+ Reply to Thread

American security lacks the mild of our enemy

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5347847.shtml

http://boingboing.net/2009/06/22/ask...riters-to.html

http://www.governmentattic.org/docs/..._June-1970.pdf

http://www.rand.org/pubs/papers/2008/P7540.pdf

The problem with our security against airborne terrorism is not so much not having the information but the lack of creative thinking from the idiots in the American government. Add to this the limp wristed cowardice of P/C liberalism and the lack of military experiance in our leadership and no wonder some explosive panty wearing jackass was able to get on a plane.

Re: American security lacks the mild of our enemy

Mistakes happen. But it doesn't change that fact that nothing Obama says at 3pm today will change the current course of events. He still won't define the enemy and he has no ing balls to truely go to war with world wide Islamo-fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
    truely go to war with world wide Islamo-fascism.
    OK, Dan, how does this work? You are King of America. All Hail King Dan! How does one "go to war" with an ideology? How do we win this war? What is the end result?

relax,(everyone) dan just bought(dumped his life savings?)in a penny stock for a new fangled detection device for airport security!? he's simultaneously bombarding his congressman to get it approved for immediate deployment!? mentioning this thread as proof of public outrage!? isn't american capitalism great!? their motto is......dont work hard, think SMART!?: :spin2:
    Last edited by lexx; 01-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    relax
    I know my responses can have the sarcasm dial turned up sometimes but its an honest question.

I ask because I do not believe ideology can be defeated through force. That the war on terror is about as sensible and about as winnable as the war on drugs.

That is not to say we need to go light on terrorism at all. But again using the war on drugs as an example, you can kill/imprison all the drug dealers and cartel bosses you want and it accomplishes nothing or in many cases, the situation becomes worse like now where once a few large cartels controlled everything, now that has been fractured into many smaller cartels fighting with each other over turf and supply lines, increasing the number of innocent victims exponentially.

To win the war on drugs you have to focus on the demand, not the supply. Prison is somewhat of a deterrent but clearly not enough. It starts with education, jobs, hope and an end to the welfare/slavery system. That wont eliminate demand but it will drastically reduce it.

You can kill a terrorist and two more will take his place. For every innocent person killed, you add 5-10 more new terrorists. There is no end militarily, ever.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Well, seeing that the current administration has not downgraded any of the previous administration security measures and as actually added forces to the war front and has called for better communications between the intelligence agencies, which was actually not addressed by the previous administration...that would mean you are just plain full of shit and talking out of your ass.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

oh, and i forgot to ask, does anyone understand the title of this thread!? is 'mild' supposed to be 'mind'!? of course on the other hand, maybe it stands as it is!? a personal condition projected as a general societal ignorance!? a roundabout way of asking for help!?(it's for a friend?) so hey, i decided to actually read the material provided (why would i do that?) and found this interesting!?

:Think about this in the context of terrorism. If you're asked to come up with threats, you'll think of the significant ones first. If you're pushed to find more, if you hire science-fiction writers to dream them up, you'll quickly get into the low-probability movie plot threats. But since they're the last ones generated, they're more available. (They're also more vivid -- science fiction writers are good at that -- which also leads us to overestimate their probability.) They also suggest we're even less in control of the situation than we believed. Spending too much time imagining disaster scenarios leads people to overestimate the risks of disaster: :spin2:
    Last edited by lexx; 01-07-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    .that would mean you are just plain full of shit and talking out of your ass.
    I'm sorry, I must have missed the ticker tape parade honoring our decisive victory over terrorism and that the war on terror is over. Yipeee!!!

I'm not discounting the OBVIOUS need for the intelligence services to do better at communicating and working together but since you opened your yap, you answer the my questions. I am not arguing that we do nothing or that we don't respond when it is appropriate to do so.

How do we win this war? What is the end result?

OK, I am looking forward to your answer. Please provide logic, not some inane rambling "nuke Islam" bull shit. Show me what you got.

Just a question that American's ought to think of, when is the last time you heard of the Israeli airlines El Al getting hijacked? 1968 if you're old enough to remember it. Perhaps we should take a lesson from the Israeli's whom many of these jihadist's hate and amp our security systems to level "politically incorrect."

Last edited by Agent Smith; 01-07-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    ~ Smith Intelligence Network :2gunsfiring_v1:

Scammers Jerry & Jeffrey Orogun suck.