+ Reply to Thread

vehicle4yourfamily.com BOGUS!!

Buyer beware, if you stumble across a website online called "vehicle4yourfamily.com"... do not bother. The whole thing is a scam. They have other people/dealerships vehicles online "for sale"..

My boyfriend just lost $1900 to this site. They email you and go thru an "ebay rep"... respond/comment for more info. I have only seen one similar story about this website and people should know!!

Re: vehicle4yourfamily.com BOGUS!!

website looks fake. they want to sell cars but have no phone number for you to call. claimed fax number is in california, while the dealer claims to be in florida.

vehicle4yourfamily@gmail.com

is that the email of the person your boyfriend was dealing with?
    Last edited by mumbles; 02-15-2010 at 01:06 PM.

3. 02-15-2010, 01:12 PM
    Reason
    seem to be honest businesses

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1244071

has a related discussion

Re: 2004 Silver NSX on Ebay jh4na216x4t000088

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's still for sell all over the internet.

http://www.vehicle4yourfamily.com/70...Acura_NSX.html

Sorry to hear that your boyfiend was scammed. The red flags for that site are:

1) gmail (instead of a company server)
    2) the address is a residential single family home (actually go to google map.com & click on satellite view)
    3) no phone number (only fax)

From the who-is:
    Updated Date: 11-oct-2009
    Creation Date: 11-oct-2009
    Expiration Date: 11-oct-2010
    A one year registration is always highly suspicious.

You didn't say how your boyfriend sent the cash for the car he never saw in person or had a mechanic check out, but I bet it was by anonymous Western Union or moneygram. Both of those money transfer companies do NOT verify the pick-up person's name, address, country or even the gender of said person.

Any company, charity or employer that wants you to send cash by Western Union or moneygram is a fake, fraud, run by scammers. Period. No exceptions.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

The transaction was done through a moneygram at Walmart. They did tell us that the person would have to verify a photo ID. We called the number on the moneygram receipt and they were able to tell us where it was picked up and when... Most walmarts have cameras in those areas I would imagine..

Not all moneygram locations are in Walmarts. Some are stand-alone building in rural areas in third world countries. Cameras? Some barely have electricity. Even if there was a camera, how are you going to get your hands on that tape? How will you prove the person who picked up the cash is or is not the same person as the name on the form? Do you have a photo of the person you sent the cash to, as a comparison? Can moneygram even tell you where the money was picked up, street address, city, country?

Not all people in all locations have ID, so the clerk just types in the magic number you gave the scammer, the question/answer you sent and hands over the cash. I bet you sent that magic MTCN 8-digit number and question/answer, didn't you? Those are the only things the scammer needed to pick up his cash.

In fact, some moneygram and Western Union locations are well aware of the fraud that is going on and will charges a 'non-ID service fee' (bribe the moneygram clerk) and hand off the cash.

Your money is gone, there is not a vehicle to ship. The person who picked up the cash used a fake name and is long gone.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

the owner if the ip block is:

OrgName: iWeb Technologies Inc.
    OrgID: GIT-20
    Address: 20, place du Commerce
    City: Montreal
    StateProv: QC
    PostalCode: H3E-1Z6

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE1906-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse Coordinator
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-514-286-4242
    OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@noc.privatedns.com

Meri Widow,

Thanks for all the info. I do know EXACTLY where and when it was picked up. It was at a Wal-mart. They did use an ID, whether or not it was fake, I don't know. But nonetheless I appreciate your comment. Obviously there was no car to begin with otherwise I wouldn't be on this site.