+ Reply to Thread

Strange calls to my business

I work for a small construction company and part of my duties are to answer the phones. Today I received two strange calls, possibly from the same person. The caller ID was blocked. Both times the caller said that someone had left a message but it was hard to hear, so he didn't know who left it. He then asked me to say the names of people who work here to help him remember. I found this strange, but followed along for a minute or two. Finally I called him on it and hung up.

The first time I received one of these calls the caller said he was with SAIC. The second time he said he wasn't with a company. When I told him about the first caller that was with SAIC, he said something like "what's SICA?". I told him that I thought he was the same guy as before and then he hung up. The calls came less than 1 hour apart and the voices sounded very similar.

Is this some sort of scam or possibly some way for a scammer to glean information? I'd hate to think I just told off the president of a company that we deal with :)

Re: Strange calls to my business

Wow, thanks for the quick response! That's one hell of a sleazy standard practice. Oh well, none of these guys is gonna get through me :)

Re: Strange calls to my business

It's really a strange thing when you receive a phone call such as that. Well, it's a lesson learned, not to easily give out information to a stranger who's acting strangely..huh? did that make sense at all?lol.