+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mike Murdock's False Gospel

Mike Murdock is a typical preacher in the tradition of the televangelists. Right wing and greedy.

If you watch Christian TV, this is what you get. Send money in order to make the US a Christian nation.
    Last edited by Wind Song; 08-29-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

No.. if you're a Christian this is what you get.

I find it hard to believe that generation after generation are so eager to be taken advantage of. Many give up their pay check every week, and the only thing it pays for is so that priests can molest children.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

back and forth - my blessing and testimony is that the scripture works!

I saw my print out of donations for 2010, I was surprised when I saw that dollar amount. Why? Because I could quickly add up all of the unexpected blessings of both money and other items I received and it was almost the same dollar amount.

I never even planned on it/ nor expected it. But it happened. "Give and it shall be given unto you..." - the Bible worked

Further, I gave my pastor $100 as a gift, or a thank you one Sunday. I knew he deserved more, but that was what I had to give. In less than 4 days I was given that dollar amount back in clothing from a friend, unexpected. Then, I received a phone call from one of my clients upping his business with me.

I am just telling you my testimony. It's not meant to be a get-rich-quick, nor a magic... It just works

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by light bulb View Post
    back and forth - my blessing and testimony is that the scripture works!

I saw my print out of donations for 2010, I was surprised when I saw that dollar amount. Why?
    Because you have a complete disregard for the value of financial planning?
    Because I could quickly add up all of the unexpected blessings of both money and other items I received and it was almost the same dollar amount.
    And..... If you hadn't given all that money to the church, then this money wouldn't have come to you?

Your friends/family/employment had nothing to do with you coming across this extra money? You just found envelopes shoved under your door with a note "Thanks for the loan, signed God", right?
    I never even planned on it/ nor expected it. But it happened. "Give and it shall be given unto you..." - the Bible worked
    Sure it did.
    Further, I gave my pastor $100 as a gift, or a thank you one Sunday. I knew he deserved more, but that was what I had to give. In less than 4 days I was given that dollar amount back in clothing from a friend, unexpected. Then, I received a phone call from one of my clients upping his business with me.
    WOW! A miracle! That could have NEVER happened if you didn't give your pastor $100!! AMAZING!
    I am just telling you my testimony. It's not meant to be a get-rich-quick, nor a magic... It just works
    Sure it does.... Sure it does... How do you type with your arms all tied up in that jacket?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Doctobe is offline alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta ......
    UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Silicon Valley, CA

Coincidence is a powerful concept. A few events out of the unordinary aren't and should not be perceived and believed as biblical or spritual causation.

Also, at times in our personal lives what we believe to be "God intervention" events are merely occurences that we ourselves have set in place, sometimes knowingly, for the present, past, and future. All it takes is a thinking mind to see the clarity of it all.
    Last edited by Doctobe; 09-06-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Christians R redeemed from the curse of the law!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dalebradley3 View Post
    My friend I am not sure what version of the bible you are reading but if you will open with me to the book of Malachi chap3.vs8. It is exact that we are to pay our tithes, and to bring the first fruit of our labor before the Lord that the kingdom might grow. At any rate my friend you will find that right after Luke in the New Testemant. Hope I helped you and God Bless.
    Galatians 5:4 "you who seek to be justified by the law have fallen from grace"

Galatians 3:13 'Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law..
    See Galatians 3:14 We have the blessings of Abraham by faith in the promise of the Spirit (not by our works or tithe paying)!

Romans 10:4 "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone who believes.

James 2:10 If you break one law you are guilty of breaking them all.

Galatians 2:21 " I do not frustrate the Grace of God for if righteousness comes from keeping the law Christ died in vain.

Galatians. 3:11 Clearly no one is justified by keeping the law...

Romans 8:3 "for what the law was powerless to do, God did by sending his Son..

Matthew 5:17-18 Jesus fulfilled the law. Only someone perfect and sinless could fulfill the law

Galatians 4:30 "what does the scripture say get rid of the slave women for the child of the slave women shall not inherit the promise with the child of the free woman (read this in full how Paul the Apostle said it was an allegory of grace not mixing with works (the law). Get a good study bible or bible commentary on this verse.
    Christianity is not Judaism, nor vice versus! Therefore they have no business quoting Malachi 3:8-9 to Christians who have been redeemed from the curse of the law for not keeping the (tithe) law!

It is a shame that brainwashed Christians who point to Malachi 3:8-9 to promote tithing have no understanding of the differences in Old Covenant vs New Covenant. Grace vs Law. They fail to see what took place after Jesus said Paid in full as in It is finished. No one but someone sinless and perfect could fulfill the law. This is why Jesus had to do it for us and pay for our sin-debt for breaking the law. We now have daily grace & the better covenant because we have Jesus and the Holy Spirit both enables us to live as new creations and gives us new desires to live for Christ.

Grace means unearned and unmerited favor. This grace is free for any situation.
    Spoonfeed Bible illiterates fail to understand the Old Covenant was a conditional covenant before JESUS DIED AND SAID "PAID IN FULL". He said: "Paid in full" on the cross, Not Pay in Full!

This Old Covenant consisted of 613 Mosaic Levitical laws. Do your research or goggle Judaism 101 613 Mitzvot (Mitzvot is Hebrew for commandments) You can also read Leviticus.

Tithing was called the least weightier matter of the law by Jesus himself in Matthew 23:23 and he was speaking to Pharisees still under the Old Covenant bcuz it was before he died to fulfill the law.

Matthew 5:17-18 Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law and the Prophet BUT TO FULFILL. Only Jesus could and did fulfill the law because no sinner could fulfill the whole law. Only our sinless Savior could fulfill the law. 613 of them not just one like the tithe pushers want you to think. TO break one made you guilty of breaking the entire Old Covenant contract.

The major laws were Sabbath keeping on Sat. (Sabbath begins Frid eve. ending Sat. eve).. God also commanded Jews to keep the Jewish Feast & Holidays and to this date Jews keep the "Day of Atonement, which will be coming up Oct. 8th (Yom Kippur)".

The main laws were Sabbath rest & circumcision of all males in every Hebrew household on their 8 day of life. Orthodox Jews still practice this to date but Christians don't (with the exception of Seventh Day Adventist) To break the Sabbath and circumcision was a capital offense, punishable by stoning to death. Eating pork, or foods like lobster was also a lesser crime but still a crime that required a sin offering .
    There is no way Gentiles (anyone not a Jew) were given the tithe law or any other law to be in Covenant with God. Redeemed Christians were grafted in by Grace threw faith in Jesus!

Jesus said Paid in full, not Pay in full
    2nd Corinthians 9:7 We are to give as we purpose in our hearts and without pressure (voluntarily). Many Cults are big tithers but to give where false teachers are preaching a false doctrine is sin! We should be led by the Holy Spirit our guide and teacher in all things even on where to give and where to attend church services.

Hebrew 8:6 & 7 'Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant under better promises."

John 1:16 From His bounty we have all received one blessing after another

John 1:17 "God gave the Law to Moses but Grace and truth comes by Jesus Christ.

Tithe advocates will never explain what better covenant under better promises means!
    In Hebrews the word better covenant is used 13 times.
    Galatians 3:13 said Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. You cannot be cursed for not keeping the Old Covenant tithe law and redeemed from the curse of the law at the same time.

Tithing is one law out of 613. Most Christians couldn't name the other 612 if you paid them. Circumcision and Sabbath rest dates back before God gave the Levitical law to Moses but do they enforce the male circumcision law on 8 day old Christian babies? Think and wake up Christians. Stop being clones.

Romans 8:32 Since God did not spare His own Son but gave him up for us all surely he will also with Him freely gives us all things.
    Last edited by Great Grace; 09-20-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryArnold View Post
    The first time tithe is mentioned in the Bible is Abraham's tithe of pagan spoils of war, and Abraham kept NOTHING for himself. This was NOT an act of worship. The goods that Abraham gave the tenth from didn’t even belong to Abraham:

Genesis 14:21 (NIV) - The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

Notice in verse 21 the king of Sodom didn’t ask Abraham if he would give back to him the people, but rather said GIVE ME the people and keep the goods for yourself. The way that is worded indicates that the king of Sodom was claiming that the people and the goods belonged to him and those he represented.

Genesis 14:22-24 (NIV) - 22But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have raised my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, and have taken an oath 23that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the thong of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’ 24I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshcol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”

Notice in verses 23 and 24 Abraham also acknowledges that the goods belonged to the king of Sodom and those he represented.

Therefore, it is clear that both the king of Sodom and Abraham acknowledged that the spoils of war did NOT belong to Abraham, yet he gave a tenth of the spoils to King Melchizedek. This would seem that Abraham did something wrong, if not even illegal, but Biblical historians agree that it was custom in Abraham's day to give the king a tenth of the war spoils. Had Abraham not given the tenth, he would have gone against custom.

Conclusion: Abraham did NOT give a tenth of his income, or his wealth. Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils of war that didn’t belong to him. That is NOT an example for Christians to follow today.

The next mention of a tithe is Jacob's VOW to tithe. Jacob set the conditions, not God. Nowhere in The Word does it tell us that Jacob actually tithed. Genesis 28:10-22

Next is The Lord's Tithe. God gave His definition as a tenth of crops and animals which came from God's hand, not man's income. God NEVER commanded anyone to tithe on anything that man made or earned. Leviticus 27:30-33.

The ordinances (instructions, or laws) for The Lord's Tithe are in Numbers 18. God gave strict orders to take His tithe to the Levites. God NEVER changed that command. Anyone who takes God's tithe to anyone other than the Levites is being disobedient to God's Word.

There are other tithes in the Bible such as the Festival Tithe and the Tithe for the Poor. It is The Lord's Tithe that churches pattern their teaching after.

Church leaders ignore God's definition of His tithe, and ignore God's ordinances for His tithe. They change the words to fit their pocketbook. This is nothing but manipulation of God's Word. They are false teachers.

The Bible CLEARLY SHOWS that the tithe ENDED at the cross in the Book of Hebrews. In the first nine verses of Hebrews 7 the words tenth or tithes appears SEVEN TIMES. The ONLY place in the Bible, after Calvary, that tithing appears is in Hebrews 7.

In Hebrews 7:5 we are told that Levi (the Levites) took the tithes under the law. In Hebrews 7:12 we are told that when the priesthood changes, the law will change. Hebrews 7:18 is telling us that Numbers 18 was disannulled. Numbers 18 established the Levitical priesthood, and part of that establishing included tithing. When the Levitical priesthood ended (at Calvary, or at least in the year 70AD when the temple was destroyed), all laws that established that priesthood were canceled. If Numbers 18 wasn't canceled, we would still be under the Levitical priesthood.

Those who argue they didn't have money or income then really need to study the scriptures. They had money and wages, even in Genesis. The farmers had income from barter exchanges, and they had markets to buy and sell as proven in Deuteronomy 14:24-26.

Those who argue Malachi 3:8, robbing God, need to start with verse 7. God is talking about His ordinances in Numbers 18 which we learned were disannulled according to Hebrews 7:18. Also, if you start with Malachi 1, you will see that God is speaking to the priests, not the people. The priests robbed God of the tithe (Nehemiah 13) and the priests robbed God of the offerings (Malachi 1).

In Nehemiah 10:37 we learn that the firstfruits were taken to the temple for the priests, and the tithes were taken to the Levites who lived in the Levitical cities. Therefore, it has been established that firstfruits have nothing to do with the tithe.

OLD TESTAMENT - THE FIRST OF THE FRUITS SHOULD GO TO GOD
    Proverbs 3:9 (KJV) “Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:”

NEW TESTAMENT - THE WORKER SHOULD BE FIRST TO RECEIVE A SHARE OF THE FRUIT
    2 Timothy 2:6 (KJV) “The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.”

When was the last time you heard a pastor say that you should spend the FIRST part of your income on yourself and your family?

1 Timothy 5:8 (KJV) “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”

The New Testament makes it clear that we are to use the FIRST of our income to take care of ourselves and our family. We are talking about needs, here, not just anything we want. Then we should give generously from what is left.
    You need a clear concise understanding of Grace vs Law-keeping. The terms and conditions of the Old Covenant was based on civil laws, ceremonial laws, moral laws, and governmental laws, a total of 613 laws that were non-stop (24/7) on what Jews, (descendants of the 12 tribes of Jacob's-his sons and descendants) could eat, wear, say and do. There were even instructions on how long they had to wash their hands as in ceremonial washing, (up to the elbow, not just the hands). They were constantly breaking these laws and bringing sin offerings, peace offerings, killing a spotless lamb or being stoned to death. It's funny how the only law the tithe Police emphasize is tithing when there were 613 laws. Can you name them all? I doubt it very seriously! Only Jesus fulfilled the law because he is & was sinless!
    Galatians 3:24 "The law was our school master to bring us to Christ
    Galatians 3:25 Now that faith has come we are no longer under a school master. Faith in faith has come? No..it means faith in Jesus and by his works we have unmerited and undeserved favor. Unmerited mean you did not work or pay for it. His grace is free daily for any situation!
    Learn the differences in Old Covenant vs New Covenant! Judaism vs Christianity. You are mixing law and grace and they are polar opposites! Galatians 4:30 Gives a typology of law vs Grace.
    Old Covenant was a works based conditional covenant'
    New Covenant is based on our faith in the payment Jesus made for us. Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law
    Romans 10:4 "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for every believer.
    Galatians 3:11 No one is made right with God by the law
    Galatians 3:14 We have the blessing by faith in Jesus.....
    Galatians 5:4 You who seek to be justified by the law have fallen from Grace.
    You are not a Jew under the Old Covenant law but a Christian redeemed from the curse of the law! Are you also keeping the Sabbath on Sat? Not eating pork? Circumcising male infants at 8 days old in your home or family? Why not? These were laws too. After Jesus died we have a new and better covenant based on better promises. Hebrews 8:6 & 7
    Matthew 23:23 Jesus addressed tithing and said it was not even the most important aspect of the law and this was when the law was still in effect because he had not yet died and fulfilled the law nor said Paid in full as in It is finished. So the tithe law was still in effect until Jesus went to His cross!

We have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us on everything.
    We can give as we have purposed or decided without pressure
    2nd Corinthian 9:7 is a command on voluntary giving! To give to a false teacher or False Prophet is sin!
    Stop mixing law and grace study Galatians 4:30 get a bible commentary and understand the differences in the Old vs the New Covenant, learn the importance of the before and after Jesus died to fulfill the law! Get wisdom! Stop being a clone to these tithe legalist who have people thinking they have to Pay in full, when Jesus said Paid in Full!
    Dear Saint unless you are sinless you could not keep the whole law (613 laws total) not just the tithe law. Jesus said he came to fulfill the law! Only a sinless Savior could fulfill the law!
    Name the other 612 laws besides tithing. Are you getting ready to celebrate the Jewish Holiday Yom Kupper Oct. 8th known as the Day of Atonement? Why not? Let me guess
    CAUSE YOU ARE NOT A JEW BUT A REDEEMED CHRISTIAN, GRAFTED INTO A NEW COVENANT CALLED GRACE (unmerited favor)
    Romans 8;32 ...READ HOW God with the Son FREELY GIVES US ALL THINGS
    For a list of the complete 613 Levitical laws goggle Judaism 101 613 Mitzvot -Hebrew word for commandments or read Leviticus and Deuteronomy!
    Most Christians that push mandatory tithing break the Sabbath which dates back to Genesis. James 2:10 declares: to break one law makes you just as guilty as if you broke them all.

If you believe you must keep the tithe law then you must keep the rest of the Old Covenant laws too. Sabbath rest starts Friday evening till Sat. evening. Jews still attend Synagogue services on Saturday not Sunday. The main Old Covenant law predating Moses was male circumcision of all Jewish male infants on the 8day of life, not tithing! To not do this was a capital crime punishable by death! Did you circumcise your male infant on the 8 day of life by a Priest. No you didn't!
    When God performed the ritual covenant of cutting animals in half Abraham was in a deep sleep signifying an unconditional covenant by God alone! Genesis 15:12. In Genesis 15:17 God was represented in typology like in the burning bush but this time he was described as a smoking furnace and burning lamp.
    God alone performed the ritual of walking between the animal halves cut into a ritual covenant ceremony. Study this in full to learn how this was an unconditional covenant based on faith of the promise not Abraham's one time tithe payment to Melchizedek, quit stealing the Lord's glory for the payment Jesus made and replacing it with your tithe payments!
    Just so you know I give beyond 10 percent when as the Holy Spirit leads me but not to buy what Jesus gave me for free
    John 1:16 Out of his bounty we have all received one blessing after enough
    John 1:17 God gave the law to Moses, Grace and truth comes by Jesus Christ
    Has anyone ever noticed how the Tithe Police use Old Testament to enforce tithing as if we don't have a New Covenant under better promises?
    Last edited by Great Grace; 09-20-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Doctobe said:
    Coincidence is a powerful concept. A few events out of the unordinary aren't and should not be perceived and believed as biblical or spritual causation.
    Coincidence linked up with one's perceptions and previously held beliefs and habits from a childhood long past in at least the physical aspect of their being, driven by an emotional need for security "created" everything that these folks have in common. Desperate people, especially those unaware of their desperation, do desperate things. Believing in superstition, to me, is certainly a desperate way of life, IMHO.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein