+ Reply to Thread

Mr. Robert Mills

I have received 3 emails from this person. My assistant replied to him once... now he sent another one. Looks like a scam. Here is the email.

Hello Owner,

My name is Mr. Robert Mills and I'm inquiring about some Lavender products i want to know if you do carry lavender body oil, essential oil or lavender baths please if you do i want you to send me an email with the list of all the lavender products you do carry in stock or you can order for me if you are also a farm how soon can you order them for me please send me an email with a list of all the lavender products along with the prices and sizes and if i may ask what types of credit card do you accept as payment and what is the surcharges on each card? I will be very happy to read from yo, thank you

Mr. Robert Mills

Re: Mr. Robert Mills

I have also received this email several times in the last few months (mills3008@yahoo.com).
    I have also received an email with the same wording from "Scott Miller" (smiller3006@gmail.com).
    I did reply yesterday to Robert Mills and received a reply today asking for large quantities of several of our lines. Over £1,000 worth, but he didn't ask for any discount on buying bulk and he asked for the total price without freight - both making me suspicious. Hence a search on google for Robert Mills where I see numerous mentions of his scam. Thank goodness for the internet and shared knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by brackenboy View Post
    I have also received this email several times in the last few months (mills3008@yahoo.com).
    I have also received an email with the same wording from "Scott Miller" (smiller3006@gmail.com).
    I did reply yesterday to Robert Mills and received a reply today asking for large quantities of several of our lines. Over £1,000 worth, but he didn't ask for any discount on buying bulk and he asked for the total price without freight - both making me suspicious. Hence a search on google for Robert Mills where I see numerous mentions of his scam. Thank goodness for the internet and shared knowledge!
    Yes this grubby little moron is currently trying this on my business as well ordering heaps of gear that he obviously know very little about.

Eventually he will want to pay be Credit Card (more than likely stolen) then decide he wants a refund. This he will ask, Iím sure, to be debited direct to his account.

I have seen this scam before. Don't succumb to the T*RD!
    :judges:

100% scam. Scammers have branched out into stealing money from small business owners along with c raigslist, ebay and spammy emails.

There are several variations:
    1) Pay by credit card, scammer wants you to 'overcharge' the card and monygram the 'extra' to the 'shipper'. The credit card is stolen and the 'shipper' is the scammer himself.
    2) Pay by credit card but disaster strikes and scammer has to cancel the order, could you moneygram the 'refund' back to him? Again, the credit card is stolen.
    3) Pay by check, scammer send extra, wants you to cash check and Western Union the 'extra' to the 'shipper', who is really the scammer. Check is fake and bounces the next week.
    4) Pay by check, but oopsie, the scammer's assistant sent the too much and could you Western Union the excess back to the scammer? Again, check is fake.

Anyone who places any size order and:
    1) Demands you use/pay his never-heard-of-shipping-company.
    2) Asks you to charge an overage on a credit card.
    3) Wants you to cash a large check for him.
    4) Mentions Western Union or moneygram.
    5) Insists on using an 'escrow' company for 'your protection'.
    6) Has to cancel the order and has to have the 'refund' immediately.

Is a scammer, always.

The latest variation is a scammer places an order, pays, the items are shipped and everything goes perfect. Then the scammer places a huge order and sends the fake check/stolen credit card/spoofed paypal and the small business owner is out the products and payment.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Well it seems our Robert Mills has taken on an alias. He is now Mr. Gary Moore. Here is the latest email:

Hello Owner,
    My name is Mr. Gary Moore and I'm inquiring about some Lavender products I want to know if you can special order them for me or if you do have them in stock below are some of the Lavender items I'm inquiring about.

*Body Butters & Creams
    *Bath and Body Soap
    *Essential Oils
    *Body Lotions
    *Bath Salts
    *Balms and Serums

Please those are the lavender products I'm inuring about if you do have these in stock I will like you to attach the sizes and the price on each items and email me back all the lavender products you have in stock or you do special order and i will get back to you with what I want and also what types of credit card do you accept as payment and what is the surcharge on each card? I will be waiting to hear from you soon. Thank you

Mr. Gary Moore

Thought you all would want to know.

I have also received 2 emails to two different sales reps in our office. The email address are:
    garycompany23@gmail.com
    garycompany@gmail.com

Here was the email I received.

"Name: Mr. Gary Moore.
    Email: garycompany23@gmail.com
    Questions: Hello Shop Owner,
    My name is Mr. Gary Moore and am inquiring about some labels. I

will like to know if you do labels ?and if yes i will like you to special place an

order of some labels for me.
    Below is the type and quantity of labels i will like you to special order

on them for me, but before that i will need the total price for them first and how

soon you can get them for me.

What to Print: DONATE HAITI.
    Size of labels : 1 3/8\" x 4 1/4
    Font : Verdana Font style: Bold Size : 14
    Material to print on : white gloss paper
    Color of printing : Red
    Style of printing : Should be in the middle of the paper
    Quantity of labels : 150,000

Please get back to me with the total cost for the labels including Tax and

excluding freight, because I will be picking them up from your shop. And if i may

also ask what types of credit card do you accept as payment? Please email me

back the cost and include your contact details, so i can call you to discus more

about this purchase.

Thank you and i look forward to your reply shortly.

Many Thanks,

Mr. Gary Moore.
    3828 Ingraham St
    Los Angeles,CA,90005
    Tel: +1213-814-2392"

The address is real, but belongs to someone else.

The phone number is fake
    The company doesn't exist.
    I also ran an IP trace and saw the email originated from Ghana (west africa)

Scam????? I WOULD SAY YES.

I'm all for signing up his email address and name for tons of spam. I would flood those email addresses. HAHA

I agree this looks like a scam. We had 2 requests come in on the same day. Different e-mail addresses. It is interesting on the 2nd one the e-mail it came in from is different than what is listed under his name. Just thought I would pass these along.

Hello Shop Owner,
    My name is Mr. Gary Moore and am inquiring about
    some labels. I will like to know if you do labels ?and if yes i will
    like you to special place an order of some labels for me.
    Below is the type and quantity of labels i will like
    you to special order on them for me, but before that i will need the
    total price for them first and how soon you can get them for me.

Please get back to me with the total cost for the labels including Tax
    and excluding freight, because I will be picking them up from your
    shop. And if i may also ask what types of credit card do you accept as
    payment? Please email me back the cost and include your contact
    details, so i can call you to discus more about this purchase.

Many Thanks,
    Mr. Gary Moore.
    3828 Ingraham St
    Los Angeles,CA,90005
    Tel: +1213-814-2392

Here is the 2nd one.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']From:[/FONT] [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Scott Dale[SMTP:DALEBUSINESS2@GMAIL.COM] [/FONT]
    Hello Sir/ Madam,
    I'm Mr. Scott Dale and I'm sending you an email regarding an order of some labels.I want to know if you can special make them for me if you can below are the sizes and quantities of labels i want you to place an order for me.
    Please these are the quantities and what i want you to print on the labels for me can you please email me back the grand total cost include tax and without delivery as the labels will be picked up from your location okay. Also do you take visa card or master card? Please i don't have an art work for these labels but you can make an art work and send it to me so that i can approve for you to continue the order ok so i will be glad to have a quote back from you and then we move on with the art work. Thank you and look forward to your quick reply.

Sincerely,

Mr. Scott Dale
    Tel: +1-201-535-3301
    E-mail: dalebusiness1@gmail.com

Hope this help the next person.

Re: Mr. Robert Mills/Robert Dale

New names, same scam.

Hello Owner,
    My name is Mr. Scott Dale, and i am inquiring about picture frames and i want to know if you do have some in stock or if you can special order them for me.Please if you can special order them for me i will be very glad for you to email me back the total cost for the picture frames and the quantity below.

5 x 7 Inches Red Oak / Mahogany picture frames with glass and backing.
    Quantities: 30

8 x 10 Inches Red Oak / Mahogany picture frames with glass and backing.
    Quantities: 30

6 x 12 Inches Red Oak / Mahogany picture frames with glass and backing.
    Quantities: 20

If you do not have any of the listed type of picture frames in stock, kindly get back to me with the type and prices on the picture frames you can order or mold which is nearer to the sizes provided, or a link to view your website to make a selection of the picture frames i need and i will let you know the quantity of each am interested in. Please email me back the cost excluding freight, because I will be picking them up from your shop. And if i may also ask what types of credit card do you accept as payment? Please email me back the cost and include your contact details, so i can call you to discus more about this purchase.

Kind regards,
    Mr. Scott Dale.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    And the same day,

Roland Woods, mrroland102@gmail.com

Hello Owner,
    Am Mr. Roland Woods, and am inquiring about some candies.I will like you to know that at the moment i do not have a list of candies in mind to provide to you for prices, so i will be very glad if you can send me a list of some of the candies you do stock at the moment, or email me back with your website for me to view your candies list and choose the type and quantity i want to order.
    And also let me know the type of credit cards you do accept as payment.Thank you and waiting to hear back from you soon.

Kind regards.
    Mr. Roland Woods.

Hello Owner,
    Am Mr. Roland Woods, and am inquiring about some candies.I will like you to know that at the moment i do not have a list of candies in mind to provide to you for prices, so i will be very glad if you can send me a list of some of the candies you do stock at the moment, or email me back with your website for me to view your candies list and choose the type and quantity i want to order.
    And also let me know the type of credit cards you do accept as payment.Thank you and waiting to hear back from you soon.

Kind regards.
    Mr. Roland Woods.

We just received a request from Mr. Roland Woods for large amounts of our products and we thought it was strange. We did reply to see if he was serious, then he replied that we should go ahead and process the order and that we should contact his shipper and come up with a total price for him to ship the products to Ghana. He said he would pay with a credit card, but I don't buy it!!!