+ Reply to Thread

first atlantic invesment group

i am looking for info. about this firm. they have offered me a loan but to secure the loan i need to wire them some money for insurance purporses.
    they asked me to wire the money to canada.
    their web site is www.firstatlanticgroup.com.
    please advise

Re: first atlantic invesment group

Scam.
    Go to your local bank or credit union.

Any loan insurance should be part of the repayment plan, surely? But there's a much bigger red flag. Looking up the domain registration details for firstatlanticgroup.com comes up with:

Registrant:
    First Atlantic
    Donald Meyers (firstatlanticgroup@hotmail.com)
    32 Sherman Oaks Blvd
    Fredericton
    Prince Edward Island,00000
    CA
    Tel. +712.4594532

Creation Date: 08-May-2006
    Expiration Date: 08-May-2007

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns2.xtraorbit.com
    ns1.xtraorbit.com

--------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact:
    First Atlantic
    32 Sherman Oaks Blvd
    Fredericton
    CA
    Tel. +712.4594532

Technical Contact:
    First Atlantic
    32 Sherman Oaks Blvd
    Fredericton
    CA
    Tel. +712.4594532

Billing Contact:
    First Atlantic
    32 Sherman Oaks Blvd
    Fredericton
    CA
    Tel. +712.4594532
    Yes, the domain was registered just 3 days ago. Note the use of the Hotmail account too.. classy.

The site is hosted on 67.15.206.9 which is registered to Everyone's Internet Inc, but appears to be a reseller account used by xtraorbit.com (based in Egypt).

Now *that's* an interesting server with a mix of legitimate business, HYIPs, autosurfs, phishing sites and fake banks, including:

• omegafiduciary.com - registered on the same day as firstatlanticgrou.com to an address in NJ.
    • berkleyfinancial.com - also registered on the same day to an address in BC.
    • pldintinc.com and pldint-inc.com - a fake bank called "Platinum Bank Limited London" which is registered in Nigeria.
    • icbmcentral.org - another fake bake site created on 5th May, purportedly "International Credit Bank of Monaco"
    • st-assuranceinc.com - yet another fake bank, "Standard Assurance Bank, London" which has also used the name stassure.com in the past.
    • greatcapitallending.com - registered to one "john malcovich". Yeah right.

There are others too, but I simply don't have the time. Most of the sites appear to have domains registered to Egyptian or Nigerian addresses, many are obviously fake. I haven't listed ALL the sites on the server because some may be legitimate. (Although it looks like a real gold mine of scam sites).

Send LARTs plus any evidence to abuse -at- ev1servers.net.
    Last edited by Dynamoo; 05-11-2006 at 03:49 PM.

thank you very much. i have also looked at rip offs web site and the story like mine appears thier with other people and all the companies asked them the same thing but did not get thier money. Also i find funny that all the companies are based in portland maine and some of then are on the same street. Thank you again for the info. this is a scam for sure. they want me to wire the money to canada to a private person not a company.

Unfortunately, I did not see this site before I sent in a payment to this company. What kind of action can I now take to get my money back that I sent them? Any help would be appreciated!!

i am so glad i decided to run this company through the better biz bureau. man oh man! nothing came up so i searched the web for it and came across your page. i was about to send them over one thousand dollars this morning. but i guess that's not going to happen. i thought that loan came at too opportune of a time. thanks a mil!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjacobsen21
    Unfortunately, I did not see this site before I sent in a payment to this company. What kind of action can I now take to get my money back that I sent them? Any help would be appreciated!!
    Besides contacting the RCMP to press charges...not much. Your bank only wired money you instructed them to do. Wiring money there is no Chargebacks, sorry.

Got to be careful when you are asked to send money upfront. Especially to companies outside of USA

Quote Originally Posted by mjacobsen21

WELL I JUST GAVE MONEY ALSO TO THIS GOD-FORSAKEN COMPANY. I KNOW--I WAS SKEPTICAL AND FIGURED I'D TRY IT ANYHOW!! THEY SAY THAT THIS MONEY IS USED AS A COLLATERAL, DUE TO BAD CREDIT. WHICH I HAVE..I WIRED THE MONEY (6 MOS. COLLERTAL PAYMENT) AND THEN I RECEIVED A CALL 20 MINUTES LATER SAYING DUE TO ERROR WITH A LENDER, THAT I NEEDED TO SEND ANOTHER 6 MOS. PAYMENT TO EQUAL OUT TO 12 MOS. COLLATERAL PAYMENT TO SECURE THE LOAN, WHICH THEY WOULD PUT TOWARD MY LOAN REPAYMENT AFTER A CERTAIN TIMEFRAME. I HAD TO ASK THEM WERE THEY GOING TO PUT THIS IS IN A CONTRACT FORM AND THEY WERE WEIRD ABOUT THAT.

THAT'S WHEN I DEFINETELY KNEW THIS WAS A SCAM!

THEY SAID THAT THEY WILL BE REFUNDING MY MONEY BACK TO ME, IN TWO WEEKS, AND IN THE MEANWHILE I WILL BE CONTACTING A LAWYER TO REVIEW THE CONTRACTS I HAVE. SOMETHING I SHOULD'VE DONE FIRST.

ANOTHER LIFES' LESSON....

yeah..they did the same exact thing here. they said the refund will be sent june 9th...guess i just have to wait and see but i highly doubt it!