+ Reply to Thread

Pacific Group Inc --- Help!

I was recently involved with a pacific group scam and my bank isn't owning up to it's responsibility and saying everything involving this is my fault. however they said they tried to notify me, but it didnt show anywhere on my bank account nor my email about the fraud. Here's the situation -- I was looking for a job and they emailed me with the info. and i checked it and checked it and everything seemed legit. I go to the bank and withdraw 9,600 dollars and wester union/ money gram it to the ukraine. The bank was suspicious but they didn't stop me, ask any further questions. Yeah it seems pretty obvious to you but I didn't. I also have read up on another man who had experience the same exact thing im not sure if it was the same company. the following day I looked on my account and i was negitive 9,600. So I called and spoke to man who said that I should of never been able to withdraw the money from the account so I was given the number of some guy in Philly(Im located in VA) so he was no help. Another guy called me and gave me the biggest load of BS ive ever heard from an investigator. He told me that the bottom line was I was gunna pay the bank no if ands or buts. WEll my mom called and he told her that i demanded money from the bank! meaning he is falsifying information against me. If anyone can help in the situation I'd appreciate it.

Re: Pacific Group Inc --- Help!

Although bank manager should have caught fake check on the spot, it is niether her nor bank's fault. It is your responsibility to make sure beforehand that all checks you put on your account are from reliable sources. You will have to repay those money to bank no ifs or buts.

I go to the bank and withdraw 9,600 dollars and wester union/ money gram it to the ukraine. The bank was suspicious but they didn't stop me, ask any further questions..... the following day I looked on my account and i was negitive 9,600.
    Im confused, you withdraw 9,600 dollars for a job....western union it, then you're surprised that the following day you account is negative 9,600 dollars? Thats how banks work...

Unfortuantly either way your bank is not responsible for what you do with the money you withdraw, and if bogus cheques are involved somehow, they are also not responsible if they are fraudulant. Im afraid that you are the only one liable if you get scammed in this way.

Sorry to hear you lost money, a lot of money in fact. Yes, you will have to pay back every cent to the bank, it is your responsibility to make sure all checks you deposit are 'good' before withdrawing the cash. Even if your bank says the funds are available, that does not mean the check 'cleared', it means the bank is 'loaning' you the money against the belief that the check will turn out to be valid. A check can take days or weeks to officially clear depending on which bank it was drawn on.

Besides the name the scammer used, Pacific Group Inc, could you post up the scammer's name and his email address? That way other potential vicitims might find your post and be saved from making the same mistake. You could also post his intial emails to you.

Sorry to say but there are not jobs printing, mailing or cashing checks/money orders for strangers on the internet. Nor are there jobs accepting delivery of packages and reboxing everything and sending it all to another stranger.

My best suggestion is to post here and on every scam-warning-fraud-watching site the next time you find a job offer and ask for advice.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com