+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heard of Freelance Work Exchange?

I've checked through a lot of threads, and hopefully I haven't overlooked anything on this one. If I have, I'm sorry...

Has anyone heard of Freelance Work Exchange? A few friends of mine just signed up for this and are 'waiting' for the work to come in. I just recently started receiving emails from them to sign-up for a $2.95 trial membership for 7 days. There's nothing on the BBB about them and after looking on their website it states there is a $29.95 fee per month. I'm not interested in joining a company that not only charges a fee like that to work for them, let alone monthly. I'm just looking for some info to pass along to my friends who are signing up with this, they really haven't done much homework on this before signing up.

Any info would be great, thanks!

Angie :eek:

Re: Heard of Freelance Work Exchange?

The Freelance Work Exchange is basically just a posting board where freelancers can look through available jobs. Your friends will have to send out their resumes and such to the individual employers on every job. There are a lot of jobs posted there, but I don't think it's worth around thirty dollars a month for access. Probably better to seek free freelance posting boards, or jobs in local employment offices. A quick Google search should turn up several free posting boards they can check. Putting some information online about their skills and accomplishments would help as well.

I wouldn't say it's a scam, it delivers exactly what it claims, I just don't think it's worth what they charge. Some time and research would be worth more.

Colin Neilson

Thanks, Colin, for the info! I'll pass that along to my girlfriends...

Angie :D

This is a waste of time. I signed up for this and it is useless, there are postings on there for jobs, but not a hell of a lot. I'd say that even if the site has 100 users then the amount of jobs won't be enough for freelance work. Also there are only one or two new job posts a day if you are lucky.

They don't post a phone number and they NEVER answer their e-mail nor do they answer if you post a support ticket in the members area.

I don't know where they got their testimonials from, but they must be made up testimonials.

They say that they encourage every employer to respond to you when you apply for a job even if they won't hire you. I have applied to basically every post they had on the site and haven't gotten the first reply yet.

On top of that I am having trouble cancelling it because they won't respond to me e-mails with my request to cancel it so I am going to call or e-mail their payment (CCBill) and let them deal with it or have the credit card company do a chargeback if they try to bill me again.

This is a waste of time and money, not worth a dime. Don't do it. I heard it a million times "don't pay to find work". Should have listened.

I don't want to pay for this kind of programs when there are other freelance websites that are free to sign up and bid on jobs. My sig has a few I use and make money from.

I wish I'd seen this thread before I paid the money to join Freelance Work Exchange. I paid the initial $2.95 and sent out resumes, then thought I'd give it another two months, just in case. I must have sent out over 100 resumes (and I was more than qualified for most of them). I got 1!!! response that I was not what they were looking for.

After the second month, and my unemployment was running out, I tried to cancel and could not get a response. Since I paid through PayPal, I cancelled the automatic withdrawl to them. This was the only way I could get them to stop taking money out of my account.

I don't think there ever were any jobs available. If so, there aren't very many. The e-book you get from them only directs you to other Freelance sites, but they aren't full of a lot of information.

I have gotten a couple responses from Independent Homeworkers Alliance, (http://www.homeworkers.org), and actually got paid what they said they would pay for a freelance writing job. There are a couple thousand jobs there, but you have to pay $14.88 a month for membership. I only got two responses, but the one actually came through as a real job.

I don't know of any more freelance job sites that are not scams, but I definacely DON'T recommend Freelance Work Exchange!!!

Oh, damn it all...

I've been searching and searching for some freelance work sites, and I had hopes for the Freelance Work Exchange site. I figured, three bucks to see what it's about, why not? But, I hadn't finished my homework on the site yet so I didn't join. And, thanks to this thread, I won't be. And yeah, I think the testimonials are mostly made up. I tried tracking down several of the people in those testimonials and came up with nada. Doesn't really mean anything but still, it doesn't leave an easy feeling in the gut.

Thanks guys.

There are freelance websites like GAF, RAC where you can join for free. Also try craigslist.

I thought the 3bucks was ok too.
    But then you have to pay 30 more each month? Lol, that's a joke...
    Freelance Work Exchange
    http://freelanceworkexchange.com

TheContentClub special discount
    http://thecontentclub.cjb.net/

If you ar looking to do a freelance work, you can check elance.com, I am not familiar if there is a membership fee or if it is free all I am is a buyer of their services.

It works like ebay except reverse auction. Someone post a job (ex: press release, editing or website design to document language translations) then the elance members bid on the job (according to the range you posted that person who posted the job is willing to pay). Once the bid closed, the buyer pays the contracted work through elance and the freelance who gets the job pays a certain % of the auction closing amount.

I had posted a total of 4 assignments there (2 press releases and 2 ad copy for 30 sec and 60 sec radio spot to date) the quality of writers are excellent. Most of them work for or had worked for Corp America and are truly experts. So if you have the same talent check them out.
    Last edited by dca477; 10-16-2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling for clarity

Elance has some of the best freelance jobs posted, but the fees can be high for someone just starting

12. 10-16-2006, 07:02 PM

Hertford, DO NOT POST AFFILIATE LINKS!!!! And the sites you posted are all scams, so do us a favor and delete your post!!!

Sadly, yes I have. And thanks to this thread, I just cancelled my account through ccbill.

I had purchased that ultimate work at home jobs (which sucks.. if I knew what I know now I wouldnt have paid for it) :( and the freelance is also a part of it. and I went to BBB.org and found some info about the so called company. and if awarren wants to read about it. you need the name, city and state and it will pull up. do any one know of any jobs that can be done online. I am currently out or work. and I 3 small children. I would loveto find something so I can stay home w/ my children. oh and my daycare is $1200/month. I have been looking for work online, but it seems that everything is a scam. :mad: you have processing emails (i was going to try that and changed my mind), then I ran across one that will pay you for paid refund jobs...the lady name id christine cooper. it's also in BBB. Not GOOD. someone HELP. thanks :D

Hi

This is Rob from Freelance Work Exchange.

First of all, let me assure you that we offer a genuine service that has helped thousands of freelancers find work and make money. But if anyone has experienced any difficulties with their subscription, please contact me at rob (at) freelanceworkexchange.com and I will personally ensure that they are resolved.

Best wishes

Rob
    Freelance Work Exchange

I got no bites at all my first week. I went to cancel the day I thought my membership expired, and they'd already charged me for the next month. I can't seem to get that money back now no matter what I do, including emailing "Rob." What a waste of time and $33.