+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kreskin *scam* letter

I recently got a letter in the mail claiming to be from the "amazing Kreskin". It claims to give you a 60 day period to give you "everything". It is clearly a scam, it reminds me very much of the Noveou tech society scam. I just wanted to warn everyone that comes to this board.

Re: Kreskin *scam* letter

Got mine today, too...

Actually, I was thinking less of NTS and more of the Skye Alexander scam I mentioned earlier in the year.

But I know what you mean...

Unfortunately, I can't really afford to try it out this time...

I received the same letter from Kreskin this week, and I live in ontario Canada. His return address is PMB 155,41 Crossroads Plaza, West Hartford CT 06117-2402, in case this can help someone to stop these con artists. I was actually looking up Skye Alexander because I received a letter from her today about 2 houses and yaghts etc.
    and I found this site. It's good to know that there's other people out there to warn others. I just wanted everyone to know that I believe these letters are all from the same source. Mine started with Maria Duval then the rest followed. I'm going to start sending them back too! thanks Jimmmygirl

I've actually purchased a few products from "The Amazing Kreskin" via mail at the ct. address. After some checking, I have discovered that this
    is indeed Kreskin's company and I found most of what I ordered quite informative. In addition, any product that I was not happy with was taken
    back with no questions asked and a promp refund was issued. There is a customer service telephone number in the mail piece with a friendly helpful representative on the other end.
    I guess there are some company's out there that are actually doing the "right thing".
    Hope this helps!

Hunter :)
    Last edited by hunter1; 12-02-2006 at 04:11 AM.

Well, Hunter1,

Obvious whatever you purchased did'nt give you everything since some of your purchases were returned. Therefore it is a scam.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

I can not classify this as scam since his teachings are so goofy(mind reading). I wonder what hunter1 got from him that was informative?

Solidwork,
    I'm not sure how you would draw a conclusion like that. If you went to the store and bought a pair of sneakers that subsequently hurt your feet would that mean that NIKE is a scam? Some of the products that I ordered were informative and
    interesting and a couple of others were not for me... Very simple!
    As far as which products I found informative, there were some motivational tapes
    as well as a few manuscripts.

Something truly does not add up here. If you go do www.amazingkreskin.com
    you will find absolutely nothing in his "products" area other than a book and DVD's, for a grand total of 3 items. Also, he lives in New Jersey, not Connecticut, and his management company is out of New York, not Connecticut.

Now, it wouldn't be a real leap to conclude the mailing is ripping off Kreskin's name. Hunter1 - care to look at the website and offer an explanation, since you state you've purchased items from him and were pleased with them?

Thanks,

Jerry

Don't know the inner workings of his organization however I do know that mail order companies do multiple operations out of multiple locations. He may do his mail processing in one place and fulfillment in another. Depends are where the vendors are... Maybe his mail order business is different from his website because the audience is different. My point is that there are many possibilities other than "SCAM"...

HUNTER

Can anyone tell me what to do if someone got sucked into a letter from skye alexander? my mother just got a bill for $90.00 and i do not know what to tell her to do. she has not paid anything and just remembers the letter about how she was going to get a boat and tons of money by the end of the year. she has recieved about 4 mailings and this last one she opened and it told her she had to pay by a ceritan time. i told her it sounded like a scam but i would look it up for her and found this page, so now that i know its a scam how do i help her get her name cleared for the bill and mailing list? can anyone give us some ideas or help?
    undefined
    Brightest Blessings to all
    Jem

Stryker - Good work!! Forewarned is forearmed! I wonder how many have already been taken in this scam. Odd, really - how many are familiar with "The Amazing Kreskin"? His "hey day" was a few decades ago, and he would hardly be considered a "scam artist" - in fact he was quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by solidwork
    Well, Hunter1,

Obvious whatever you purchased did'nt give you everything since some of your purchases were returned. Therefore it is a scam.
    OK, let's follow this logic a bit, shall we? If I buy a t-shirt from Wal-Mart, and I'm dissatisfied with it, it therefore follows that Wal-Mart is a scam?

Oy vey. You must have skipped that day in your Logic classes.:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by jemdreamz1214
    Can anyone tell me what to do if someone got sucked into a letter from skye alexander? my mother just got a bill for $90.00 and i do not know what to tell her to do. she has not paid anything and just remembers the letter about how she was going to get a boat and tons of money by the end of the year. she has recieved about 4 mailings and this last one she opened and it told her she had to pay by a ceritan time. i told her it sounded like a scam but i would look it up for her and found this page, so now that i know its a scam how do i help her get her name cleared for the bill and mailing list? can anyone give us some ideas or help?
    Send a letter, signed by your mom. Direct that all billing be stopped, that her name be removed from all lists maintained OR rented by the company. That usually does it.

Well said Vidbidness!!

I too spoke to the customer service people who sell the "Amazing Kreskin" items and they told me straight out that they sold books by Kreskin with his permission. I was impressed that I was emailed quickly and given a name and phone number to call. This is quite hard to find when it is a scam - don't you think.

I have had mailings from all these people and more,Dr.Rob,Maria Duval.I did order some things from Maria Duval and nothing changed;I think these people take advantage of people when they know they are down or going through a rough spot in their lives.My son was the one who told me that Maria Duval is a scam.I have also had some dealings with Sara Freder and I figured out for myself that the whole thing was a scam.I am a lot smarter than I used to be regarding these mailings.I just put this stuff through the shredder,now.