+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Satellite Direct - Scam?

I just set up my HTPC and want to watch TV channels through the internet to save on cable/satellite bills. I came accross satellitedirect.com and was pretty impressed with their website, but no amount of googling was enough to find unbias reviews. Literally 10 hours of searching and all I can find are 100's of fake reviews :madgo: planted by the company to make their software sound great. Should I heed this red flag or does someone have any real experience with this software?

They advertise a $50 one-time fee to download/install and then unlimited access to 3500+ channels.

Re: Satellite Direct - Scam?

Well I got some advice. Is the payment collected via Clickbank.com?
    If you buy the service and if its not as advertised you got 60 days for a full money back refund. Just contact Clickbank to apply for refund. They are a good company!

yea its such a scam. this site has an actual real review of the service http://cbexposed.info
    :zx11pissed:

CloseoutJoe said
    If you buy the service and if its not as advertised you got 60 days for a full money back refund. Just contact Clickbank to apply for refund.
    That isn't quite 100% true. The official refund policy starts with:
    1. What is ClickBank's return policy?

Our official return policy for all ClickBank products is as follows:
    ClickBank will, at its discretion, allow for the return or replacement of any defective product within 60 days from the date of purchase. For recurring billing products, returns for more than one payment may be provided if requested within the standard 60 day return period. After 60 days all sales are final.
    'not as advertised' is not the same as 'defective'

The entire refund policy is here:
    http://www.clickbank.com/refund_policy_faq.html

Mod note, not an affiliate link.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I guess it's always safest to pay these sites using paypal which gives you the option to file a dispute in case they are difficult in returning the money. The payment page claim to refund "any defective product" which I guess the product can be deemed in itself (not providing the hundreds of channels for individual countries that it claims can be accessed and so on).

Satellite Direct or any satellite TV for the PC is not necessarily a scam. In my opinion the software actually works, the only drawback is the service (number of channels you can watch) is over hyped. In addition performance and reliability is dependent on your ISP bandwidth (another thing to worry about). The truth is these so-called cost effective alternatives to satellite TV are but free TV channel aggregators. They merely round up free channels. So if you are in need of premium channels say sports channels it is more than likely that you won't get them. Put it this way if you cough up $50.00 odd dollars logic dictates you would get $50.00 worth of channels which you didn't know were free to start out with. The software just saves you time searching for it in the vastness of the internet. In conclusion I think as of this writing nothing can beat cable or satellite TV. The choice is yours to make. Good luck!

Is Satellite Direct Scam!!!Does It Really works?

I bought Satellite Direct a year ago and i See lot of reviews. Ive had no problems,You just have to dig into the software and learn how to use it before flying off the deep end and giving up. I watched plenty of Olympic coverage, as advertised, but I had to flip through the channels and sometimes settle for foreign language feeds. No problem. My friend got it recently and thought he was being scammed because it didnt work well. Turns out his internet connection was too slow. He bumped up the speed and the software is working perfectly now.
    Last edited by roberts; 01-28-2011 at 04:31 AM.

This is a Scam !!
    I tried to talk to their "live" agent.
    It's a canned set of answers. (see attachment)
    There is also no address, no telephone numbers anywhere on the website - BIG RED FLAG !!!! :judges:

i wondered about this to... seems to have a good deal... for all those channels...any real reviews
    "Never Give Up"

Satellite Direct TV NOT a Scam! As it turns out, its a nifty little piece of technology that lives up to the sales hype. With no dish, receiver or other hardware required (all you need is hi-speed internet), it just might be, as its maker claims, "The Future of Television"!

Any site that buys up multiple domains to give themselves good reviews isn't playing fair.

I checked this out myself. All you get is a convenient way to access free TV. You could make a browser folder, search for free TV streaming sites, and add them to the folder. This $50 software does nothing but give you an easy way to find what you can get for free. If that's worth $50 to you, then go for it.

Understand: You're NOT getting any channels that you'd ordinarily have to pay for. In other words, you won't get the main ESPN channels, HBO, Encore, Showtime, USA, A&E, GSN, .... in other words, no cable channels that don't offer a direct internet feed.

12. 03-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Reason
    hacking site spammed

I recently purchased this service and I am very disappointed. Most of the channels don't work (you just get a progress bar) and the ones that do work have very back quality. My bandwidth is not the issues as I have 10M service. I will probably keep this as it is better then nothing but I was expecting more for my money.

I got burnt ** one of these scams, it basically works this way:

You buy in to some service saying you get 7,000 channels.

You get an email with your download link, which makes you install windows media player to watch a bunch of video clips collected from around the web. It's very shoddy and the videos and "tv channels" are all free streams that are already offered for free. Many of them are community channels that have no real content, unless you enjoy community bulletins and city hall meetings from small town america.

If you're looking for big channels like ESPN and Cinemax and HBO or AMC, forget it because these software programs don't have it. Worse - most of the channels are broken and many are just links to YouTube that contain trailers or clips.

Terrible software and a big scam!

Quote Originally Posted by thisonelies View Post
    I just set up my HTPC and want to watch TV channels through the internet to save on cable/satellite bills. I came accross satellitedirect.com and was pretty impressed with their website, but no amount of googling was enough to find unbias reviews. Literally 10 hours of searching and all I can find are 100's of fake reviews :madgo: planted ** the company to make their software sound great. Should I heed this red flag or does someone have any real experience with this software?

They advertise a $50 one-time fee to download/install and then unlimited access to 3500+ channels.
    Hi
    Sorry for bothering you but could you please let me know how did you go with TV offer ?
    Regards OF :spin2:

i have it and it works for me... beats paying a high cable bill...
    it doesnt have all the channels but it has enough to choose from

my friend has it... and ive seen it in action so i dont think its a scam