+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Why is America Great?

The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences of the People's Republic of China concluded in 2002:

One of the things we [the Chinese Academy] were asked to look into was what accounted for the success, in fact, the pre-eminence of the West all over the world. We studied everything we could from the historical, political, economic, and cultural perspective. At first, we thought it was because you had more powerful guns than we had. Then we thought it was because you had the best political system. Next we focused on your economic system. But in the past twenty years, we have realized that the heart of your culture is your religion: Christianity. That is why the West has been so powerful. The Christian moral foundation of social and cultural life was what made possible the emergence of capitalism and then the successful transition to democratic politics. We don't have any doubt about this.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

Re: Why is America Great?

Now you did it....

Mentionng the America is great is one thing... Adding in Christianity will surly bring in Lisa to this one!!!

Watch the responses!!!
    (Grabs popcorn)

Nothing and I mean nothing gets liberals and Anti Americans going like Country pride and Christianity!!!!

Lisa, Gazza, and the others, look!!!!!

:yelcutelaughA:
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

I didn't do it, DoubleP.

It's those Chinese! Damn commies.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    I didn't do it, DoubleP.

It's those Chinese! Damn commies.

:yelcutelaughA: :yelcutelaughA: :yelcutelaughA:

Now you mention Commies... Great! Here comes Lexx with his Meth pipe and babble!!
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Reference please.

It appears this is not a quote of any of the CASS publications but in a book 'Jesus in Bejing' which is trying to promote the idea that China will soon be a Christian nation (and this is how they will take over the world 2020-30). Have you some similar goal?

It is the supposed quote of 'someone we'll call Dr. Wu' not his real name, supposedly a researcher in the CASS, but he is protecting his identity. This quote has all the crediblity of the 'newspapers' at a check out line.
    Lol. Good find.

thanks for the meth pipe crack!?(pun) so if we follow the 'idea/proposition' as construed, what went wrong, christianity or democracy!? gotta blame someone ya know, it's so american THESE days!? :chicken: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

There are still those of us that hold our country dear and still cling to those values that gve us the right to be here today on this forum saying the things that we do without fear of prosecution and tyrany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAIuI4K7QnA
    Last edited by Old Timer; 01-18-2010 at 02:45 AM.

I thought it was because of Twinkies. Boy, was I off...

Reference please.

It appears this is not a quote of any of the CASS publications but in a book 'Jesus in Bejing' which is trying to promote the idea that China will soon be a Christian nation (and this is how they will take over the world 2020-30). Have you some similar goal?

It is the supposed quote of 'someone we'll call Dr. Wu' not his real name, supposedly a researcher in the CASS, but he is protecting his identity. This quote has all the crediblity of the 'newspapers' at a check out line.

You'll find it on page 5...
    http://books.google.com/books?id=0T3...age&q=&f=false

You are missing the point... I believe the thread was meant to be a joke more than anything....

- Thomas Sowell

Reference please.

The Physics of Christianity,
    by Frank J. Tipler

Now I wonder why it is that atheists/leftists/Democrats/liberals consistently ask for references to anything they do not like, but never ever seem to ask for references from a fellow atheist/leftist/Democrat/liberal.
    Why is that?

Congratulations on your remarkable perceptivity.
    Indeed, my first step in converting the billion people of China to Christianity is to post this quote here, on scam.com

The rest will all follow quite naturally, as you so presciently envision.

Your comments have all the credibility of a Democrat.

"I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

"I took the initiative in inventing the internet."

Reference please.

You'll find it on page 108.

The Victory of Reason: How Christianity Led to Freedom, Capitalism, and Western Success
    Rodney Stark. 2005. New York: Random House

Reviewed by Earl Grinols, Baylor University

http://http://www.gordon.edu/ace/pdf/F06F&E4748BR3Grinols.pdf

I do not purchase any 'newspaper' in a check out line, and I resent your liberal Double Lie, viz. that you are intellectually superior to everyone who does not agree with your dogma, and therefore you must be right. This Double Lie is as inaccurate as it is overused.

Please cite several of your recent posts where you have requested references from atheists/liberals/Democrats/Bush-haters.

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it might be a Libertarian. Ya just never know...

Please cite several of your recent posts where you have requested references from atheists/liberals/Democrats/Bush-haters.

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it might be a Libertarian. Ya just never know...
    Republican who "leans libertarian, IAMWill, has posted repeatedly since I made this request of him, but he has not answered.

Quack, Quack

Republican who "leans libertarian, IAMWill, has posted repeatedly since I made this request of him, but he has not answered.

Quack, Quack
    Iamwil leans to right about as much as DC leans towards loving the Jews....

- Thomas Sowell

As usual I had to do my own research since you didn't provide any...you may do so as well.
    You mean like the research you posted about the US having a good surrender deal from Japan before we bombed them???

...Oh wait... You never posted any real sources... I forgot. I should just believe you....

:yelcutelaughA:

- Thomas Sowell

i was thinking about this today as i have seen a lot of hardships happen to those that could easily be helped back to a decent life with no such help in sight, because they dont have any connections relevant to the private capital system!?and the very fact that they are half-way succeeding actually prevents them from receiving any public help!? it seems the no excuses system of capitalistic PROFITABILITY has succeeded in dominating the american landscape like some SICKLY PALL!? and indeed, for THAT to change, it would likely would require a complete economic COLLAPSE!? unfortunately, that would also likely result in some kind of DICTATORSHIP replacing it!? so we are apparently stuck with this WELL DRESSED UP version of the reich style concentration camps!? and outside of these camps is another whole elitist lifestyle untouched by the goings on within!? you can see this same scenario in the hollywood dream!? if you make it, you live like a king!? if you miss, its tumble down to that miserable day job camp, serving the masses like a slave for no just compensation!? : :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you