+ Reply to Thread

B & B Booking scam

I HAVE HAD A GREAT MANY OF THESE OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS. ALWAYS A DIFFERENT NAME BUT ESSENTIALLY THE SAME DETAILS.
    DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENTS AND MOST DEFINATELY DO NOT SEND ON MONEY TO A 3RD PARTY AS THEY ALWAYS SUGGEST.
    THIS IS HOW IT PLAYS OUT BELOW
    Andy Halford
    Sent: 11 January 2010 06:35
    Subject: BOOKING

Hello
    I require accommodation in your facility for Four (4) newly ordained priests from Greece , they will be visiting your country for a seven (7) day religious program in the month of March 2010
    Please check availability and get back to me with the costs for the duration of their stay:
    Rooms: 2 Double/Twin rooms (2 people sharing).
    Dates: 12th March - 19 th MarchDuration: 7nights
    Person: 4
    Payment: Credit card.

We are willing to book the rooms immediately and will make deposit for the rooms to be secured for the period we requested:
    I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
    Kind Regards,
    Andy

MY REPLY:
    The dates you require are available. We do not have Twin rooms only doubles that can be single occupancy.
    The total cost would be £2500 including breakfast based on single occupancy rates.
    Let me have the details and I will send you the confirmation by return,
    Best regards,
    Ronan.
    ------------------------------------
    AND HIS REPLY, THE CLINCHER........

Hello Ronan McLister,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to inform you that your cost and conditions are acceptable by the delegates and as such willing to make a deposit payment immediately. Due to their acceptance and willingness to stay in your facility, I have concluded payment with them also.

A credit card detail would be sent to you when I receive your confirmatory mail so that you would charge, a part payment of 50% deposit as agreed/authorized by the delegates. This is to enable you secure the rooms for the period of time they would want to stay in your facility.

Furthermore, I have been instructed to pay for your accommodation, car hiring, other necessary travel arrangements and provision of a language translator who will be able to translate every language word to them because they are Greeks. I have arranged this with a translator who is willing to undertake these responsibilities on their behalf. She will be with them throughout the stay with you.

Sequel to this, once you receive the credit card details, you would be authorized to charge a total of £5,200 in addition to 50% deposit for your services and send the balance of £5,200 to the translator to enable her take care of some of our other travel logistics and also hire a Costar bus for them to easy their movement on time.

You are advised to charge the credit card because the translator does not have a credit card charging facility to put through these charge on the credit card. Her account does not support it.

Please confirm these directives and provide me with your details as below:
    (1) YOUR FULL NAME
    (2) ADDRESS
    (3) PHONE NUMBERS

I also hope the stay of the delegates will be made comfortable.
    Here is the name of the delegates;
    1. Rev. Fr. Alphaios Alkandros
    2. Rev. Fr. Bartholomaios Adelphos
    3. Rev. Fr. Barnabas Akhilleus
    4. Rev. Fr. Stelios Anthonios

Please send their rooms allocation as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
    Andy Halford

I ASSUME THE MONEY ,(ANYONE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO DO SO) THAT YOU FORWARD ON TO THE 3RD PARTY ON THEIR BEHALF IS THE CON.
    THEIR CARD PAYMENY WILL DEFAULT ON THE INITIAL PAYMENT WHEREAS YOUR TRANACTION TO THE 3RD PARTY WONT.
    AS SOON AS YOU REFUSE TO DEAL WITH A 3RD PARTY PAYMENT, THE CORRESPONDENCE SIMPLY ENDS.
    Last edited by RONAN MCLISTER; 01-13-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Re: B & B Booking scam

Thanks for posting that example of an overbooking credit card scam. Posting the scammer's email address and emails is one way to slow them down as it makes their scam google-able.

A variation of that scam is to offer to pay by check or money order for the exact amount. Then, just as the check arrives, disaster strikes and some of the travelers are killed/injured and can't travel. The scammer then wants you cash the check and Western Union/moneygram the excess to the injuried parties to pay for their medical bills. Of course the check is fake and eventually bounces.

Sometimes the scammer will pretend to pay by paypal and send a fake paypal confirmation email from his secondary email account. The same scenerio happens, he wants cash sent back via Western Union or moneygram. No paypal deposit is ever made, of course.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I always receive this kind of email scam. They said that they are from Africa, particularly in Nigeria.

A friend of mine was a victim of this scam.
    Bob Morton
    numerology chart reader