+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zip Design. Anyone heard of this company?

Zip Design, Inc.
    This company has offered an at home job, and I want to know if anyone had received a job offer from them?
    If so, are they for real or a scam?

Re: Anyone heard of this company

what do they want you to do?
    Last edited by mumbles; 02-15-2010 at 04:11 PM.

They are a graphic design company.
    They want to hire me as an independent contractor (1099).
    They have offered me a contract: Salary, and commission on sales.
    They have asked that i link a bank account to them.
    They are based in Australia and want to expand to the states.
    Anyone hear form this company offering a job?

no. as soon as they said "link a bank account" it was a clue that the person does not represent a real company. it is a scam. they will steal money, have it sent to you and you will think its your job to send it on by western union. there is no company that ever has company money put into employee's bank account for transfers. there is no such work at home job.

it appears there is an honest company by that name in UK, but the crook emailing you does not represent that company or any other company.

Quote Originally Posted by stockofwine View Post
    They have asked that i link a bank account to them.
    There is nothing good will come of it. Legitimate companies do not do money transfers through independent contractors. They can always open foreign bank account through large local bank. Chances are scammers want you to be money mule to clean money from hacked accounts. And at the end, you will owe bank all the money you have transferred out of the account.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 02-12-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Domain name: zipdesigninc.com

Name servers:
    ns1.zipdesigninc.com
    ns2.zipdesigninc.com

Registrar: Regtime Ltd.
    Creation date: 2010-01-11

i think a graphic design firm would be able to make a better logo.
    Last edited by mumbles; 02-15-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Yes the giveaway here is the registration date on the domain, only 1 month old, despite the company claiming they were formed in 2008.

Thanks for the quick response. This will really help me.

Yes I heard from them also today and the red flag went up when they wanted you to upload your bank account information. SORRY not for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    what do they want you to do?

Yeah, I just got offered a job by this company as well. The fact that they are ready to hire me right away without any background check, references, face to face interview, etc makes me very wary. And the fact that they want me to set up a bank account frightens me! Normal companies have a finance department that handles those kinds of transactions. They say that they are sending me some information about the job and I plan on forwarding it to my attorney just to see what kind of scam it is that they are running. If something sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

Re: Zip Design. Anyone heard of this company?

you don't need to waste money on a lawyer. we already told you what it is.

anybody can go to office supply and buy blank checks. everybody has a printer. on the internet, crooks can buy account numbers, like yours or mine. its too dangerous for the crook to go to the bank to cash the check, so he hires you to do it. you send the money by to the crook untracable western union. the only one the police can find is you. your bank will make sure you pay back every penny.

Okay i've done some research. They claim to have a portfolio of design work. I looked at one of their clients, fox Tale houseboats. But I went to their website and it says that a company called Pop Corn Design created their logo and website. So I contact Pop Corn. They have a portfolio page also. It is http://www.pop-corn.com.au/graphicdesign.html. funny thing is it's the exact same as Zip Design Inc portfolio page. I contacted Pop Corn and they said in no way are they affiliated with this company. They actually said they were in their words "dodgy pricks". So I called Michelle with Zip Design the same lady I had a "phone interview" with. She said they were sub-contractors for Pop Corn. She was also very rude when I started questioning her about supplying my bank account information. So after getting off the phone I told her to go ahead and still send me my "web password". Never recevied the email. Here's the number I got when I called her 347-417-5857.

I did send another email to Pop Corn thinking maybe who ever replied to my orginal email was unaware of the "sub contractor" relationship. I hope to hear back from the mtoday. I'll post their response here when i get it. This scamming stuff sure does get old.

Again, I want to thank everyone for the effort given to find out about this company.

I also have had an interview and was sent a contract, everything you guys have been saying is correct. I have to admit though it is still a little confusing because they sent me the web software, and it has a bunch of marketing/sales techniques, and is pretty sophisticated. They told me i have to have my bank info uploaded to officially start work. The main thing that is confusing me is the sophistication of the package (the web software), but my HUGE red flag is giving them my bank account information when I dont know a lot about them (b/c they are in australia). My question to everyone is that concept for an outsourcing company to ask this 100% illegal and an absolute sign this is a scam? So if a company asks for your bank account or that you have to open a separate account to do business, it is 100% a scam all of the time? Any feedback would help, I have to admit i am bummed because i have been looking for a job for months and I was excited at this if it was for real :(

Quote Originally Posted by positive4christ View Post
    I also have had an interview and was sent a contract, everything you guys have been saying is correct. I have to admit though it is still a little confusing because they sent me the web software, and it has a bunch of marketing/sales techniques, and is pretty sophisticated. They told me i have to have my bank info uploaded to officially start work. The main thing that is confusing me is the sophistication of the package (the web software), but my HUGE red flag is giving them my bank account information when I dont know a lot about them (b/c they are in australia). My question to everyone is that concept for an outsourcing company to ask this 100% illegal and an absolute sign this is a scam? So if a company asks for your bank account or that you have to open a separate account to do business, it is 100% a scam all of the time? Any feedback would help, I have to admit i am bummed because i have been looking for a job for months and I was excited at this if it was for real :(
    i never received the email for the web software. I'm kinda like you in being confused. The Pop Corn thing mentioned above still seems really odd too me. i would love to check out the web software. If you don't mind give me the info to log on unless it is confidential. If not that is cool. I'll continue to wait for "Michelle" to send me info. My gut says I'll never get it.

Ok, I just emailed another company from zip design inc. portfolio called street fleet, they had their logo right on their page. The nice man emailed me back right away and said he had never heard of, nor used zip design inc. for their graphics, and that they actually used a company called popcorn. Zip design inc. has probably stolen logo designs from this company. This is a scam! We need to let everyone know this because this was a tricky one! I am very smart person, and I had to do a lot of research because it was tricky how many basis they covered! How can we report this so more people know about it?