+ Reply to Thread

Were your prophet to appear before you..

This question is only really relevant to those that feel that their prophet is above all others, and is 'divine'.

Here we go (it follows from comments on another thread, I made).

Let us say that in a prayer, your prophet, whoever it may be, he or she appeared before you.

As they showed themselves, they told you that the writings within the books, be that the bible, the Koran, whatever, were not the true word, and intent, of the prophet, and that 90% of the real message had been edited out, on purpose, and replaced with something other than the truth.

What would you do?

Would you trust in your prophet, be that Jesus, Mohammed, or whoever?

Would you think you were having a psychotic epidode?

Would you think it was satan himself, trying to deceive?

Thoughts >>>>:
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: Were your prophet to appear before you..

If Jesus came to me in a dream or vision, I would probably think it was just a dream, no matter what he said.
    If He came before me in the flesh and it was really Him, of course, I would believe Him.
    I would have to be 100% sure that it was truly Him though. He warns us about impostors who will come one day and say they are Jesus.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    If He came before me in the flesh and it was really Him, of course, I would believe Him.
    I would have to be 100% sure that it was truly Him though
    Good.

You would believe him, if, in the flesh, he told you that 90% of the Bible was NOT his message, and the real message had been diluted or replaced, by a message of men.

However, two things.

By what measure would you be 100% sure, for you? What would it take? Would a miracle of some type, would that suffice? Or if he could literally take you to see heaven, for a minute, and then back again? Would it take something as incredible as that?

Second;

I appreciate that you say you would need him to appaer in the flesh.

However, would you have a sort of fixed idea of what he would look like, and who he may come as?

Further, god appearing in the dreams of man, is common in the Bible, and was often seen as a way in which he would communicate. And yet, you would dismiss it for you?

Stevex
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

posting error

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    Good.

You would believe him, if, in the flesh, he told you that 90% of the Bible was NOT his message, and the real message had been diluted or replaced, by a message of men.

However, two things.

By what measure would you be 100% sure, for you? What would it take? Would a miracle of some type, would that suffice? Or if he could literally take you to see heaven, for a minute, and then back again? Would it take something as incredible as that?

Second;

I appreciate that you say you would need him to appaer in the flesh.

However, would you have a sort of fixed idea of what he would look like, and who he may come as?

Further, god appearing in the dreams of man, is common in the Bible, and was often seen as a way in which he would communicate. And yet, you would dismiss it for you?

Stevex
    It wouldn't be how he looked, but how he presented. When He comes there will be proof that it is Him that no mortal man can imitate, such as a miracle of sorts. Going to heaven and back, that would sure be proof, but that is not how it is going to go down as far as I understand it. Your thread is a little out of context of how I understand He will be coming back:I don't think He will present to one person, especially me, but to the world. But, in your scenario, I would do as I said I would and be very wary of impersonators that will be very handsome and magnetic and memorizing. His presence and demeanor will be very humble and His looks unremarkable and plain. But there will be no doubt that it is Him for what He presents will be very remarkable and unworldly that no one, not Satan himself, can duplicate.
    As far as appearing in dreams, that was OT and He appeared to prophets. From what I know, after Christ came (NT) the prophecy came to fruition and God no longer had a reason to present in dreams since there would no longer be true prophets on earth-there are plenty of false ones though.
    Last edited by HotParadox; 02-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars