+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shelter Financial Group

i recently came across a website offering work from home. http://www.shelterfinancialgroup.com/job-opportunities Not sure if it is a scam he is asking for 60 buck upfront and future pay is on commission.any whose knowledgeable and can find out for me if this is a scam or legitimate business

Re: Shelter Financial Group

How Long Before You Can Make Money and Get Started?
    The typical agent spends about a half day studying the training manual, and about 1 hour on a phone training call. After that, we let you loose and have it! Of course, if you need us along the way, we are their for you when you need it. In this day in age, most new agents already have friends, colleagues, and relatives, that need help that they enroll immediately. Then they will get referrals from those clients and the next thing they know their business if off the ground!
    Not a good idea to involve friends and relatives in MLM or any other unproven business. Also, what can you consult on after 5-6 hours of "education"? Just does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    Not a good idea to involve friends and relatives in MLM or any other unproven business. Also, what can you consult on after 5-6 hours of "education"? Just does not make sense.
    ok so overall it does sound fishy i didnt plan to involve friends or family so then seeing that your senior member i will take your word and not go through with it i looked up his adress and could not match the photo from his website to the one from googlemaps though i am not sure i looked it up correctly
    Last edited by Jeff420; 03-05-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: to add more info

Also, website is less than a year old. This is always suspicious.

11+ CLEARED FILES PER MONTH $300.00 PER/FILE

*BONUS PROGRAM OFFERED TO 20+ OR MORE FILES - $1,500 CASH BONUS

*A TYPICAL AGENT WILL ENROLL 6-12 FILES PER MONTH WORKING ABOUT 20-40 HOURS PER/WEEK.
    Typical MLM member has 3-4 customers yearly. They are promising about 140 customer per "typical" full time agent with $35K paycheck only from sales. That would be dozens of times more than typical MLM member.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 03-05-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff420 View Post
    i looked up his adress and could not match the photo from his website to the one from googlemaps though i am not sure i looked it up correctly
    I checked address on Bing maps and it is definitely different building.

As Seen on TV Media Partners: CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS CHANNEL, & ESPN
    Almost always a lie. Shelter Financial Group may have been in tiny ads on media websites, but it is not the same as "been seen" on TV programs.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 03-05-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    I checked address on Bing maps and it is definitely different building.
    well thats all i needed to hear im sure to avoid this place every thing seems to point yo scam thanks for your help. if i had not found this website i would have lost 60 $ probably more:

Dear Friends,

I am the owner of Shelter Financial Group. I started my company back in April 2009. I have a training center in San Juan Capistrano and my business mail goes to my PO Box located next door to my local Starbucks in San Clemente, CA which is why I have a mailing address in San Clemente, even though my training office is in San Juan Capistrano. I encourage anyone local to come down and meet our staff of friendly trainers and agents any time.

To the people that prey and post on different threads on this site without knowing anything about other peoples business-

I will respect your "opinions" and "theories" on our company but I will say SFG is 100% the farthest from a scam. My business and integrity means a great world to me and in no way would I compromise my beliefs and morals to make a dollar. We have a great team of individuals working with us and I intend to continue to grow the team.

I have no idea why someone called this a MLM?

THIS IS NOT AN MLM. The job opportunity offered is no different than someone at home working independently in mortgage, real estate, or accounting. In fact, those are a lot of our team members.

I am going to share some facts and use this situation as an opportunity to share with you real and true information about us.

FACT: SFG offer's people an opportunity to work from home offering debt relief options to the consumer, and earn money based on their results. We are partnered with a Mission Financial who is our onsite sales force and does all of SFG's processing.

FACT: We also offer local agents an opportunity to work onsite with us in our training office when they want. I have 6 work stations set up which they can reserve and work in at NO COST. I provide wireless access and workstations to anyone that chooses to come in and hang out. In fact, they are all laughing at this post as we speak. :yelcutelaughA:

FACT: A typical agent will do 5-10 files a month on a PART TIME basis. I have some agents doing 30-40 files a month. Anyone that has worked in this industry will tell you the same. I can open the phone book and call 100 people and enroll 5 people today. That's no lie. This is not MLM, but simply an opportunity to work in one of the biggest industries out there right now, and not have to deal with working in a cubicle and having an aggro boss breathing over you. Some people like it cause they can do this outside of their day job. People out there need help right now, and there is a lot to be said about helping someone. That alone can be more rewarding than a paycheck.

FACT: I Provide leads to all of my agents. The agents that close the best, get the best leads, would you do it any differently? I am footing the bill for the leads, not the agent. When you start with me I give you some aged leads for the first week only. I still have agents pull deals from them. Typically all my leads are 1-7 days old, as long as you are committed to this. If someone wants to work, I will give them the tools to succeed.

MOST IMPORTANT FACTS:
    We give an agent their own virtual back office when they sign up with us. Virtual back office items I give an agent costs me about $55.00 to set up. They get an email I host with Gmail which costs me $50 per email beyond 50 users (which I am beyond). If you don't believe me, research it yourself. They get their own web based phone extension with all kinds of bells and whistles (via ringcentral.com), I put their name in our national dial-by-name directory, and I give my agents 100-200 ($1.00 a piece) leads their first day on the job when they finish their training. If you don't believe me research what debt leads cost on the open market. So at a minimum I am deep about $150.00 at setup of getting an agent started. Do you have any idea how many people blow in and blow out if I don't ask for some form of commitment from them up front? Plus they get it back with their first deal...It's a REFUNDABLE deposit for crying out loud. So basically all I ask of the agent is that they actually give this a shot so I know they didn't waste my time and money before I give them their $59 deposit back. Does that make this a scam? Last I checked $59 is pretty darn affordable for starting up your own home office. Your first deal pays back more than double your $59 investment.

*If you cannot afford to try out a new opportunity that you may or may not like doing, this is not the gig for you it's that simple.

I had a possible new agent forward this website to me. This stuff is scam blogging stuff is disheartening. I would appreciate it if you could please stop saying things that are untrue unless you like me have TRUE FACTS.

If anyone has any questions, I encourage you to contact me directly and I will answer any questions you have honestly and ethically.

Thanks in Advance,

Justin
    justin@shelterfinancialgroup.com
    Last edited by Shelter Financial Group; 03-11-2010 at 02:21 PM.

OK Justin, I have a few questions for you. On your website, you say your corporate office is at 1001 Avenida Pico in San Clemente. It shows a really nice picture of an office building. I know San Clemente quite well and I don't recognize that building. You say that you have a P.O. Box that you use. I take it your corporate office address listed is that P.O. Box which is the UPS Store. Unacceptable and shady.

Next, the phone number you're giving us is unlisted and is a number in Trabuco, much closer to Mission Viejo than San Clemente. I realize these cities are in Orange County, but why do I also see you listed in Laguna Niguel under your name (Whitepages.com)?

Under "Job Opportunities" on your website, it's states: "OR IF YOU ARE LOCAL (ORANGE COUNTY, CA), SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH US AND COME IN AND SEE US!" OK, so what is your physical address that I could "come in" and see you?

Those are just for starters. This information isn't adding up.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

a website is not a company. what is the name of this company? properly licensed and registered in california and other states?

To answer a few questions-

The Picture on the website is of my old office located in Irvine, CA. When I started, I had my office set up in an expensive month-to-month executive suite through REGUS with about 5 people. We were located right next to the gateway building off the 5 Fwy in Irvine at 7545 Irvine Center Dr. Sorry I have not taken the time to take a picture of my new office NOW LOCATED at 30448 #130 (sales floor), & 130-B (training office) Rancho Viejo Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 and change out the picture...I didn't know that would make me a scammer?

PLEASE, DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND COME BY AND SEE US!

Since you know the area, I live in Talega in San Clemente and use my PO Box next to my starbucks in the UPS store for my business mail. Is there something wrong with that? I also get mail here at my San Juan Office. Sorry my mail preferences are "unacceptable" to you.

As far as my phone number...I use a web based phone system called Ring Central. It works great for my agents and gives them a ton more benefits than anything other system- It costs me money too per agent- BUT NOBODY HERE SEEMS TO WANT TO "INQUIRE" ABOUT THAT. It also allows me to add them onto an extension and forward the extension to their home office line, cell line, etc. That way the agent gets to give out an 888# with extension when dealing with a new client instead of their personal#. I have no idea what city is associated with my phone line- apparently you do though. Those are things I don't have time to worry about. Trabuco Canyon isn't far from me though so It does not surprise me that the phone company would associate a local city with a local number.

Laguna Niguel? No Clue. again right across the freeway. I live in San Clement and my office is in San Juan Capistrano. I am a simple person, and don't have time for things like this. I will not however let people that don't have the decency to make a call or go down to an office to research something blast legit hard working people and put their businesses and reputations on the line.

DO US ALL A FAVOR AND COME DOWN HERE AND VISIT US.

Make it a great Day.
    Last edited by Shelter Financial Group; 03-11-2010 at 02:30 PM.

With such a wonderful response such as the above, it's obvious the attitude would turn off anyone. Excuses, excuses, and even more excuses. NEVER PAY TO WORK FOR SOMEONE.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

I have only provided the 100% "God as My Witness" Truth and Facts.

If you need to make some extra money give me a call. I don't hold grudges. In fact, I'll waive the fee just so you can come on and make some money and come back here and tell everyone your findings.
    Last edited by Shelter Financial Group; 03-11-2010 at 02:32 PM.

legal name of the company? what does BBB say?
    Last edited by mumbles; 03-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.

By the way. Which company do you front for? You are not doing any negotiations for clients with half a day of education of your representatives. So who is paying your bills, except those recruitment fees?
    Last edited by BorisZ; 03-10-2010 at 05:07 PM.

the webhost is:

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
    OrgID: TPCM
    Address: 315 Capitol
    Address: Suite 205
    City: Houston
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 77002
    RAbuseName: The Planet Abuse
    RAbusePhone: +1-281-714-3560
    RAbuseEmail: abuse@theplanet.com

nobody can open a business bank account without a business registration, a DBA, "doing business as". they can, however, have any number of websites claiming to be expert on any subject.

More Answers Provided Below-

Legal Name: JR Bray Group, LLC
    DBA: Shelter Financial Group
    SFG is Not affiliated or listed with BBB.

We have a full attorney model based debt relief program.
    Our legal staff & firm are members of TASC, USOBA, US Chamber
    of Commerce and long list of other Associations.

FACT: You cannot be associated with those organizations unless you obviously are in good standing. They are a well recognize law firm in the industry and have thousands of Happy clients...

Anything else for the skeptics?
    Last edited by Shelter Financial Group; 03-11-2010 at 02:34 PM.