+ Reply to Thread

Internet Scams- need advise

Recently I was trying to sell a gown on a common classified ad website. I had someone contact me from another country via email saying he wanted to buy my gown. I thought it was strange he did not ask to see the gown so I gave him my work address as a place to mail payment instead of my home address. I recently did research and determined it to be an internet scam where they want you to wire the remainder of funds etc and then you find out later that the check was bad. I have not received payment yet but I do not plan to cash the check (since I am sure it will not be any good). One person is in the UK (this is the person I was supposed to send the remainder of the money to) and the other writes so poorly I dont think he is from the US. Should I be worried about my safety at work(In other words do they commonly have a shipper that would pick up local or is this just part of the scam since often they apparently normally change their mind about the item)?? Who do I report this to? What should I do with the check if I ever receive it in the mail? Help

Re: Internet Scams- need advise

Quote Originally Posted by BUNI1020
    Recently I was trying to sell a gown on a common classified ad website. I had someone contact me from another country via email saying he wanted to buy my gown. I thought it was strange he did not ask to see the gown so I gave him my work address as a place to mail payment instead of my home address. I recently did research and determined it to be an internet scam where they want you to wire the remainder of funds etc and then you find out later that the check was bad. I have not received payment yet but I do not plan to cash the check (since I am sure it will not be any good). One person is in the UK (this is the person I was supposed to send the remainder of the money to) and the other writes so poorly I dont think he is from the US. Should I be worried about my safety at work(In other words do they commonly have a shipper that would pick up local or is this just part of the scam since often they apparently normally change their mind about the item)?? Who do I report this to? What should I do with the check if I ever receive it in the mail? Help
    Burn the check. Tell the nigerian piece of crap to go kill himself.