+ Reply to Thread

The Colts should of won.

They were out coached, though.

Should of gone for it on 4th down instead of trying for a 51 yard field goal.

Should of been ready for a onside kick to start the 2nd half, seeing as how both defenses could not stop the offense.

Also there was no reason for that interception.

Should of called for a running play as good as the running game was for the Colts.

Re: The Colts should of won.

[QUOTE=howdy;874816]They were out coached, though.[QUOTE]
    I agree

I agree

Should of been ready for a onside kick to start the 2nd half, seeing as how both defenses could not stop the offense.
    Thats a hard one, first time in Superbowl history a team goes for a onside kick without it being in the fourth quarter.

It seemed like there was a reason, the reciever ran the wrong pattern, at least that was Payton's reaction after

Should of called for a running play as good as the running game was for the Colts.
    Not so sure of that, but it does appear so now

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    In any game, the winner is the only one that 'should've' won.

If the dog hadn't stop to sniff the fire hydrant he would've caught the cat.

if

but

if

but
    I agree with you Wil.

It doesn't work to look back and try and make changes.

But if your team lost you just can't help but do this.

It wasn't destiny. Somethings are just meant to be and the Saints winning was just in the cards. I wanted the Colts to win but I was still happy to see Drew get a ring.

I'm now finally healed enough that I can talk about it. I was really pissed off for awhile.

Yes, the Saints outplayed the Colts and therefore won the Super Bowl. HOWEVER - in my opinion they should've NEVER made it there. One of my friends now refers to it as the "Pity Bowl" which I think is true. People wanted to see the Saints take home a ring, even if that meant letting repeated violations go in their game against the Vikings. They hit Favre so many times, several of them late, and after the fact were fined/punished for those late hits. They didn't call them during the game, if they had there would've been a very likely chance that it would have been the Vikings, not the Saints, that had ended up in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    That was a darn good game... who can possibly complain about a super bowl like that?

We've had some terrible Super Bowls where all we had to talk about afterword were the commercials because the game sucked so bad.

They shouldn't have been there and they beat my team....now that is funny. Ya think your team coulda beat the team you think should have been there? Me thinks we know who is in the pity bowl...give your friend a hug.
    I think the Vikings and the Colts should've been the 2 teams that played in the Super Bowl. If the Colts played the same way they played against New Orleans, then yes the Vikings would've won. The Saints absolutely deserved their win against the Colts. BUT they should've never been there in the first place.

Maybe they should not have been there but it was not like they changed the playoff grid or anything. They were there because they won at the right times.

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    They were out coached, though.

I'll agree. The Colts should have won.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Everyone knows the Colts should have won. :zx11pissed:

This season should be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyK View Post
    This season should be a good one.
    Yep, it's never to early to start talking about the NFL.