in it, then it's a total stalemate.

The ones who would be hiding the truth can't come out and say it's true as it would suddenly come under threat........From the Church itself.

The Church has to play it down and dissmiss it as it threatens their very existance........

If it were true then millions of 'SHEEP' who follow the Catholic Cult would leave and seek the modern day decendant.......

So I believe the Church would fight (and I mean fight) to keep this from happening imagine the money the Catholic Cult would lose if such a thing were to happen......

The Message is simple don't give your money for something that Jesus gave you for FREE...............his word.

Hi #6
    It's a bit more involved than just the Catholic Church... all of Western Christianity would stand to loose since the DaVinci Code has it's basis in early gnostic beliefs as well as the grail legend. Plus, the Protestant faiths share many basic concepts with the Catholic Church. It's a very interesting subject. Probably why the recently re-introduced Gospel of Judas has raised so many eye-brows lately. It all comes together and sheds light on the early, formative years of Christianity.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    Hi #6
    It's a bit more involved than just the Catholic Church... all of Western Christianity would stand to loose since the DaVinci Code has it's basis in early gnostic beliefs as well as the grail legend. Plus, the Protestant faiths share many basic concepts with the Catholic Church. It's a very interesting subject. Probably why the recently re-introduced Gospel of Judas has raised so many eye-brows lately. It all comes together and sheds light on the early, formative years of Christianity.

Paul
    Ha but it's the Catholic Cult I have the most trouble with, since it looks like something close to 25 million have the HIV virus in Africa and I think we know who is to blame there.

Yes you are right though ALL faiths who cash in on peoples need to be led will be at risk that's the stupidity of all of this Jesus Gaves us one way of life and we needn't be fighting over anything as we are all on this ISLAND WE CALL EARTH.....the HUMAN FAMILY.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Ha but it's the Catholic Cult I have the most trouble with, since it looks like something close to 25 million have the HIV virus in Africa and I think we know who is to blame there.
    Whoah - Back the truck up!! Please tell us "who" is to blame. If the 25 million in Africa with HIV are catholic and adhere STRICTLY to catholic doctrine and the message of The Pope - well, they would not have this problem, would they?
    .... are you just blowing smoke?....someone may call you on your statistics - (there are some very smart people here). I think you may have stepped beyond your ability.

#6's statistic is fairly accurate (2002) for AIDS/HIV in Sub-Saharan Africa

http://www.census.gov/ipc/prod/wp02/wp-02006.pdf

However, the religious percentages of the populations vary from Christian through Muslim to native beliefs.

http://islamic-world.net/countries/index.htm

To place blame for such a high percentage of AIDS/HIV on a single religious faith is exceptionally narrow. It is quite probable the "blame" should be placed on a variety of reasons... poverty, lack of education, local/native customs/traditions, religious beliefs... feel free to add any other social ills or causes.

Blame a single religious faith? Nope... don't think so.

At the very least, I'm right about the "very smart people" - Thanks Paul.
    I think it's fairly safe for me to say that the majority of catholics have/do/will practice some form of birth control. Reality requires it. (and yes, I am - but I'm the fun kind!)
    Which begs the question - why is there no solution for the millions of people in Africa?
    Would 10 trillion condoms help?
    Maybe, Dr. Phil could build up their self esteem - a "JUST SAY NO" program. I think airing a Jerry Springer "find the dad so he can pay child support and alimony for the next 18 years" Show may be a better incentive. Then again, if you have AIDS, we could be talking about $1.95!
    We cannot change their lifestyle - unless we have something considerably better to offer. Even beyond that - you must honor their customs.
    All in all, it's so simple - my house - my rules. Their house....( well, I think Paul would be the "go-to" guy - you may want to ask him if he likes arid climates). would mean their rules.

sorry vorlon - off topic, I know - Can I say "I can't remember ;)?"

Hi Linda,
    What the hey... let's stay off topic for a little bit... after all... that's nothing new here :)
    "very smart"... I'll settle for "I have my moments" and leave it at that :D

I'm not sure what relief for the problem would work. I know education would be one of the top items on my list, but behavioral issues need to be addressed and corrected. I'll be whipped if I fully understand what they may be. I do know that "being led" by religious beliefs could be pretty far down the 'top 100 behaviors' list... at least IMO anyway.

Where's Jerry Springer when you need him!!!

There are no easy answers. I can't help but think that the answer is not "all that hard", either. Education is truly paramount - finding devoted teachers may be the answer. I have great admiration for many of my teachers (they may all be dead, now ...80+) and many who have taught (and currently teach) my children. However, I would choose (if I were able) people with a more practical background.
    For example, a mom of 12 (children) - dividing her time (after all the chores) - 24hrs/day divided by 12 kids. Easy as pie.... 2hrs/kid - only if you do not need to sleep. I know it sounds ridiculous. My grandmother did it - she had a total of 14 children (2 did not survive). She died about 40. The math is frightening. This senario is not so far removed from the third world countries today.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Whoah - Back the truck up!! Please tell us "who" is to blame. If the 25 million in Africa with HIV are catholic and adhere STRICTLY to catholic doctrine and the message of The Pope - well, they would not have this problem, would they?
    .... are you just blowing smoke?....someone may call you on your statistics - (there are some very smart people here). I think you may have stepped beyond your ability.
    There are Priests in Africa preaching to the Aficans that Condoms actaully spread the disease between people....there was a big news report showing one priest in particular at a huge bonfire burning condoms....

Why is it then the Vatican is having a big debate now about relaxing their stance on condoms in a bid to halt the spread......why bother? if they don't believe it's not helping that they promote a message of not using condoms.

Surely they feel it's a contributing factor or they wouldn't be bothering.

Hi Linda and Paul.

Linda you said. "Which begs the question - why is there no solution for the millions of people in Africa?, Would 10 trillion condoms help?"

The solution for Africa is there......Condoms would be a start, next for debt to be wiped out, next for so called Celebs to stop making promotional videos asking for aid to actually say 'You know what here's Million out of my OWN pocket'

Why are millions dying in Africa.....................Mankind that's why, those who can change this don't seem to want to....if the desire was there we could stop this.....send in troops to stop the civil wars killing so many bring some order to the country and here's a thing....

Is it just me or does anyone else see something wrong with taking food and supplies hundreds of miles to refugees? wouldn't it be simpler to after every truck drops off supplies it fills up with people and takes them to somewhere more accessable...I mean you wouldn't sit in a Desert if you wanted water....you'd move.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 05-20-2006 at 03:43 PM.

NumberSix - Your scenario "assumes" these people want to adopt your solution. Send in the troops? I think it's abundantly clear that any country that has, paid a pretty high price - just ask any american (damned if you do - damned if you don't).
    "Move them" makes sense - to you and I perhaps - but where? Refugees are an issue unto themselves. Disease ridden refugees would not be welcome anywhere. I don't mean to be unkind - the truth is rarely pleasant.
    These people do not want to leave their homes and families. Their lifestyle perpetuates the problems and they do not wish to change. Do you want some stranger rearranging your life and pointing out your flaws? I think not.
    Money - and lots of it - could bring about some immediate change/improvement for them - but it's only a stop-gap measure. How much money are you willing to contribute? It's an "easy out" to condemn celebrities - they DO raise money - in spite of your opinion of their motives.
    Truly, education is the ultimate answer. Give a man a fish and he eats today - teach a man to fish..................
    The catholic church is no more responsible for the problem than you are, dear. If these people were catholic then, maybe, you could draw that conclusion. Get over it - if they were practising the catholic faith, abstainence and monogomy would be a given.
    The answer is not so simple - no one else is to blame. Your ideas are certainly with merit - just drop all the "trash talking" and rise above.
    Teach your children - I have absolute faith that "their" world will be a much better place for all.

Hi Linda.

Lets see what you've written.

"Send in the troops? I think it's abundantly clear that any country that has, paid a pretty high price - just ask any american (damned if you do - damned if you don't)." To stop people killing each other I would support any countries troops intervening.......unlike America invading IRAC who had nothing to do with 9/11 but seems to be taking the blame....IRAC rich with oil.
    ""Move them" makes sense - to you and I perhaps - but where? Refugees are an issue unto themselves. Disease ridden refugees would not be welcome anywhere." - Err Closer to the aid, it doesn't have to be to the middle of Wall St........just closer, even if they did have to stay a mile away....if people are that bothered about the dying.

"These people do not want to leave their homes and families. Their lifestyle perpetuates the problems and they do not wish to change. Do you want some stranger rearranging your life and pointing out your flaws? I think not. - I would welcome anyone who could instantly improve my life......as for moving them it wasn't for ever it was until they were much stronger and they would be taken back with supplies, even to something like a fresh water supply put in for them say a well for instance.

"It's an "easy out" to condemn celebrities - they DO raise money - in spite of your opinion of their motives." - If that is so how come we haven't really seen it doing all that much....I read a lot of reports of supplies ending up in the hands of armies who are fighting silly ethnic wars.

"The catholic church is no more responsible for the problem than you are, dear." - I'm not telling em to burn condoms....I can see a problem in Africa which condoms would help slow the spread surely worth trying................and let's not kid ourselves the Vatican knows it too.

As for FACTS...
    “Every condom sold sends the buyer to acquire the AIDS virus.”

Fr. Gerald Magera Iga, in a campaign urging condom sellers in Uganda to burn up their stocks [Comtex newswire, January 25, 1999].

Would you like to re state your comment on The Catholic Church is no more responsible for the problem than I am?......I wouldn't urge anyone to Burn a life saving device.- I CARE. :)
    Last edited by NumberSix; 05-23-2006 at 09:07 PM.