+ Reply to Thread

'....he who the SON sets free IS FREE INDEED....'

Friends,

I wrote this for a Christian friend, sort of as a subtle or gentle warning about how to direct your life, and how you can be MIS- directed in your life, as was I, for so very long.

( I was duped into following Herbert Armstrong for 20 years, from my youth. He was very controlling in a way similar to Jehovah's Witnesses' control tactics. )

------------------------

"" Herbert Armstrong's Church also acted to cause us members to gradually cut all ties to people who did not think exactly as he wanted us, to manipulate us to cut ourselves off from all who were not part of his particular organization. Psychologically, he actually got us to do his work for him. Ultimately, he got under one's skin by getting you to think you did not deserve TO BE HAPPY apart from him and his influence.

I have discovered that we all have a right to be happy without that being taken away by anybody. EVER.

Once a person controls your happiness, they control all of you, basically.

Such a simple concept to state, yet we are all so vulnerable to the manipulations :

Once a person controls your happiness, they control ALL OF YOU, basically.....

But first, they have to convince you either that YOU ARE unhappy, or that you ought to be unhappy about some situation, or that you do not deserve to be happy in your present state and that you need to do THEIR bidding for you to be happy. That THEY ONLY have the solution to this supposed ' problem '. ( It is called ' the straw man principle '- create a fake problem for people out of thin air and then turn around and offer just as fake a ' solution ' ).

But it ALL STARTS with them somehow someway convincing you that you in fact ARE UNHAPPY.

I lived 2/3 of a human lifetime before I saw and understood this :

Human beings will literally SAY and DO literally ANYTHING to get control of you through whatever avenues and channels work best ON YOU ( different methods work most effectively on different people ). And the ones doing this will have NO CONSCIENCE WHATSOEVER as to the detrimental effects their ways are having on people they influence- it is called sociopathology. They care NOTHING about their own role in harming people's lives. They care nothing about the bad effects their words and ways have on the people they influence. As long as social power and wealth flow in the direction they like most- TOWARDS THEM.....

Also, a powerful effect of all this- is the working of a very strong desire by those around you TO MAKE YOU CONFORM to what the leader expects. The people around you, the other followers, will again do the leader's bidding for him- do his work for him- and they also will do and say literally anything to get you to conform, or, if your eyes begin to open, and you begin to wake up to the reality of the subtle workings of this manipulation going on, then they will see to it that you are ' put out of the Synagogue '. Put you out of fellowship BEFORE you have a chance TO HELP WAKE UP SOME OTHERS ! The ' leader ' cannot have dissension in the ranks, now, can he ? ! He cannot have dissension rising like a tide and steering people's loyalties AWAY FROM HIM, can he ? !

In other words- the Leader just HATES to see THE SAME MEDICINE GIVEN TO HIM THAT HE GAVE TO OTHERS ! ! The Leader, he who initially got you to stop following the Path God gave you from birth, the Leader who initially convinced you that you ought to be unhappy about YOUR path in life- he who got you TO LEAVE your path to imitate HIS path, bait and switch, the leader who now resents that someone ELSE has come along CAUSING YOU TO QUESTION YOUR PATH ONCE AGAIN- well, the Leader just resents that the same tactic he used TO ENSLAVE YOU is now the same tactic being used by others TO SET YOU FREE.....

' .....he who the SON sets free IS FREE INDEED..... '

And that is an important KEY here :

For, this process works most insidiously when the Leader CAN GET YOU TO CENSOR YOUR OWN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS without his constant prodding or monitoring, when he can bring you to the point where he no longer has to convince you or threaten or scare you into submission, but when you are brought to the point that this conditioning HAS YOU COMPLETELY SELF- CORRECTING- the Leader now HAS YOU ON ' AUTO PILOT '. HE OWNS YOU !!!

I know from hard hard experience- IT PRACTICALLY DOES TAKE AN ACT OF GOD TO SET YOU FREE ! ! !

' .....he who the SON sets free IS FREE INDEED..... ' ""

Ahbleza Kevin

Re: '....he who the SON sets free IS FREE INDEED....'

I just wonder : where does this guy get the authority to make such claims for himself ?

Just who is this guy to be questioning, no, rebelling against, all standing authority he ever comes across ? !

WHO IS HE ? !

Moreover, WHY DO THE AUTHORITIES JUST LET HIM FLY ON BY AND RAGE ON LIKE NOTHING IS HAPPENING ? !

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

?????
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 01-03-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4WindShaman View Post
    I just wonder : where does this guy get the authority to make such claims for himself ?

Just who is this guy to be questioning, no, rebelling against, all standing authority he ever comes across ? !

WHO IS HE ? !

Moreover, WHY DO THE AUTHORITIES JUST LET HIM FLY ON BY AND RAGE ON LIKE NOTHING IS HAPPENING ? !

Who are you referring to? Kevin, Herbert, or Jesus?

If Jesus, then God gave him authority. Kings and Queens bow at the mention of his name. The whole world stops and recognizes his birth and death, and rising from the dead. The crazy ole feller is remaking the world. Who is he? the virgin born Son of God, the Creator.

As far as raging on, or flying by, not sure what you speak of.

Now....if you were speaking of Kevin or Herbert.....that's a different story all together. But Kevin does seem to be a pretty good ole boy.
    whack it:judges:

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    I thought God WAS Jesus!!!

God, I'm so confused. :freak3:

God is the father of Jesus, and Mary is the mother of Jesus but, basically joseph is his father but, God created him, I hope I cleared this out to you.

I thought God WAS Jesus!!!

God, I'm so confused. :freak3:

Quote Originally Posted by Poynt View Post
    God is the father of Jesus, and Mary is the mother of Jesus but, basically joseph is his father but, God created him, I hope I cleared this out to you.
    Don't look for too much clarity or consistency on this- the topic of the Trinity is one that sort of defies logic. And when you add Marianism in to the mix as well- but no, I'm sure they're still monotheists somehow.
    -Jestakilla
    the Erudite Juggalo

Defies logic?

Hmmmm. Sort of like the whole concept of religion itself.

Now I get it.

Thanks!

The trinity concept is a really hard concept, but when you read the Bible you can connect the dots. John 1 verse 1 links and explains plainly that God is Jesus. John 1:1-2 1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. You can read the whole chapter to see that JESUS is GOD.

Who was the Word? JESUS is the word made flesh. Use the concordance of your Bible, if it has one, to look for the term WORD and JESUS and see how the Bible makes clear that the WORD is JESUS. John 1:14 14) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Now Go to Genesis 1:1-2 1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2) Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. Notice how it says " and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters". Now you have the HOLY SPIRIT in the Beginning with GOD and JESUS.

Let's go back to John 1:1 - In the Beginning was JESUS, and JESUS was with GOD, and JESUS was GOD. People cannot grasp how could there be 3 beings in 1 person. The simplest explanation I can give is: GOD does not need to explain his existence to us for we are human beings who have a limited view of GOD. Even Moses only saw God's back parts. Exodus 33:20-23

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
    21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
    22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
    23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

In summary: GOD is too big for us too understand. There are some things that can be explained only by Him and that's why we have to trust in Him and you can ask Him yourself because he will lead you to the truth of His glory.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about Jesus and God. Was Jesus God or just another prophet. Is Jesus part of the trinity. If so, explain the trinity. Here is another perspective to ponder. What if God is a duality and he came into the world as Jesus. Then, there is no trinity, just duality.

I admit to holding some strange ideas about God and Jesus. I believe God is and always has been a duality. Then, assuming God came into the world as Jesus, he would have revealed his dual nature. Gospel authors and Paul, not comprehending God's duality, declared that Jesus was the son of God. Well, mostly, except when God the father was Jesus. I suppose it was the best they could do under the circumstances. I don't think the duality idea will ever take off. The concept seems to be foreign to the human mind. However, there is a way of proving duality, its found in nature and through the universe.

There are a lot of applications. Species have two legs, two arms, two eyes, two ears, two wings, etc. In nature you find pairs everywhere. Then in the formation of the universe and physical laws you find such things as Matter and Anti-Matter, negative and positive charges, neutrons and protons, gravitational forces holding in place planets, solar systems, galaxies, and even black holes. Then in science we have balancing equations. I am sure a scientist could do a much better job finding duality in nature.

In short, you find duality everywhere because it's God's DNA.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-12-2014 at 07:54 PM.