+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 The end of the world?

There has been millions of controversy on this topic saying that in the month of December 2012, something drastic will extinct the human race and all animals. If you've heard what it is that will happen please let me know. or even tell me if its fake and just a stupid rumor or a nice little way to advertise some products and or entertainment. One story I've heard is that the sun's solar flares are going to expand and pass straight into and through the earth's core killing everything.

Re: 2012 The end of the world?

There are several topics on this in the Religous section here, check them out!
    http://scam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Quote Originally Posted by brinelara View Post
    One story I've heard is that the sun's solar flares are going to expand and pass straight into and through the earth's core killing everything.
    That is the plot line in the science-fiction movie 2012 that came out a month or so ago.

Did I mention that it is a science-fiction movie.

Wkik Article,
    2012 (film)
    2012 is a 2009 disaster film directed by Roland Emmerich. The film stars John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton and Woody Harrelson. It was distributed by Columbia Pictures. Filming began in August 2008 in Vancouver.
    Plot
    In 2009, young American geologist Adrian Helmsley learns from a colleague in India that neutrinos from a massive solar flare are acting as microwave radiation, causing the temperature of the Earth's core to increase rapidly.
    Personally, I like the end of the world plot line from The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) better. It was a remake of the 1951 classic.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 12-30-2009 at 07:53 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by brinelara View Post
    There has been millions of controversy on this topic saying that in the month of December 2012, something drastic will extinct the human race and all animals. If you've heard what it is that will happen please let me know. or even tell me if its fake and just a stupid rumor or a nice little way to advertise some products and or entertainment. One story I've heard is that the sun's solar flares are going to expand and pass straight into and through the earth's core killing everything.
    Yes it's all true! It's going to happen!! Now is the time to sell everything you own and quit your job! Spend the next two years living like a King because that's all you have. Party your ass off day and night! It's the bloody Apocalypse! Run for your lives!!

Last edited by put it out there baby; 12-30-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    That is the plot line in the science-fiction movie 2012 that came out a month or so ago.

Did I mention that it is a science-fiction movie.

Wkik Article,Personally, I like the end of the world plot line from The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) better. It was a remake of the 1951 classic.

And that plotline makes absolutely no sense in context of real life physics. Neutrinos are among the particles least likely to do absolutely anything, much less cause heat. They don't even interact with electromagnetism (which heat falls under).

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    And that plotline makes absolutely no sense in context of real life physics. Neutrinos are among the particles least likely to do absolutely anything, much less cause heat. They don't even interact with electromagnetism (which heat falls under).

TDTESS!? didn't catch the neutrino thing but those NANO PIRANNA were right on FREAKY!? guess i'l watch it again!? :judges::judges::judges: gimme a bigger hammer!! :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
    Yes it's all true! It's going to happen!! Now is the time to sell everything you own and quit your job! Spend the next two years living like a King because that's all you have. Party your ass off day and night! It's the bloody Apocalypse! Run for your lives!!
    this part doesn't make sense!?(sesame street) It's the bloody Apocalypse! Run for your lives!! .......liked the rest of it though!? oops!? i forgot, were not talking!? : :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Nope, it is not the end of the world. Check out your Bible the earth will be here forever God did not make it for nothing. some scripture tells you all that.

You can not believe some Mayan history just because they did not have their calender set up for the next year.

What will end is not the earth. Gullible people I can not believe U have been brain washed by movies and all these people who knew nothing about what God said in the Bible.
    Another joke has been played on you Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Hahaha View Post
    Nope, it is not the end of the world. Check out your Bible the earth will be here forever God did not make it for nothing. some scripture tells you all that.

You can not believe some Mayan history just because they did not have their calender set up for the next year.

What will end is not the earth. Gullible people I can not believe U have been brain washed by movies and all these people who knew nothing about what God said in the Bible.
    Another joke has been played on you Hahaha
    The planet Earth will be around for about another 4.5 billion years(estimated life remaining in the sun).

It's a safe bet that we, as a species, will not last that long though. We will eventually go extinct...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    The planet Earth will be around for about another 4.5 billion years(estimated life remaining in the sun).

It's a safe bet that we, as a species, will not last that long though. We will eventually go extinct...

Really paul? ur that smart? sounds like u been taking science lessons from sink and wiz. The scriptures do indicate that the earth will be here forever. u should study the bible paul, and quite hanging out with LoggyYours, wiz.:

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Yeah...just like the earth is 6000 years old. Wanna make that argument Soulbore?

Or, how about your biblical Love Boat....Noah's Ark?....wanna prove also?

Oh wait, you'd need evidence. I'm sorry...I forgot.

Silly creationist, Trixs are for morons.
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 04-12-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Noah's Ark sits in a glacier at 17,000 feet in the Ararat range bordering Turkey and Russia. It is exactly where SCRIPTURE says it is. Many people have seen it, including aviators.

There are wicked people who know it is there, yet deprive the world of clear evidence of the historicity and infallibility of the 1611 KJB.

As for 2012 the movie: A farce. God promised to never inundate the world with ***** again. Hollywood is a disinformation vehicle for the NWO.

Most aware and educated believers think that 2012 will be the year that antichrist will become the world leader over a 10-nation confederacy. Ergo, 2012 will commence the 7-year tribulation period. It will end at Armaggedon with the return of Christ and His army. :king22:
    The planet will indeed continue, minus the wicked. It will also be fully refurbished to pristine beauty after the many judgments of the tribulation scorch and mar it.

A VERY good read: Apollyon Rising 2012. Gave me chills, very well documented and credible. Can be ordered online.:angel:

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye888 View Post
    Noah's Ark sits in a glacier at 17,000 feet in the Ararat range bordering Turkey and Russia. It is exactly where SCRIPTURE says it is. Many people have seen it, including aviators.

There are wicked people who know it is there, yet deprive the world of clear evidence of the historicity and infallibility of the 1611 KJB.

As for 2012 the movie: A farce. God promised to never inundate the world with ***** again. Hollywood is a disinformation vehicle for the NWO.

Most aware and educated believers think that 2012 will be the year that antichrist will become the world leader over a 10-nation confederacy. Ergo, 2012 will commence the 7-year tribulation period. It will end at Armaggedon with the return of Christ and His army. :king22:
    The planet will indeed continue, minus the wicked. It will also be fully refurbished to pristine beauty after the many judgments of the tribulation scorch and mar it.

A VERY good read: Apollyon Rising 2012. Gave me chills, very well documented and credible. Can be ordered online.:angel:
    Um no.

There is no scripture stating exactly where Noah's ark came to rest.

The area you refer to has a few pieces of wood worked by people located high in the mountains but they could well originate from anything including a simple shack someone took shelter in.

No conspiracy of the wicked to hide anything either there is simply nothing like an " ark " to see.

Everything changes with time and yes our world could well be changing drastically in the next few years. Honeybees are vanishing, the Earth's magnetic field is changing, the climate is changing, usable oil supplies are dwindling while consumption increases.

Some see the end of the world as we know it coming, others simply see it as normal change which is inevitable. Maybe our species will adapt and change for the better or maybe not. BTW scripture only says god will not flood the world again, doesn't say he would not use another medium to destroy it.

This is not true for me

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye888 View Post

Wow! Sounds like a great Sci-fi read to me:cwm2:

Cheers, Pokey

Quote Originally Posted by soulbro View Post
    Really paul? ur that smart? sounds like u been taking science lessons from sink and wiz. The scriptures do indicate that the earth will be here forever. u should study the bible paul, and quite hanging out with LoggyYours, wiz.:
    I got banned for making this post. My bad. Sorry paulm (crawl) I will "respect" ur pull.