+ Reply to Thread

Some Good Housing Buys!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135667

Proposal: Large Discount for 1st-Time Apartment Buyers

by Hillel Fendel
    Follow Israel news on and .

(IsraelNN.com) As housing prices continue to rise compared to average income, MKs propose: Exemption from VAT for first-time buyers on the periphery.
    A group of Knesset Members is initiating a move that would make it easier for young couples to purchase apartments. Specifically, first-time buyers who purchase an apartment in a peripheral area of Israel would be exempt from VAT – which currently stands at 16%. Only apartments costing up to 600,000 shekels ($161,000) would be exempt, according to the proposal.

The initiative has been announced on the backdrop of recently-released statistics showing that the ratio of apartment prices to average income has risen significantly over the past year.
    The idea is part of the MKs’ newly-formed Knesset lobby to find solutions for young couples’ housing problems. As of now, the forum numbers MKs Miri Regev (Likud), Yaakov Edry (Likud), Orli Levy (Israel Our Home), Daniel Ben-Simon (Labor), and Dov Hanin (Hadash).
    MK Regev says that the Finance Ministry has been asked to consider either the VAT exemption, or “to restore the location grants given to young couples, thus increasing the aid given them.”
    Regev explained, “The government must act immediately and invest all the necessary resources in order to help every citizen obtain suitable housing, grant housing-purchase subsidies for young couples and others who wish to buy in the periphery. We can’t have young couples returning to live with their parents – or set up tents for the homeless – because they can’t afford to buy or rent.”
    I swear by my life and my love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for me.
    John Galt

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Re: Some Good Housing Buys!

Osama Bin Laden has claimed responsibility for the failed attack on a US airliner on December 25 in a new audio tape.

In the tape obtained by Al Jazeera, the world's most wanted man warns Barack Obama, the US president, that there will be more attacks unless he finds a solution to the Palestinian crisis.

"The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Sp...al.aspx/133174

Coastal Housing Project in Netanya

by Zalman Nelson

(IsraelNN.com) A new NIS 170 million ($44.7 million) housing project just west of Netanya’s coastal road will create 169 single family homes, according to a Sunday announcement by the Rothstein Building Company, reported by Bizportal.
    The company said it had signed an NIS 8 million agreement to acquire 80 percent of the capital of a firm called Niron Tziron, including partial ownership rights on Netanya lands near the coastal highway. This agreement paved the way for the building project.

Rothstein said it had agreed to complete payment upon receiving building permits from the city. In addition, Niron Tziron gets rights to 12 divisions of land, and construction services from Rothstein to build 12 residential units.
    The construction project is expected to begin within the coming year, a company spokesman said.
    In addition to its residential projects throughout the country, Rothstein, Israel’s oldest construction company, has to its credit several Israel Defense Forces (IDF) bases, wings of the Dimona nuclear plant, industrial plants, and the Ichilov Hospital.
    I swear by my life and my love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for me.
    John Galt

Israel "Not Worth An American Life Or An American Dollar

Last edited by dchristie; 01-24-2010 at 05:38 AM.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

-- Winston Churchill