+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Satan's Ruse?

Satan's Ruse?

Those that believe in god as a supernatural entity, also tend to believe in Satan, his arch enemy, as being of supernatural status, .

It is said that, among other things, Satan is a great trickster and deceiver. He will use these methods to test man, and lead them along a doomed path. If this is so, then what better way for him to do this, than to influence enough people to almost hijack Christianity, with the intention of giving it a bad name?

There are many many truly evil and psychopathic people who would profess to be Christian, but there is nothing charitable in their nature or action. On the contrary, these people are often bigoted, xenophobic, and full of hate. The thing is, there are a lot like this, too many, and their presence, their purposeful perversion of a religion, or its message, it taints the religion itself, does it not?

Yes indeed, if I believed in the story of god and satan, I would most likely believe it possible Satan would try something such as this, in order to confuse the message, and cause disorder.

Perhaps if Christianty has an enemy at all, it is from within?

The biggest threat to their rep these days are the fundies, who are more representative of evil than good, imo.

YWFT
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: Satan's Ruse?

That would be a great name for a Merlot, "Satan's Ruse"!
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    That would be a great name for a Merlot, "Satan's Ruse"!
    Feel free to brand it.

We can share the profits, how about that?

That's the whole point of the deception. The natural tendency of humans is to reproduce, and after reproducing they replicate, driven by the good old genetic replicative algorithm.

BTW, Bruce Lipton has a good video on the way genes operate in Epigenetics called "Biology of Perception". Check it out on Youtube.

Religion proselytizes. That serves the genetic replication process. Religions seek to control their environment by converting more and more "cells" to a way of thinking, which is really more like cancer than healthy cells.

In fact, religion is downright destructive, which is why it becomes necesary to create countermeasures that fight against the religious impulse.

Imagine a religion that takes over the world and has everybody belieivng it. That's cancer to the fullest extent.
    It's also entropy.

If you believe in the usual methods of proselytizing christianity, guess who you're really following

No offence and all that, but not really sure if your post addressed anything I asked, in the OP - :judges:

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    Those that believe in god as a supernatural entity, also tend to believe in Satan, his arch enemy, as being of supernatural status, .

It is said that, among other things, Satan is a great trickster and deceiver. He will use these methods to test man, and lead them along a doomed path. If this is so, then what better way for him to do this, than to influence enough people to almost hijack Christianity, with the intention of giving it a bad name?

There are many many truly evil and psychopathic people who would profess to be Christian, but there is nothing charitable in their nature or action. On the contrary, these people are often bigoted, xenophobic, and full of hate. The thing is, there are a lot like this, too many, and their presence, their purposeful perversion of a religion, or its message, it taints the religion itself, does it not?

Yes indeed, if I believed in the story of god and satan, I would most likely believe it possible Satan would try something such as this, in order to confuse the message, and cause disorder.

Perhaps if Christianty has an enemy at all, it is from within?

The biggest threat to their rep these days are the fundies, who are more representative of evil than good, imo.

YWFT
    I really think that Christianity does have an enemy within.....people! We come in to these religions bringing all of our baggage that we learned from mom and dad...and all of our fears, guilt, and experiences and drop them into the mix...and some of us are the religion's leaders. There is your Satan. I think a great teacher, a Greek slave named Epictetus said it most clearly a long time ago.."There is nothing evil...save the will!" But,we are still people, no matter what our beliefs make us look like. The beliefs are not us! We are still deserving of love and life.

No offence and all that, but not really sure if your post addressed anything I asked, in the OP - :judges:
    You talkin' to me? Of course my post addressed your question and answered it. Christianity IS the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    You talkin' to me? Of course my post addressed your question and answered it. Christianity IS the enemy.
    The enemy of what/whom?

The enemy of what/whom?
    The enemy of us. It is the enemy that seeks to collectivize and ortganize us, remove our individual freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    The enemy of us. It is the enemy that seeks to collectivize and ortganize us, remove our individual freedom.
    Are you saying that Christanity is the enemy of the masses, as it historically (and right now?), seeks only to control, confuse, and mystify? Are you saying that Christianity is, in effect, the enemy of reason?

Do you mean Christianity specifically, or religion at large?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    I really think that Christianity does have an enemy within.....people! We come in to these religions bringing all of our baggage that we learned from mom and dad...and all of our fears, guilt, and experiences and drop them into the mix...and some of us are the religion's leaders. There is your Satan. I think a great teacher, a Greek slave named Epictetus said it most clearly a long time ago.."There is nothing evil...save the will!" But,we are still people, no matter what our beliefs make us look like. The beliefs are not us! We are still deserving of love and life.
    I think Ghost Dog hit the nail on the head. The enemy has always been
    the weakness of mankind itself. There is no man made organization that is not corrupt, whether they take on the guise of religion, government, education, science, business, ect. ect.

And if you judge one evil, then ultimately you must realize they are all evil. Yet, with all their evil, you can see the good intent. All of them.

And you know, the good book seems to be right again, all these man made organizations are a shadow of God's organization. Just an image, not the real thing. You can get a picture of the good to come, but if you start thinking the picture is what is real, then it becomes destructive and not beneficial.

Look too closely at any of the organizations and you will find plenty of fault. And if you get caught up in any of the organizations, you will get to experience that fault first hand, though since you are now part of the organization you may be blind to it's fault. And ain't that what that crazy JC guy in the bible said, that we see the splinter in our neighbor's eye, but take no notice of the log in our own eye?

To benefit from the organizations (whatever they be, religion, science,, gov, education, ect) you have to look at their intent, step back and see the picture that they represent. These organizations, just like pictures, don't actually "do" any good, they only "represent" good. Any good that comes from it is what you take away from what you see, if you see the negative, then you suffer loss, if you see the positive, then you experience gain.
    whack it:judges:

And yet, without mankind, there would be no religion at all, would there?

It would cease to exist.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

And yet, without mankind, there would be no religion at all, would there?

It would cease to exist.
    Then what would gawd do!...He'd have no one to worship him!
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Then what would gawd do!...He'd have no one to worship him!
    I guess he would be redundant.

Can't imagine the other animals fussing too much with human beleifs, can you..?

:crazy1:

Are you saying that Christanity is the enemy of the masses, as it historically (and right now?), seeks only to control, confuse, and mystify? Are you saying that Christianity is, in effect, the enemy of reason?

Do you mean Christianity specifically, or religion at large?

Thanks
    I mean religion, all religion. There is no way for any human to prove that a collective power is any "higher" than one person who can think.

But that's what jesus said in Matthew 243;23 when he warned against deceivers coming in his name. IF any man says to you, Lo, here is Christ, or there, believe it not".

That is the only possible logically correct answer.

How do Christians know, for sure, that Jesus, or another prophet, is not walking among them, right now?

He could be the old 'tramp', that most pass by, on the street corner, for example.