+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 117

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Does it say in the Bible whether or not Jesus died, as a virgin, having never had sex with anyone?

    I cannot recall it ever saying that, so, if it were known that he did in fact have sex, and find women sexually attractive, would this make him, in the eyes of Christians, any less 'divine'?

    Or how about if he made a women pregnant? Would that make him less divine(sic), or would it actually be very interesting, as we might even have a blood relative, in our midst?

    Anyway, off to get ready for my Valentine's day dinner, so have fun..


    YWFT
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  2. 02-14-2010, 10:39 AM


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    I'm not aware that it does say in words that "Jesus was a virgin" but it does say He was perfect.
    The acts of coveting and adultery and fornication fall under the Law of Moses. Jesus was of the Hebrew faith and was an avid student and teacher of the Talmud and understood and practiced it perfectly, according to the Bible.
    Jesus is not only 100% man but He is also 100% God (that's the math, not a typo) and the Bible teaches that, as such, He was without sin. If He is 100% God, it would be reasonable for a Christian to put 2+2 together and come up with the answer that He was 100% pure.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    350

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    the virginity of Jesus is really a side issue caused by the Church( sorry to admt this) and also the accepted and rejected biblical inclusions by the committee "Council of Nicaea" led by a Pagan roman in 325 AD...very illuminating really. If you get a chance looking into the rejected offerings(now called generally the Gnostic gospels) in particular the Magdelene Gospel.

    The Catholic Church also allowed its priests to be married up until 1022 and then in 1139 Pope Innocent the 2nd voided all existing marriages of priests.

    This was done to protect property via inheritance rules of differening countries....the Church was loosing to many properties. Priests had to build their own places of worship and then when they passed on their children inhertited these places not the Church.
    Sex and Christian religion has been a manufactured issue since that.
    There really is no Biblical issue excepting the teachings against adultery and coveting.
    I am away from this morn for a while so sorry if I didnt answer fully and you require more info, but it should provide some places to begin your searches.
    Last edited by consolidation; 02-14-2010 at 04:50 PM.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    I'm not aware that it does say in words that "Jesus was a virgin" but it does say He was perfect.
    The acts of coveting and adultery and fornication fall under the Law of Moses. Jesus was of the Hebrew faith and was an avid student and teacher of the Talmud and understood and practiced it perfectly, according to the Bible.
    Jesus is not only 100% man but He is also 100% God (that's the math, not a typo) and the Bible teaches that, as such, He was without sin. If He is 100% God, it would be reasonable for a Christian to put 2+2 together and come up with the answer that He was 100% pure.
    'Pure' is so subjective.

    In the case of Jesus, it could be taken and applied, so many ways.

    It could mean that he was pure in thought, in that he did not desire riches, nor measure a man by them.

    It could mean a number of things.

    I beleive he was said to be around 34, when he died.

    Sex isn't a sin, it is natural. Therefore, if he did have sex, then he would still be pure(sic), he would just be being natural. Heck, for all we know, he may even have gone on to get married, or even have had children?

    The Bible doesn't mention that he did, but it doesn't say that he didn't, just as much.


    Steve
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    'Pure' is so subjective.

    In the case of Jesus, it could be taken and applied, so many ways.

    It could mean that he was pure in thought, in that he did not desire riches, nor measure a man by them.

    It could mean a number of things.

    I beleive he was said to be around 34, when he died.

    Sex isn't a sin, it is natural. Therefore, if he did have sex, then he would still be pure(sic), he would just be being natural. Heck, for all we know, he may even have gone on to get married, or even have had children?

    The Bible doesn't mention that he did, but it doesn't say that he didn't, just as much.


    Steve
    If jesus was actually God's sone, he would have "God genes". And if he got some woman pregnant, there would be little diluted God genes floating around.

    The way our research is going, should there be some strange God gene, we'll find it.

    However I tend to agree with Consolidated. Virginity of Jesus is a red herring, totally off the course of any discussion of truth.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    'Pure' is so subjective.

    In the case of Jesus, it could be taken and applied, so many ways.

    It could mean that he was pure in thought, in that he did not desire riches, nor measure a man by them.

    It could mean a number of things.

    I beleive he was said to be around 34, when he died.

    Sex isn't a sin, it is natural. Therefore, if he did have sex, then he would still be pure(sic), he would just be being natural. Heck, for all we know, he may even have gone on to get married, or even have had children?

    The Bible doesn't mention that he did, but it doesn't say that he didn't, just as much.


    Steve
    I meant pure as in perfect. He was perfect, without sin and fornication is a sin. For centuries, mainstream Christian scholars who have studied, translated and picked apart the Bible all agree that as a perfect non-sinner, He was a virgin. They also agree that he never married and his love for Mary was platonic and unconditional, something that seems foreign to many of us who can't love unless there is a condition attached-such as sex. We mix up lust for love. He didn't.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    If jesus was actually God's sone, he would have "God genes". And if he got some woman pregnant, there would be little diluted God genes floating around.
    .
    Interesting idea.

    And, to run with that idea, these descendants of Jesus/god, I wonder if they (today), are entirely unaware of their heritage, or if they are aware, in some way..
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    I meant pure as in perfect. He was perfect, without sin and fornication is a sin. For centuries, mainstream Christian scholars who have studied, translated and picked apart the Bible all agree that as a perfect non-sinner, He was a virgin. They also agree that he never married and his love for Mary was platonic and unconditional, something that seems foreign to many of us who can't love unless there is a condition attached-such as sex. We mix up lust for love. He didn't.
    To have sex is not a sin

    How can this make sense.

    We have a means of reproduction, just as with any species.

    We can have no real idea what his relationship was like, either with MM, or indeed, other parts of his life, because, many large gaps exist, and, besides, perhaps there are just some things that were never witnessed, since Jesus also valued some sort of private life?
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    To have sex is not a sin

    How can this make sense.

    We have a means of reproduction, just as with any species.

    We can have no real idea what his relationship was like, either with MM, or indeed, other parts of his life, because, many large gaps exist, and, besides, perhaps there are just some things that were never witnessed, since Jesus also valued some sort of private life?
    Sex outside of marriage is fornication. Fornication is a sin. As I said before, fornication falls under the Law of Moses. Jesus was of the Hebrew faith and was an avid student and teacher of the Talmud and understood and practiced it perfectly ie without sin. That would include fornication.
    We do have a real idea of His relationships via, as I pointed out, centuries of historical Christian scholars. You don't buy it, but mainstream Christianity does.
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox View Post
    Sex outside of marriage is fornication. Fornication is a sin. .
    Why?

    It doesn't seem so bad, to me.
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  12. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    Why?

    It doesn't seem so bad, to me.
    ya, me either :)
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    Interesting idea.

    And, to run with that idea, these descendants of Jesus/god, I wonder if they (today), are entirely unaware of their heritage, or if they are aware, in some way..
    That's what much UFO literature developed, with the book by Brad Steiger called "Mysteries of Time And Space".

    Steiger poits out that ther may be simple, yet unaware people, not aware of any special identity, who are quietly shepherded by their cosmic Big Borthers, in a process of genetic development that may involve generations of physica and mental progression. Sounds like Romans 8:29-30 to me.

  14. 02-15-2010, 12:01 PM

    Reason
    clueless

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by derekcaldwell View Post
    he did have sex
    And you know this, how..?
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    That's what much UFO literature developed, with the book by Brad Steiger called "Mysteries of Time And Space".

    Steiger poits out that ther may be simple, yet unaware people, not aware of any special identity, who are quietly shepherded by their cosmic Big Borthers, in a process of genetic development that may involve generations of physica and mental progression. Sounds like Romans 8:29-30 to me.

    There are those who have speculated that man was effectively spawned by 'people from the sky', mating with humans. And that the Garden of Eden is not what most think it to be, but something far different, yet just as interesting.
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    i asked. that's all i need.

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,583

    Re: Did Jesus die a virgin?

    Quote Originally Posted by derekcaldwell View Post
    i asked. that's all i need.
    You asked..?

    Asked if Jesus had sex?

    Asked who?
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Similar Threads

  1. Virgin cleansing myth
    By yassinesd in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 11:52 AM
  2. Fraud at Virgin Media Hook
    By alanar in forum Corporate Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 02:12 PM
  3. Are You A Wise Or Foolish Virgin?
    By rogerbovee in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 04:08 AM
  4. Virgin Mary?
    By bogie in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 04:08 PM
  5. Consumergain Virgin; my experience
    By peostus in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 05:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •