+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 147

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    More Uranium Reportedly Found in Iran
    May 12 11:09 AM US/Eastern
    By GEORGE JAHN
    Associated Press Writer

    EXCERPT

    VIENNA, Austria


    The U.N. atomic agency found traces of highly enriched uranium at an Iranian site linked to the country's defense ministry, diplomats said Friday, adding to concerns that Tehran was hiding activities aimed at making nuclear arms.

    The diplomats, who demanded anonymity in exchange for revealing the confidential information, said the findings were preliminary and still had to be confirmed through other lab tests. But they said the density of enrichment appeared to be close to or above the level used to make nuclear warheads.

    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/12/D8HIAASG0.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Next Paragraph:

    Still, they said, further analysis could show that the traces match others established to have come from abroad. The International Atomic Energy Agency determined earlier traces of weapons-grade uranium were imported on equipment from Pakistan that Iran bought on the black market during nearly two decades of clandestine activity discovered just over three years ago.

    An interesting comment:

    Iran's refusal to give up enrichment ambitions has led to involvement by the U.N. Security Council, which has the power to impose sanctions but remains split on how firmly to pressure Tehran.

    You'd think Iran wasn't well within its obligations under the NPT, by such analysis. Of course, there's no evidence that Iran is violating the treaty.

    The U.N. has no authority to impose sanctions on any signatory of the NPT for exercising their right, protected by the NPT, to enrich uranium for fuel in a civilian nuclear power program.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    Next Paragraph:

    Still, they said, further analysis could show that the traces match others established to have come from abroad. The International Atomic Energy Agency determined earlier traces of weapons-grade uranium were imported on equipment from Pakistan that Iran bought on the black market during nearly two decades of clandestine activity discovered just over three years ago.

    An interesting comment:

    Iran's refusal to give up enrichment ambitions has led to involvement by the U.N. Security Council, which has the power to impose sanctions but remains split on how firmly to pressure Tehran.

    You'd think Iran wasn't well within its obligations under the NPT, by such analysis. Of course, there's no evidence that Iran is violating the treaty.

    The U.N. has no authority to impose sanctions on any signatory of the NPT for exercising their right, protected by the NPT, to enrich uranium for fuel in a civilian nuclear power program.

    That gets filed under the old heading: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Why? Because: 1) It doesn't really make one iota of difference to the security interests of the United States whether Iran has the capacity to produce nukes or not. It never has and it never will. And, 2) The best thing that could possibly happen in the cause of world peace is for that sh!tty little "country", Israel, to be thoroughly and irrevocably wiped off the map and turned into nothing more than a burning cinder and a very bad memory.
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-13-2006 at 04:46 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    The best thing that could possibly happen in the cause of world peace is for that sh!tty little "country", Israel, to be thoroughly and irrevocably wiped off the map and turned into nothing more than a burning cinder and a very bad memory.
    As apparent as it may be, I don't want to assume anything.

    Are you suggesting that Iran should nuke Israel?

    If not, please clarify. If so, I would simply point out that calling for genocide is not compatible with any notion of morality. So my next question would be: Are you concerned with moral principles, or do they simply not fall into your equations?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    More Uranium Reportedly Found in Iran
    May 12 11:09 AM US/Eastern
    By GEORGE JAHN
    Associated Press Writer

    EXCERPT

    VIENNA, Austria


    The U.N. atomic agency found traces of highly enriched uranium at an Iranian site linked to the country's defense ministry, diplomats said Friday, adding to concerns that Tehran was hiding activities aimed at making nuclear arms.

    The diplomats, who demanded anonymity in exchange for revealing the confidential information, said the findings were preliminary and still had to be confirmed through other lab tests. But they said the density of enrichment appeared to be close to or above the level used to make nuclear warheads.

    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/12/D8HIAASG0.html
    close to,near to,nose to,dear to!?it's all about CONTROL!?hehe!!man's or.......the race is afoot!?i watched the movie "crimson tide" last night.how appropriate was it!?god is always right on time!?(but not in your face anymore!?)if it's all gonna end......badly,for some,what's the point of intervening!?with force!?god or men!?)hhmmmmmm!?i think we're all tired of "cold wars" and yearn for the good ol' "hot wars"!?hehe!!back to the simple life of easily defined killin we can all live with!?can anyone be trusted with total control!?ah! yes!those with a cause!?and of course once reached,men never change!?right!?just askin!?
    Last edited by lexx; 05-13-2006 at 06:02 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    As apparent as it may be, I don't want to assume anything.

    Are you suggesting that Iran should nuke Israel?

    If not, please clarify. If so, I would simply point out that calling for genocide is not compatible with any notion of morality. So my next question would be: Are you concerned with moral principles, or do they simply not fall into your equations?
    Are you saying The World wouldn't be more secure without Israel? I suggest that Israel start behaving itself. If Israel gets nuked, it will simply be the ultimate consequence of the Middle East Arms race which was started and proliferated by The US and Israel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    I'll take that as an affirmative response to my question. This being so, I would simply like to reiterate that advocating genocide is, needless to say, not compatible with any notion of morality.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    I'll take that as an affirmative response to my question. This being so, I would simply like to reiterate that advocating genocide is, needless to say, not compatible with any notion of morality.

    Take it any way you want. If thieving and murdering rogues bring disaster and catastrophe upon themselves and their accomplices, should we feel sympathy for them? Jesus decried the folly of man. But he also countenanced their fate as they are to reap what they have sewn. This is the will of the creator.
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-13-2006 at 06:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Do also you feel that way about what happened on 9/11?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    Do also you feel that way about what happened on 9/11?

    When it happend, I was shocked....but not surprised. I've been in the buildings more times than I can count. And often, as I entered one of the buildings, and even walked or drove past them, the potential implications of such a thing occured to me. It's one of those thoughts dismissed countless times that comes back in a vengeance to haunt me after the fact. None of the people deserved it, but we asked for it and shouldn't feign such sanctimony in its wake. We have been at war with Islamists for decades. The media machine just never bothered to tell us until it conspicuously spilled into the streets of Tribeca. And even then, The Zionists & Petro-Fascists tried to sell it all to clueless American Lemmings as a "They hate our freedom" media campaign. And to a large extent, they accurately estimated the staggering gullibility of the American Public. So, none of us have clean hands anymore than common Japanese citizens on their way to work in downtown Hiroshima on the morning of August 6, 1945 when the most montrous terror attack in all history was perpetrated."Therefore, send not to know for whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee." - John Donne
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-14-2006 at 07:08 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    So, if Israel were to be nuked, would you also feel that they don't deserve it, but were asking for it?

    And if you feel they don't deserve it, why would you advocate that very thing occurring?

    Would you also advocate another 9/11-type event in the States because we are "asking" for it, despite not "deserving" it?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    So, if Israel were to be nuked, would you also feel that they don't deserve it, but were asking for it?

    And if you feel they don't deserve it, why would you advocate that very thing occurring?

    Would you also advocate another 9/11-type event in the States because we are "asking" for it, despite not "deserving" it?

    Actually, I have been to Israel and have a number of Israeli friends. I actually don't want them to get nuked on a personal level. But, it is always the population who absorbs the errors of its leadership. And, in a broader, rhetorical sense, what if you have a child who refuses to obey your persistent exhortations not to abuse the dog by kicking it or pulling its tail? Yet, despite your pleas, the kid continues to torture the dog and even escalates the abuse. If the dog finally breaks down and bites the kid, do you then ruthlessly and brutally punish the dog for it? And If you innocently hand the kid a stick and tell the kid to play with the stick somewhere else and leave the dog alone but then he uses the stick to beat the dog, when the dog finally has had enough and bites you for handing the stick to the kid, do you then punish the dog? Did you deserve to be bitten? Knowing what you did about the kid's behavior, though, didn't you ask for it?
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-14-2006 at 08:28 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    The best thing that could possibly happen in the cause of world peace is for that sh!tty little "country", Israel, to be thoroughly and irrevocably wiped off the map and turned into nothing more than a burning cinder and a very bad memory.
    I suppose, in your dog analogy, this would be like saying, "The best thing that could possibly happen to that punk little kid would be for that dog to take him down and slice his jugular vein and make a corpse out of him."

    Again, you are advocating genocide. There is no justification for that. It is the height of immorality, and it takes a morally degenerate person to advocate the slaughter of the Jews or any other group of people.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    I suppose, in your dog analogy, this would be like saying, "The best thing that could possibly happen to that punk little kid would be for that dog to take him down and slice his jugular vein and make a corpse out of him."

    Again, you are advocating genocide. There is no justification for that. It is the height of immorality, and it takes a morally degenerate person to advocate the slaughter of the Jews or any other group of people.

    Then you may find it interesting that, virtually without exception, I find myself agreeing with you on each and every posting you have offered here. However, you are engaging in sophistry now. In the real world, there is no such thing as moral absolutism in practice. It may make one sound and or feel morally superior, but that's all it represents. And that's all it accomplishes. You have said torture is wrong too. Fair enough. But unlike you, I would torture somebody if I were certain it would save a major American city from going up in a mushroom cloud. I would kill 19 people if it would stop them from flying planes into The World Trade Center. And I would take out 6 million to save 4 billion from Armageddon and the destruction of civilization.
    Who, what, how much and how many would you be willing to sacrifice on your alter of sanctimony? Children can deal in judgemental platitudes. Adults must consider the costs and,ultimately,the net results.
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-15-2006 at 06:01 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    And what a Fvcking hero you would be!

    zeig heil!

    Now, at last, I understand you, you scumbag!

    I can only sincerely hope that others reading this megalomaniac's rantings can also understand where this twisted little maggot is coming from!

    And this filthy, low-down, scum-sucking feral little rat is telling us exactly where he's coming from isn't he?
    Right ...LOL.. This fvcking rodent would gladly sacrifce every bloody living thing on the planet just to protect his own fellow vermin and favorite special interest group...and we know who and what they are don't we?
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-15-2006 at 05:34 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: More uranium found in Iran... Possibly weapons grade!

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    However, you are engaging in sophistry now.
    Not at all.

    I am making several observations: a) You have advocated genocide; b) This is immoral.

    Children can deal in judgemental platitudes.
    Children can also say things like "The best thing that could possibly happen in the cause of world peace is for that sh!tty little "country", Israel, to be thoroughly and irrevocably wiped off the map and turned into nothing more than a burning cinder and a very bad memory."

    Mature, responsible, adults possessing a modicum of moral judgment don't speak words such as these.

Similar Threads

  1. Uranium plant, what uranium plant?
    By Roo in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 05:35 AM
  2. Israel Used Uranium in Gaza genocide
    By Happy Medium in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 04:04 PM
  3. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 07:25 PM
  4. Weapons of Mass Destruction Found
    By BVR USA Liaison in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
  5. Israel Used Uranium Bombs In Lebanon
    By KishmeernTuches in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 05:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 2012, absent, accepted, access, accusation, accused, act, acted, action, actions, activities, acts, adam, add, administration, admit, admitted, advocates, affairs, affirmative, africa, age, agreement, ain, ale, algeria, aliens, alive, allowed, america, american, another, answer, appeared, approval, april, armageddon, arms, art, article, ass, assault, associate, ation, atomic, attacking, attacks, attention, august, aus, australia, austria, authority, avoid, aware, awesome, azi, bad, bait, ban, banal, banging, bans, baro, barons, based, basic, basically, batman, beach, beat, bed, beer, behalf, ben, bet, better, biblical, biggest, billion, bit, blame, blood, blowing, blu, body, bomb, bombed, bombing, bombs, books, borders, boy, brazil, brazilian, breach, break, breaks, breath, breitbart, brief, bring, bro, broke, buddy, building, bull, bullsh, bunch, bur, butts, cake, called, calling, calls, campaign, cannot, capabilities, capital, care, career, carefully, case, cast, cease, center, cer, ceremony, challenge, chan, chance, charities, charter, cheney, chris, christian, christians, christie, citi, citizens, citizenship, civil, claim, class, classic, clean, clever, cli, clo, close, closes, clueless, cock, code, cok, colonel, coming, commentary, comments, commercial, commit, committing, common, communist, community, comparison, complete, completely, comprehension, con, concerned, concerns, condi, confidential, confirmed, confirming, confirms, conservative, contingency, continue, continues, control, conversation, cop, corda, corp, correct, correction, cost, costs, couldn, counting, countries, country, cover, coward, crap, crazy, credibility, credible, criminals, crisis, crying, cycle, damage, damn, dancer, date, daughter, day, days, dea, dead, dear, death, debunked, decades, decided, deciding, decision, declared, defeat, defend, defended, defending, defense, definition, demand, democrats, demons, denial, des, deserve, deserving, designs, desire, destroyed, destruction, didn, differences, differently, difficult, dig, diploma, diplomatic, director, dirty, disaster, discover, discussing, display, divert, doctors, doesn, dog, dollar, don, donne, dont, door, double, dow, draws, drop, dropped, dropping, drops, due, dying, ear, earlier, early, earth, east, easter, editing, einstein, elements, eliminate, ells, embracing, eme, ended, ends, enemy, enter, entire, environment, equipment, error, event, evils, exchange, exercise, experts, explained, exposes, express, extra, extraordinary, extremely, eye, fabrication, face, faced, facing, factory, fail, fails, fall, false, families, fantastic, fault, favoring, favorite, fear, feckless, federal, fee, feel, felons, fence, figures, final, finds, fla, flag, flat, flies, focus, followers, fool, force, forces, forward, france, friday, front, fuel, fully, future, games, gas, gay, general, generation, george, girls, global, god, goin, gonna, good, grim, ground, group, grown, guess, guys, hand, handle, hands, happened, harbor, hard, hasn, hated, head, heading, healthy, heart, held, hell, helping, hero, hey, hide, hiding, high, higher, highly, hip, his, honor, hooker, hope, horrific, horse, hot, house, hre, html, huge, huma, human, hurt, hussein, hypocrite, hypocritical, ial, ian, ici, ignorant, ignore, ill, illegally, image, images, imagine, ime, immorality, immune, important, inauguration, include, industrial, influence, information, injury, insult, insulted, insults, intelligence, inter, interest, interview, invade, investing, involved, involves, involving, ion, iran, iranian, ireland, isn, israelis, issue, issues, jerry, john, joy, justify, kerry, kick, kicking, kidnapping, killed, kills, kind, kingdom, kiss, knew, korea, lab, lady, lane, large, last, latest, laugh, laughs, launch, launched, lead, leaders, leaving, leo, lesser, level, lexx, liars, liberal, liberty, license, lied, life, limited, line, lis, live, living, lol, london, long, long run, los, lose, lot, lover, luck, lying, machine, main, making, mankind, manufacture, marine, market, marriage, mass, match, matter, max, mea, meaningless, meet, memory, mental, method, mexico, million, millions, mind, minister, ministry, moral, more, morning, moron, mossad, motives, move, movie, multi, mystery, nam, named, nation, nations, nature, nazi, needed, ner, net, news, nice, night, north, nose, november, nuclear, nuke, numbers, oas, oath, officers, officially, officials, ongoing, operations, opportunity, opposite, oppression, order, original, outrage, pakistan, palestinians, part, participants, pas, pass, pathetic, patriots, peace, peaceful, peas, pen, pentagon, perception, perfect, perfectly, person, personal, personality, pet, pick, picture, pin, place, plane, planes, planning, plant, plants, play, ploy, point, pol, policies, policy, politics, poor, popular, pos, pose, posing, position, post, posted, posters, posting, posts, potential, power, pra, presiden, press, pretending, price, prime, principles, production, productive, promised, promising, properties, proposition, protect, protected, prove, public, punish, punished, punishment, pursuit, push, qualifications, qualified, question, questions, quick, quickly, quote, race, raise, ran, raped, rated, raving, raw, rea, read, real, reality, reason, reasonable, reasons, recruiting, red, refused, regime, religious, remember, replace, representative, research, respect, respond, response, responsible, rest, results, resurgence, retired, returns, revealing, reveals, ria, rice, richard, ridiculous, rio, riots, rise, risk, role, room, roy, run, ruse, russians, sacred, safe, sca, scale, scam, scenario, scheduled, scum, scumbag, secure, seem, sell, sen, sense, september, serve, served, service, set, sex, shades, shed, sheeps, ship, sho, short, shot, shouldn, showed, sign, signed, silencer, silent, simple, simply, site, slaughter, sly, small, smoke, sold, soldiers, solve, soo, sooner, sorry, sounds, speaking, special, specifically, spend, spent, spiritual, split, star, starring, start, starting, starts, state, stated, states, stein, step, stop, strategy, strength, strike, striking, stupid, subs, sucking, sucks, sue, sul, sum, summarize, super, supply, supported, supporter, supporting, supports, suppose, swift, system, take a look, taken, takes, talk, talking, tall, ted, tells, terror, terrorist, test, text, theory, they, thieves, thought, thread, threatened, threats, thugs, time, times, title, toast, told, toms, tor, total, totally, tower, town, trac, trade, treatment, tribute, troops, troubles, trusted, types, ultimate, uncle, une, united, united kingdom, united states, ups, upset, uranium, url, user, usual, verify, version, vice, victimized, view, village, vince, viola, viole, violence, violent, vital, wait, waiting, walmart, war crime, warming, wars, waste, watched, water, weapon, weapons, weed, week, weeks, welcome, wide, wise, wolf, woma, won, worked, workers, world, worse, worth, worthy, writing, wrong, www, year, years, ymi, york, young, zambia

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •