+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Datamining MLM Company's Distributor List

Datamining MLM Company's Distributor List

Should MLM companies openly provide public access to their list of distributors? Several MLM companies allow users to search for a sponsor's ID. However, when I datamined MLM company "Yoli" and obtained a list of all their issued Distributor ID numbers along with their corresponding names, Yoli first tried to block my IP address. When that failed, they finally removed the ability to look up a sponsor's ID number.

What do they have to hide? What are they afraid of? Seriously, what kind of business tries to keep their sales people a secret? Does McDonalds hide who their franchise owners are?

I had the same type of issue with USANA as well. I datamined their company for several years. Each time, they changed the method one can look up information on their distributors. What was nice about USANA's list was the fact that you were able to find out what leadership rank each distributor was. This was useful in determining how horribly true the 99% profitless rate is. Well, USANA finally wised up and removed any leadership ranking information for their distributors. If anyone is able to figure out who to see what leadership rank a particular USANA distributor is, please let me know.

So apparantly MLM companies like Yoli do not want the public to know who is a distributor for their company. Is this common amongst all MLM companies?

If you would like me to develop a distributor list for a particular MLM company, send me a private message and provide me a link to a page that allows you to search for a distributor ID number, or something useful in that sense. I'll do my best at developing a list. I will not publish any of the data until I do a complete scan. That way I can get the whole list before they change their system like Yoli did.

Re: Datamining MLM Company's Distributor List

Based on my limited experience with MLM companies, some people in them are paranoid.

maybe tbe companies want to hide the list of reps because of the"poaching" nature of mlm... for instance, a vitascam distributor can get all rhe names if usana dustributors, and can then contact those distributots with a "better" oppurtunity.

mlmers are always ready to leave the company they are with and join another one, because of the addictive nature of mlm, coupled with a feeling of "this will be the one"

they are born to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    I don't know do they? See if you can get a list.

Or how about Raytheon, see if you can find out who their salesman are and company ID#s published.

Or some global list for Bally's Gym sales people and their IDs....

I'd be interested in seeing if you can get access to these things you think you have some sort of right to.
    Good question. I did a quick search for the names and id's of MacDonalds franchisees and the other companies you mentioned and failed to come up with anything.
    Does this mean they are scams?

Thanks.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

I thought I heard something. Did anyone else hear anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Good question. I did a quick search for the names and id's of MacDonalds franchisees and the other companies you mentioned and failed to come up with anything.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclemaster View Post

Do you have an answer to my question, or are you just going to take it off track instead?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Thanks.
    It means if you were seriously interested in a McDonalds or Bally's franchise and you asked head office for a list of franchisees so you could talk to them, the company would be happy to provide that information.

Same thing applies to MLM.

If I was to join say Yoli, the company should be more than willing to provide a list of successful people working the business.

Not the head honchos, but the average guy buried in the pyramid.

If they won't, then yes, they are scams.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    It means if you were seriously interested in a McDonalds or Bally's franchise and you asked head office for a list of franchisees so you could talk to them, the company would be happy to provide that information.

Same thing applies to MLM.

If I was to join say Yoli, the company should be more than willing to provide a list of successful people working the business.

Not the head honchos, but the average guy buried in the pyramid.

If they won't, then yes, they are scams.

You're welcome.
    Thats ok then, most MLMs I've ever known about will gladly put you in touch with a distributor, successful or merely on their way to success.

So the original posters idea of a complete list of distributors is pretty worthless then?

Thats ok then, most MLMs I've ever known about will gladly put you in touch with a distributor, successful or merely on their way to success.

So the original posters idea of a complete list of distributors is pretty worthless then?

McDonalds FDD
    "The 375-page McDonalds FDD is a treasure trove of information about the the franchise program, relationship, the McDonalds investment, working capital, the intensive franchise training program, cost of sales, gross profit and operating profit of McDonalds franchises, etc. The FDD also contains 3 years of audited financial statements on the franchise entity offering McDonalds franchises and a 158-page list of McDonalds franchise owners - their names, store addresses and phone numbers. Also attached as an exhibit to the FDD is the actual 15-page McDonalds franchise agreement. The McDonalds franchise contract, which can be purchased separately, is a true work of art, significantly smaller (and fairer) than most other franchise agreements used in the franchise industry."

Perhaps you should first understand the disclosure rules of a franchise.

And to confuse Raytheon with a franchise or business opportunity shows your ignorance on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by USANAWatchdog View Post
    McDonalds FDD
    "The 375-page McDonalds FDD is a treasure trove of information about the the franchise program, relationship, the McDonalds investment, working capital, the intensive franchise training program, cost of sales, gross profit and operating profit of McDonalds franchises, etc. The FDD also contains 3 years of audited financial statements on the franchise entity offering McDonalds franchises and a 158-page list of McDonalds franchise owners - their names, store addresses and phone numbers. Also attached as an exhibit to the FDD is the actual 15-page McDonalds franchise agreement. The McDonalds franchise contract, which can be purchased separately, is a true work of art, significantly smaller (and fairer) than most other franchise agreements used in the franchise industry."

Perhaps you should first understand the disclosure rules of a franchise.

And to confuse Raytheon with a franchise or business opportunity shows your ignorance on the subject.
    Can I ask, what do you believe is the advantage to a new MLMer, who is most likely joining someone he/she knows, in having a complete list of distributor id's? What will this bring to their business, in your opinion?

I think maybe UW is confusing franchising with MLM. Everyone has the choice to go for either business model, but not everyone has the money for both.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclemaster View Post
    I wondered for a minute, back there. Imagined briefly that I heard someone say "scam", or something? But decided probably not ... :

Can I ask, what do you believe is the advantage to a new MLMer, who is most likely joining someone he/she knows, in having a complete list of distributor id's? What will this bring to their business, in your opinion?
    While handing out personal information willy nilly might not be a good idea, having access to an large distributor population that can be randomly sampled rather than the MLM giving you hand picked contacts would give potential distributors a MUCH more accurate picture of the value of the franchise. MLMers like yourself routinely say real world results are worthless, despite them being an actual measure of the typical value of an MLM franchise (bascially zero).

Just because you say something is worthless doesn't make it worthless, it just means you want people to think it's worthless.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    While handing out personal information willy nilly might not be a good idea, having access to an large distributor population that can be randomly sampled rather than the MLM giving you hand picked contacts would give potential distributors a MUCH more accurate picture of the value of the franchise. MLMers like yourself routinely say real world results are worthless, despite them being an actual measure of the typical value of an MLM franchise (bascially zero).

Just because you say something is worthless doesn't make it worthless, it just means you want people to think it's worthless.
    From personal experience, even the hand picked contacts don't always work out. The people who tried to recruit me into Yoli are no longer selling the product. The same thing happened with the people who tried to recruit me into ACN.

Quote Originally Posted by Owninator View Post
    maybe tbe companies want to hide the list of reps because of the"poaching" nature of mlm... for instance, a vitascam distributor can get all rhe names if usana dustributors, and can then contact those distributots with a "better" oppurtunity.

mlmers are always ready to leave the company they are with and join another one, because of the addictive nature of mlm, coupled with a feeling of "this will be the one"

they are born to fail.
    I've done a couple MLM's before- and I'm here to tell you that money is money. No suprise right? While some MLM's offer car bonuses and extremely high commissions for recruits/sales- it doesn't necessarily make them a scam just because you can't get any recruits. The problem is you get like a 5% success rate =/ it's kinda depressing.

So born to fail is not exactly right- but that rush kinda wears off after a couple weeks of no luck and you start thinking... how come I can make my entire months bills in three days, but haven't made a dime in three weeks? No guaranteed stability.:freak3:

New prospecting business associates would have the opportunity to:

1) See just how overly saturated their hometown is with distributors. The more distributors in a given area, the less likely one of those disributors will be able to retail the product.

2) Contact various associates to ask them questions about their success/unsuccess in the opportunity.

3) Know just how many associates actually exist in the business opportunity.

4) Know who is involved in the business opportunity. Would you think a business opportunity is legit if ex-Enron executives were all at the top? What if Bernie Madoff was a distributor?

Chris, the one and only reason MLM companies do not fall within the Franchise Disclosure Laws is the fact that you can join an MLM for a startup fee less than $500. That's it. So tell me, why should MLMs be allowed to hide their business associates from the public? Why shouldn't a prospecting distributor know who is involved in the business?

You claimed you were unable to find a list of McDonalds franchise owners. Then you asked if they were a scam because the list didn't exist... Well the list does exist and is available to the public. Anyone who wants to consider becoming a franchise owner is privy to the list of franchise owners, and how each and every one of them are doing within their business. That has to be provided to prospecting franchise owners by law.

The fact is, MLMs are the most deceptive business practice in the world. They deceive each and every prospective distributor by not disclosing the percentage of distributors that have not made a profit and the number of distributors that quit each year. These two simple numbers would collapse every MLM pyramid scheme if they were required to be disclosed.

So the main difference between Franchises and MLMs is that franchises have to tell you the truth, MLMs don't have to tell you anything.