+ Reply to Thread

email scams (some convincing & others stupid)

Here is a email I received. Feels like a scam.

"Hello,

The Czech company "FINANCIAL & TRADE" together with the job finder resource is currently accepting applications for the position of a regional manager.

As you are looking for a job, this offer is for you. Our company is expanding its services in the territory of the USA, therefore we give you a chance to become our representative in your state.

This position does not have anything to do with net marketing. All you need is a motivation and a need to make money. Our staff are being trained in the work process, that is why we do not require any special skills and knowledge from you.

You should meet only the following requirements:

- not younger than 21 years old;

- US citizenship or US work permit;

- communication skills;

- trainability.

The choice is based on the results of the online interview.

Working for our company you have:

- flexible work schedule;

- good and steady income;

- career perspectives, etc.

If you want to know more about this position and also if you want us to review your application, please, send us an e-mail to [email protected]

Do not forget to leave your contact information (full name, telephone, e-mail address).

Our manager will contact you during 48 hours and provide you with the necessary information.

Thank you."
    Scammy?
    Last edited by derekcaldwell; 02-23-2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: changing subject name
    Thanks,

Derek

Note:Some of my posts might not be scams but I've decided to post all "suspicious" emails I receive on this website. The hope is to allow the search engines to pick up the content so that others can atleast have a chance to make their own choices when searching for the validity of their job offer, email, etc...

Re: email scam?Subject is "Are you looking for a j

Yes, scammy.

Our company is expanding its services in the territory of the USA, therefore we give you a chance to become our representative in your state
    Due to that line, it sounds like a variation of the 'cash the fake check and Western Union the money back to the scammer using a fake ID' or maybe the 'accept packages bought with stolen credit cards and reship them at your own expense to the scammer'.

Scammers are always saying that their company is booming and they can't handle the huge quanity of customers and payments they receive.
    Last edited by Meri Widow; 02-22-2010 at 07:41 AM.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Or maybe they actually interview you, tell you you have the job, and that they are going to need your bank account number in order to process direct deposit payments to you.

:madgo:

they are going to need your bank account number in order to process direct deposit payments to you
    Yes, thanks, forgot about that one. Similiar to the "cash the fake check", that scenerio entails you opening a bank account and the scammer makes deposits from stolen credit cards, spoofed paypal accounts or unsuspecting victims make a deposit thinking they are paying for cheap electronics. Either way, you are suppose to Western Union or moneygram the cash back to the scammer. The only real life job is the victim paying back the bank for the bounced check/fake deposit and explaining to the bank and police why he/she is laundrying money for crimminals.

Re: email scam?

Another email I got. Ridiculous but sad that they use service men and women in these.

"Dear Friend,
    I'm an Army engineer, here in Ba'qubah in Iraq,We have some money we need to get out of the country. We need your help to do it, and we're willing to give you a good percentage of 30% in exchange for your help if you're up to the job, do get back to me asap.
    Thanks for your time and understanding.
    Sgt Perry Rice."
    Thanks,

Derek

Note:Some of my posts might not be scams but I've decided to post all "suspicious" emails I receive on this website. The hope is to allow the search engines to pick up the content so that others can atleast have a chance to make their own choices when searching for the validity of their job offer, email, etc...

Re: email scams (some convincing & others stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by derekcaldwell View Post
    Here is a email I received. Feels like a scam.

"Hello,
    The Czech company "FINANCIAL & TRADE" together with the job finder resource is currently accepting applications for the position of a regional manager.
    As you are looking for a job, this offer is for you. Our company is expanding its services in the territory of the USA, therefore we give you a chance to become our representative in your state.
    This position does not have anything to do with net marketing. All you need is a motivation and a need to make money. Our staff are being trained in the work process, that is why we do not require any special skills and knowledge from you.
    You should meet only the following requirements:
    - not younger than 21 years old;
    - US citizenship or US work permit;
    - communication skills;
    - trainability.
    The choice is based on the results of the online interview.
    Working for our company you have:
    - flexible work schedule;
    - good and steady income;
    - career perspectives, etc.

If you want to know more about this position and also if you want us to review your application, please, send us an e-mail to [email protected]
    Do not forget to leave your contact information (full name, telephone, e-mail address).
    Our manager will contact you during 48 hours and provide you with the necessary information.
    Thank you."
    Scammy?

Yep, if they were looking for a regional manager, then I would expect they would be looking for people with experience. They dont put this though because they want the scam to be open to as many people as possible.

"Dear Friend,
    I'm an Army engineer, here in Ba'qubah in Iraq,We have some money we need to get out of the country. We need your help to do it, and we're willing to give you a good percentage of 30% in exchange for your help if you're up to the job, do get back to me asap.
    Sgt Perry Rice."

This is a poor attempt at Advanced Fee Fraud. I have seen much more convincing efforts along the same lines than this. If you fall for this, then god help you.

Another email I got. Ridiculous but sad that they use service men and women in these.

"Dear Friend,
    Sgt Perry Rice."

The next email in this series is probably going to mention 'trunk boxes' of cash and that your need to email the 'shipping' company, then comes the request for cash sent to cover the shipping fees (and some excuse as to why the 'military man' can't just take some cash from the box to pay the 'shipping company').

Definitely a scam, thanks for posting it up, you could also add the scammer's email address, just one more thing to help make the scam more google-able.